Cole Swider signs with Heat | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

Those aren’t his regular season stats. They are from 4 games in the showcase cup.he played in 27 regular season games and average 17ppg.

I thought it looked wrong, I thought I had seen him in more than 4 games myself. Sorry - a bad google fail on my part.

He wasn’t even good in college.
I don't know what happened, but at one point in preseason, he looked like he would be THE leader of this team. Then, it looked like he took a back seat to the Boeheim boys, and he regressed. He was always better than both of them. It would have suited both the team and him better if he took the lead, but I don't think that was available to him. At this point, he is not a plus athlete, but he is a very skillful player, if Duncan Robinson has a place in the NBA, then Cole can find one. I am not sure what team has the right parts to surround him with, but he is right on the fringe of being an NBA player, it is all about the surrounding parts.

I don't know what happened, but at one point in preseason, he looked like he would be THE leader of this team. Then, it looked like he took a back seat to the Boeheim boys, and he regressed. He was always better than both of them. It would have suited both the team and him better if he took the lead, but I don't think that was available to him. At this point, he is not a plus athlete, but he is a very skillful player, if Duncan Robinson has a place in the NBA, then Cole can find one. I am not sure what team has the right parts to surround him with, but he is right on the fringe of being an NBA player, it is all about the surrounding parts.

Pretty sure he's referring to Fudge and his 5.8 ppg at florida

1690505897186.gif

NBA is insanely hard to make and then stick.

And the talent is deeper than ever before.

He held on longer than I thought. Hope now he has the flex to find somewhere to play and stick outside of the NBA. Maybe he’ll find another team to give him a shot via the G League.

He’ll make a good living playing ball. Had a cup of coffee in the league.

But he doesn’t have the tools to stick on an NBA roster. But that’s not a knock, it’s reality.

All the luck to him. Seems to really bleed orange. And can be counted as one more guy from the program that was in the nba.

I was talking about Alex Fudge

Maybe on a straight g-league contract. Most teams have used their three two-way contracts for the upcoming season.

Not totally sure on the accuracy of this, but it was posted yesterday. By my count, it’s showing 28 open 2-way contract spots across the league, including the Warriors having all three spots open (although I think they just signed Lester Quinones to another 2-way deal for next season).

From Laker Nation about Cole Swider:

”This move doesn’t come as a huge surprise as Swider will be going into his second season and doesn’t have a ton of room for more development at 24 years of age.

Swider is an outstanding 3-pointer shooter and has shown that throughout his career, whether it be in college at Villanova and Syracuse, in his two Summer Leagues with the Lakers, or in the G League with the South Bay Lakers last season.

The forward does not provide much else though as he has struggled on the defensive end, which ultimately is the reason the Lakers are deciding to move on.

It will be interesting to see if Swider is able to find another roster spot in the NBA, whether it be a two-way contract or standard roster spot. If not then it is possible he returns to South Bay for a second season in the G League if he doesn’t go overseas to play professionally”

I was kind of surprised that Laker Nation has the opinion that Cole does not provide much more than 3 pt shooting ability Especially after averaging close 17 pts per game last year and 15 ppl in the summer leagues. His second year contract was not guaranteed. Turns out Scottie Pippen, Jr second year contract is also not guaranteed. Guess this is standard for signing a two year, two way contract with the LA Lakers.

”This move doesn’t come as a huge surprise as Swider will be going into his second season and doesn’t have a ton of room for more development at 24 years of age.

Swider is an outstanding 3-pointer shooter and has shown that throughout his career, whether it be in college at Villanova and Syracuse, in his two Summer Leagues with the Lakers, or in the G League with the South Bay Lakers last season.

The forward does not provide much else though as he has struggled on the defensive end, which ultimately is the reason the Lakers are deciding to move on.

It will be interesting to see if Swider is able to find another roster spot in the NBA, whether it be a two-way contract or standard roster spot. If not then it is possible he returns to South Bay for a second season in the G League if he doesn’t go overseas to play professionally”

I was kind of surprised that Laker Nation has the opinion that Cole does not provide much more than 3 pt shooting ability Especially after averaging close 17 pts per game last year and 15 ppl in the summer leagues. His second year contract was not guaranteed. Turns out Scottie Pippen, Jr second year contract is also not guaranteed. Guess this is standard for signing a two year, two way contract with the LA Lakers.

I don't think any two-way contracts are guaranteed. I'm pretty sure they are guaranteed up to $75,000 per year, but they otherwise can be cut at any time.

I was hoping his rebounding would be considered a plus in evaluating him. Heck he’s 6’9” and obviously can get his shot off. He shot very well from not just from 3 (43.8%) but inside the arc too (62.7%) according to the regular season stats. He also had a positive assist to turnover rate in the g league. He was #2 in scoring and the #1 most efficient scorer for their g league team. He obviously developed more while at SU and even more during his g league stint- so they think he‘d never improve with more time? Hope he gets the opportunity to prove them wrong.

cole avg'd 35 mpg and would fetch us about 6 boards. respectable but i don't really recall him being a banger inside. more outside finesse type player. maybe G league toughened him up.

He cannot dribble or play defense at at an even close to acceptable level to stick. His bag is super limited on offense, overall.

Love the guy and all, but he doesn’t have it. He’s not rebounding anything in the NBA either.

He cannot dribble or play defense at at an even close to acceptable level to stick. His bag is super limited on offense, overall.

Love the guy and all, but he doesn’t have it. He’s not rebounding anything in the NBA either.

Is there really enough of a sample size to say he can't rebound in the NBA? The only game he got significant minutes in last year, he grabbed 5 boards in 25 mins. Pretty much right in line with what the typical small forward averages in rebounds per game.

Is there really enough of a sample size to say he can't rebound in the NBA? The only game he got significant minutes in last year, he grabbed 5 boards in 25 mins. Pretty much right in line with what the typical small forward averages in rebounds per game.

That game when Bron, AD and Reeves were out? When the Nuggets beat them handily?

Congrats on getting five of the over fifty misses by Denver. He got the same amount as Wenyen Gabriel on the Lakers.

He’s not good enough, period. NBA is hard. Five boards against a team that was toying with an undermanned Lakers team means nothing.

He’s still better than most of the world at playing basketball, but not at the NBA level.

That game when Bron, AD and Reeves were out? When the Nuggets beat them handily?

Congrats on getting five of the over fifty misses by Denver. He got the same amount as Wenyen Gabriel on the Lakers.

He’s not good enough, period. NBA is hard. Five boards against a team that was toying with an undermanned Lakers team means nothing.

He’s still better than most of the world at playing basketball, but not at the NBA level.

Ok. I’ll let him know to hang ‘em up.

If there were 50 misses, and 10 guys on the floor, 5 seems about right.

Ok. I’ll let him know to hang ‘em up.
Wow. You're taking it kinda hard. He'll likely have a good long career overseas. There's nothing wrong that.

I had hoped he could carve out a Steve Novak like role but don't think Steve would hold down a spot in today's NBA when you really think about it.

Wow. You're taking it kinda hard. He'll likely have a good long career overseas. There's nothing wrong that.

I’m not taking anything hard. I don’t speak in absolutes, especially when I’m not nor have I ever been involved in NBA talent evaluation or personnel decisions, which I assume is the case for 99.99% of this board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom