Cole Swider returning ??? | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider returning ???

No matter how bad you want to keep Benny on the roster, after last season it would be difficult to make that promise and would be hard for him to expect it here, or any place he could transfer to. That said, he has a big advantage starting ahead of any freshman that plays forward.
Well, tbf, if JB told people that Cole, Buddy and Jimmy were all leaving, meaning those spots were open, and Benny had one, Cole coming back screws that up.

Yea, Syracuse.com reported yesterday that a decision from Cole probably won’t be coming anytime soon. In the meantime, I would imagine the staff will look at some forwards in the portal to see if there’s any mutual interest in ones we identify as good fits and have an “in” with.
This delayed decision by Cole (if it is in fact closer to May 1st) puts the coaching staff in a bit of a quandary. What if there is mutual interest with a good portal guy (that could fulfill our need for a 3rd scorer). Do we continue to wait on Cole and take the risk of losing the good portal player? (the portal guy may not want to wait around for SU to make up their mind to be able to offer a guaranteed starting spot).

If you don’t think someone like Swider doesn’t get a look in Europe you’re beyond clueless, and I’m being kind with my words.
Definitely. I know a lot of Mercer alums over the years who have played overseas, and I'm not talking about the guys who beat Duke either. I'm quite certain Cole has the talent to play overseas.

Swider's Swisher Sweets. Sells itself.
Buddy had those orchard commercials last year. How about a whole Swider campaign? It's Swider (cider) season. We could have people mispronouncing cider all over the city...or all over the WORLD!!! Family Guy can do it on their show, have Stewey call it Swider, like he mispronounces WH words.

Definitely. I know a lot of Mercer alums over the years who have played overseas, and I'm not talking about the guys who beat Duke either. I'm quite certain Cole has the talent to play overseas.
Yeah, I think Cole's a shoo-in for an overseas spot somewhere. The question is if the Cole we saw at the end of the year against UNC and FSU shows up for a whole season, a 2nd round NBA pick could be possible.

The way NBA teams are going for "Big 3s" these days doesn't leave a lot of cap room for the rest of the team. These cheap but valuable 2nd round guys are getting more and more popular. A UNC/FSU version of Cole could stick at the end of an NBA bench IMO.

Cole really expanded his game last year. If he continues to improve his ball handling and attacking the basket, he would be a big time player next year. We saw what Symir did for Cole against Duke,
now just imagine what Mintz brings to the table. Add Jessie’s improvement and next years team could be a tough team to defend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom