Cole Swider signs with Heat | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

I’m so happy for Cole
After the season these guys had as a team it’s nice to see them all get to live out this opportunity. The guys still here can improve on last years record, the guys who left are living out a dream. As nasty as last year was and extremely hard to watch, Jesse is healthy, Mintz is here, Benny came back, two of our players signed two way deals and Jimmy is getting a shot on a national stage.

Swider signed a 2 year deal which I believe is unusual for a 2-way. In some ways I think the 2 years benefits the team more since they can terminate at any time but have him locked in for an extra year at low cost.

Does show the Lakers value him.

Swider signed a 2 year deal which I believe is unusual for a 2-way. In some ways I think the 2 years benefits the team more since they can terminate at any time but have him locked in for an extra year at low cost.

Does show the Lakers value him.

Yeah, I think everyone should have some patience with Cole's road to potentially getting on the NBA roster.

The two year two-way isn't really an ideal contract for a player, but he has one very good skill and has some work to do elsewhere, but he's off to a start that at least gives him a puncher's chance.

But keep in mind his road may be very winding. Rooting for him, though.

Yeah, I think everyone should have some patience with Cole's road to potentially getting on the NBA roster.

The two year two-way isn't really an ideal contract for a player, but he has one very good skill and has some work to do elsewhere, but he's off to a start that at least gives him a puncher's chance.

But keep in mind his road may be very winding. Rooting for him, though.

Yeah - if he finishes the summer as he started it then he opened the door faster than expected. That is only the beginning.

Lakers are playing a different type of game today. Not much ball movement. A lot of players just putting the ball on the floor and going to the basket. Not Cole’s game. Some real ball hogs tonight. Too many guys don’t know how to drive and kick it out. Cole just made a sweet pass inside for a dunk.

Last play was indicative. Lakers have the ball for last shot with 3.6 secs remaining. Lakers call TO to set something up. Pass goes into Bass at 3/4 court. He dribbles up, Cole is open on one wing for a quick pass and shot. Bass keeps dribbling straight ahead towards the basket until the clock goes off. No pass no shot. Brilliant. 3-4 times that half Cole was open for kickouts that never came. Didn’t help that Pippen only played 8 mins. Cole took just one shot, a deep 3 in transistion. Looked good but didn’t fall.

Must be a couple injuries tonight. Huff and McClung haven’t played.

Bang. With a hand right in his face.

Finished with 5 pts, 2 rebs, 1 ast, 1 blk. Shot 1-4, 1-2 from 3 and 2-2 from the line.

Finished with 5 pts, 2 rebs, 1 ast, 1 blk. Shot 1-4, 1-2 from 3 and 2-2 from the line.
The up shot of summer league not mattering much is he can have a pedestrian game like this and it doesn't mean much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom