Cole Swider to hire an agent and declare for the NBA Draft | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider to hire an agent and declare for the NBA Draft

I thought we were still a bubble team at best w Cole, so this isn't ideal at all. But I understand his decision and wish him well. Not everyone wants to go to college forever. We need a scoring forward from the portal badly.

At least we know now. Lot of forwards coming in but can we trust 45-50 minutes out of Bunch, Taylor and Brown? And that’s assuming a Benny leap to handle 30-35 minutes a game.

Don’t really have the size to run a 3 guard lineup of Joe, Mintz and Symir. We’d get pounded on the boards.

Might need to turn back the clocks to 2018 and try to win games 52-50.

He is also smaller. He is also less experienced. He is also not as good a shooter.
I read recently he’s 6’8” now? Look at him in pictures next to Bunch and he’s the bigger guy.

I was down on him over the summer because he struggled in AAU, but his recent tape looks like he’s improved.

Anyway I guess I am not as fatalistic about this as some because of the excitement of the unknown. Outside of Jessie, Joe, and Sy it’s basically an entire new team and there’s excitement to that.

I think one of these young kids can step up and I could see the coaches not bringing someone else in because they don’t want someone who’s not familiar with our system that’s a veteran blocking the young guys.

Last edited:
Could see Cole playing for pay in some Euro league but not the NBA.
Wish him the best but don't think we'll see him in the NBA. Hope he's not getting bad advice.

I read recently he’s 6’8” now? Look at him in pictures next to Bunch and he’s the bigger guy.

I was down on him over the summer because he struggled in AAU, but his recent tape looks like he’s improved.

Anyway I guess I am not as fatalistic about this as some because of the excitement of the unknow. Outside of Jessie, Joe, and Sy it’s basically an entire new team and there’s excitement to that.

I think one of these young kids can step up and I could see the coaches not bringing someone else in because they don’t want someone who’s not familiar with our system that’s a veteran blocking the young guys.
You have just hit JB's thinking from what I have heard. I disagree with this. Let's get a proven college player. I hope if it is JJ, he does great. Of course. But I would have been very happy with Cole back. Therefore, I want a proven player. Not someone we have to hope can do it right away.

Does signing with an agent void your eligibility still? He sounded like he was done no matter what, but if he doesn't get drafted does he consider coming back?

Could see Cole playing for pay in some Euro league but not the NBA.
Wish him the best but don't think we'll see him in the NBA. Hope he's not getting bad advice.
I would worry about playing in Europe with all the unrest.

This is our opportunity at getting our backup center, too. We have a spot as a 4/5.

Bringing in 6 new players is going to be incredibly difficult. And it looks like we will add a 7th! Coaches will really be challenged to get some semblance of continuity from this squad.

You have just hit JB's thinking from what I have heard. I disagree with this. Let's get a proven college player. I hope if it is JJ, he does great. Of course. But I would have been very happy with Cole back. Therefore, I want a proven player. Not someone we have to hope can do it right away.
I almost get it. One of the issues with some of the transfers is by the time it start to click we are already in a huge hole. It happened this year and it happened with the Andrew White/John Gillon team. Add 6 freshmen to the mix and it gets even more complicated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom