Cole Swider signs with Heat | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

I had the same question the other day, and found this:

That explains things somewhat, but still leaves me with a question. Could a team play both their two way guys in a game, and still have all their 15 roster spots committed? In theory, could a team have 17 players all play in the same game? (I know that's unlikely, just trying to get a clear understanding)

Started and hit a foul line pull up jumper.

Been in there the whole 1st quarter, active despite not getting ball much. getting some boards, hustling on D. Hit his only shot.

If anything this is interesting. Lakers have sons of Scottie Pippen and Shaq O'Neal

LOL, PBP just asked analyst ( Tom Tolbert) if he had any early impressions of the game. Analyst: "No. None. It's Summer League." PBP:"OK...We'll get back to you on that."

Last edited:
That explains things somewhat, but still leaves me with a question. Could a team play both their two way guys in a game, and still have all their 15 roster spots committed? In theory, could a team have 17 players all play in the same game? (I know that's unlikely, just trying to get a clear understanding)
No, there might be Covid stuff that changed this up but I'm pretty sure the active roster is considered 15. For the 2 way guys to be on the active roster one of the 15 original spots needs to have a guy out. Or just not be filled.

Doesnt mean a ton? Isnt that where THT blew up and got his opp? Same with Gay Payton Deuce?

Cole plays again tonight at 730p on NBATV. A replay of yesterdays game is on NBATV today at noon. You only need to watch the 1st and 4th quarters.

Doesnt mean a ton? Isnt that where THT blew up and got his opp? Same with Gay Payton Deuce?
Yes. Summer league performance doesn't reliably predict how an NBA career will go.

Some dudes look amazing in summer league and never do anything in the NBA and wash out quickly and other dudes like Wes Mathews get played off the floor in summer league and then end up having an awesome NBA career.

Yes. Summer league performance doesn't reliably predict how an NBA career will go.

Some dudes look amazing in summer league and never do anything in the NBA and wash out quickly and other dudes like Wes Mathews get played off the floor in summer league and then end up having an awesome NBA career.

I think it has more significance for a player on a 2 way contract than the 100’s not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom