Cole Swider signs with Heat | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

He had a shot with 5 seconds left driving from a jump ball and two guys on him to try to tie the game and send it to OT. Wasn't able to get up a good shot on a running 3 and looked to me like he got fouled but no call. They wanted it in his hands to get to OT! Marv Albert called his name nonstop in the 4th, so awesome seeing him get such great run in the preseason.

He had a shot with 5 seconds left driving from a jump ball and two guys on him to try to tie the game and send it to OT. Wasn't able to get up a good shot on a running 3 and looked to me like he got fouled but no call. They wanted it in his hands to get to OT! Marv Albert called his name nonstop in the 4th, so awesome seeing him get such great run in the preseason.
I thought Marv retired?

Curious about other's viewpoints.

Outside of this forum, what does one think SU fans feel when they here the name Cole Swider? Do they think, ah, this is the guy that GMAC recruited as a prep perhaps harder than anyone in his career to get to Syracuse. He chose 'Nova instead and was there for 3 full seasons.

After, and only after not really being a significant part in 'Nova's successes while he was there, he decided to transfer to Syracuse. He was here for one season, a season we failed to make it to any post season tourney as we finished under .500.

Due to the aforementioned, I'm curious whether our fans (outside of this forum) really pay any attention to him whenever they may here his name. Additionally, I wonder if the general population (especially 'Nova fans) think Swider is far more of a 'cat than he ever was Orange, even though his degree is from SU.

Last edited:

Outside of this forum, what does one think SU fans feel when they here the name Cole Swider? Do they think, ah, this is the guy that GMAC recruited as a prep perhaps harder than anyone in his career to get to Syracuse. He chose 'Nova instead and was there for 3 full seasons.

After, and only after not really being a significant part in 'Nova's successes while he was there, he decided to transfer to Syracuse. He was here for one season, a season we failed to make it to any post season tourney as we finished under .500.

Due to the aforementioned, I'm curious whether our fans (outside of this forum) really pay any attention to him whenever they may here his name. Additionally, I wonder if the general population (especially 'Nova fans) think Swider is far more of a 'cat than he ever was Orange, even though his degree is from SU.

Cole was a bright spot from a season that sucked. Now it was still not likely a tourney season but if Jesse stayed healthy it would have not ended the way it did with how well Cole was playing. Cole has been a great Ambassador for SU since the day he arrived and after leaving. Every bit the success he has had was given legs by his time at SU. He is all orange. I've been watching his progress since the day he started summer league and really hope he gets some run with the heat and carves out an NBA career however long and then either a coaching career or something in the media. I'd love to see him be on an SU sideline someday as his work ethic and leadership would do him well in any endeavor

I would guess Nova fans don't think about him that much because he didn't contribute all that much to any success they had.

I think he's viewed by average SU fans as a nice player but doesn't move the needle much. He didn't play on a successful team, didn't win any awards, and doesn't have an exciting style of play.

3 people, including my brothers, aren’t members of this board at all. All 3 are fans of Cole’s. In fact, many of the links I post about Cole will come from one of them. Once Orange always Orange.

We really dropped the ball as a fan base by not running with the Swider Man nickname.
I blame it on OttoinGrotto for not giving his seal of approval.
I stand by the decision.

In a Syracuse jersey, the nickname doesn't fit. Swider came in with high expectations. That's incongruous with Peter Parker's identity as an underdog.

It works in the NBA because 2 way guys are the most identifiable underdogs there are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom