Cole Swider signs with Heat | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

Yes. Summer league performance doesn't reliably predict how an NBA career will go.

Some dudes look amazing in summer league and never do anything in the NBA and wash out quickly and other dudes like Wes Mathews get played off the floor in summer league and then end up having an awesome NBA career.
If I recall, MCW was terrible in summer league - but then had a triple double in his first regular season game, on his way to winning rookie of the year.

I think it has more significance for a player on a 2 way contract than the 100’s not.
There might be kind of an interesting dynamic there.

Summer league is tough. Those guys are fighting for jobs. In Cole's case, it's to keep his job.

But he already has a contract, ie the Lakers organization already decided to make a certain investment in him. That's different from most of the other guys there.

Anyway, my original point is, if we have guys there, we'd rather see them play well, because why wouldn't we?

But in terms of taking much meaning from how they play, there's not much to learn or project.

Great to see.

Swider got better and better as last season went on, and over the last 1/4 of the year was arguably our best player. He definitely has NBA range / touch, could certainly see him catching on in the right situation.

This appears to be a great fit with the Lakers. And when you're undrafted, it's all about fit.

Hope he sticks and has a long career.

Kinda sucks they have a taller but similar player in terms of deep threat in Huff.

Interesting item on Cole Swider From NBA Hoops Rumors:

• Cole Swider‘s two-way contract with the Lakers covers two seasons, per Dan Woike of The Los Angeles Times (Twitter link). Swider, who went undrafted last month after spending three seasons at Villanova and one season at Syracuse, averaged 13.9 points per game last year, shooting 41% from deep.

• Cole Swider‘s two-way contract with the Lakers covers two seasons, per Dan Woike of The Los Angeles Times (Twitter link). Swider, who went undrafted last month after spending three seasons at Villanova and one season at Syracuse, averaged 13.9 points per game last year, shooting 41% from deep.

Excellent. I didn’t know there were 2 year two ways.

Kinda sucks they have a taller but similar player in terms of deep threat in Huff.

I don’t know. Huff is a 7’ center who steps out on occasion. Cole is a 3/4 that plays on the perimeter. Huff was 2-5 from 3 these two games. Cole was 8-13. Huff was a two way contract guy for the Lakers last year. They signed him to the summer league team this year.

That is interesting.

I didn't think they could do that. I thought 2 ways were a season by season thing.

I wonder if that maybe came with some guaranteed scratch. Not every guy with a 2 way makes it through the season. Teams can flip the guys that have those.

Cole played 39 minutes in the two games. 29 points. 10-15 FGs. 8-13 from 3. 1-1 FTs. 9 rebs. 2Blks. Pretty good.

Yeah there is playing well... then there is making an impression. The former to others pointing out is sort of a oh well in summer league. The latter is what propels you forward as an UFA. Certainly Cole has done the latter I would say and validating the scouting and two way offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom