Cole Swider returning ??? | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider returning ???

Cole gets until May?

Weren’t we told we HAD to move on from Quincy much sooner than that due to...reasons.

Last year was a COVID year and the nba moved the date out to July. Q couldn’t commit to when he would decide but we couldn’t wait till possibly that long. The NBA has now moved it back to April like it usually has been. I’m not sure getting till May is right but time will tell.

You have to secure the bag while you are still in your prime years. He is getting off to a pretty late start as it is. Even more important to do so if you will only be playing overseas where there is less money. Obviously want him back but I would understand
One year of making let’s say 150k versus coming back and maybe improving to the point of getting a look from the NBA seems like a no brainer.
I also think he probably could get a NIL deal if he stayed that would help offset that 150k he might make overseas. I understand he might have his reasons but financially I don’t see why he would leave.

Cole gets until May?

Weren’t we told we HAD to move on from Quincy much sooner than that due to...reasons.
Thanks for that reminder

He improved so much as the year went on and he was encouraged by the staff to shoot more. I wasn’t certain early on with him when he always would get the ball knocked out of his hands 3x a game. But he became such a focal point as the year went on and his confidence was apparent. Really hope he comes back
His biggest issues are between the ears. When he gets it going he’s lights out.

I can deal with his marginal hands and lack of athleticism if he’s paired with more athletes. He really reminds me of Andrew White a lot. Same essential skill sets in a different frame.

If you don’t think someone like Swider doesn’t get a look in Europe you’re beyond clueless, and I’m being kind with my words.
He could play in Europe for sure. But now is not a great time to be going overseas. I also thought I read he wanted to go into coaching after he was done.

I can deal with his marginal hands and lack of athleticism if he’s paired with more athletes. He really reminds me of Andrew White a lot. Same essential skill sets in a different frame.
Good comp. They both lacked handle but had 1 go-to move they could usually pull off. Great and streaky shooters. Good rebounders.

Cole is athletic enough that it’s not a disadvantage to the extent that Jimmy was. He’s instinctive in the zone I think will be even better next year, especially since we’ve essentially replacing Buddy and Jimmy with Judah and Benny. Defense will be night and day and I think Cole will be a big piece of that

Good comparison, but Andrew was the top option and Cole got to be the 4th option. Will be interesting to see what Cole would do as top option. I could see it not quite working out for him, but also he might seize the moment. Hard to tell IMO.

It’ll be interesting to see how the staff handles it. Will we start to see them making contact on some forwards to force Cole’s hand? Or maybe they give him a right of first refusal before making a formal offer to his replacement?

I think I’d prefer Cole over anyone we’d be reasonably be expected to get to replace him. But at the same time we can’t put all our eggs in the Cole basket and come back empty handed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom