Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

I agree. Doesn’t mean he isn’t going to try.
AG is like a gear with a tooth missing. Goes fine until, Bing! He just doesn't seem to be able to control himself and it's often the same problem.

You can see JB in his face when he brings him off the floor and be fairly certain he's saying "What did we just get done talking about?"

Sigh.
Why, exactly, will a kid who has never played for Syracuse “know how to play the zone”?

Because he has the same DNA as the coach?
Because he’s watched some practices as a kid growing up?

He’s been at Cornell the last 4 years.
They don’t play zone.
(he didn’t even get to play at all this past season)
He has zero real world experience playing the Syracuse 2-3 zone.

All that said - he’s a grown-ass man, seems very fundamentally sound, nice post footwork, not a beanpole, and is experienced and a good athlete.

So - he’s got the makings of a guy who could be decent in the zone, in time.

Yeah, my dad was a plumber. And I have absolutely no idea how to plumb.

Dude cmon. I get what your saying but please give me examples of Quincy putting it on the deck and getting to the rim. Almost all of Quincys points come posting up and being around the rim. I showed you examples of Cole putting it on the floor and getting to the basket. (And I use to be under the assumption that he wasn't that great at that until someone on here helped changed my outlook on it. I didn't get to watch Cole a ton since he went to Nova so I had to go back and watch some tape.) Quincy doesn't have a handle...hes more athletic and can rebound but Swider definitely shows some versatility on the offensive side. So yea...watch some highlight reels.

I think we have two stars. We certainly didn't have that 15 games ago. I am a big fan of what I think Jess will give us. More size in the front court. I wish, like it seems everyone else, that Kadary was still here. If he was, I think the board would have us, after Buddy's emergence, Benny's addition and now Cole, people here would have us in the final four. Well, I still like our team a lot. I suspect our schedule will be much more difficult next year. Atlantis will be amazing. At G-town and at home with a Big 10 team. Throw in a surprise mid major and the ACC has to be better than this year. But we will be fun and I think we will go in to the tournament thinking that if we get to a sweet 16, we can beat anyone left. In the end, that is why we play the games to see who is right. I like the kids we still have and I really like the addition of Cole. Symir does nothing for me. But at least, there won't be a question about who should be playing.
Is there a chance Jimmy Jr starts at the 5 over Jesse or gets starter like minutes there?

Is there a chance Jimmy Jr starts at the 5 over Jesse or gets starter like minutes there?
God, I hope not. Jess is a center and has I think, a lot of potential. I think Jimmy will help us but I don't see that being a winning formula. a little time at both forwards and a little time at center. perfect for Jimmy. he can get 20 minutes a game that way and really help. Starting him at the 5, back to sweating on selection Sunday. I just don't see that it ends well.

God, I hope not. Jess is a center and has I think, a lot of potential. I think Jimmy will help us but I don't see that being a winning formula. a little time at both forwards and a little time at center. perfect for Jimmy. he can get 20 minutes a game that way and really help. Starting him at the 5, back to sweating on selection Sunday. I just don't see that it ends well.
Your scenario is exactly what I’d like to see. Jesse needs to come out of the gate running, lack of production and or early foul trouble I think could shift Jimmy into a role he may not be best suited for. All of this obviously dependent on Frank’s decision on staying and progression.

At least depth doesn’t seem to be an issue and roles should be defined early.

Yea? Let's compare Kaleb highschool mixtape (which was impressive and he ended up being a dud and everyone was pretty much wrong about) with 1 guy that has 3 years of college tape to watch and another that has 2 as well as a prep year or highschool. I get the point your trying to make but using Kaleb doesn't really work here.

Yea? Let's compare Kaleb highschool mixtape (which was impressive and he ended up being a dud and everyone was pretty much wrong about) with 1 guy that has 3 years of college tape to watch and another that has 2 as well as a prep year or highschool. I get the point your trying to make but using Kaleb doesn't really work here.
Here’s a college one. Point is these things show the best of the best of a player and if you’re not looking for the right things, useless.

Here’s a college one. Point is these things show the best of the best of a player and if you’re not looking for the right things, useless.

Lol...I know what a highlight is. My point still stands. A lot of the convo was putting the ball on the floor and both players we are talking about aren't the strongest at that. But there is video evidence of one doing it more then the other. Also, one of the guys we don't need to see the highlight reel because all of us cuse fans have watched him consistently for the past 2 years and know what his game is. But yes I understand these tapes don't show the ugly stuff.

Lol...I know what a highlight is. My point still stands. A lot of the convo was putting the ball on the floor and both players we are talking about aren't the strongest at that. But there is video evidence of one doing it more then the other. Also, one of the guys we don't need to see the highlight reel because all of us cuse fans have watched him consistently for the past 2 years and know what his game is. But yes I understand these tapes don't show the ugly stuff.

Cole Swider is no Caleb Joseph!

Cole Swider is no Caleb Joseph!
Hes also using one of the more extreme examples. Pretty much everyone thought Joseph was going to be a solid player. Almost everyone was wrong. I get the point hes trying to make but it just doesn't really fit this situation. And everything about Joseph was playing against highschool competition...we have quite a bit of video evidence of the 2 players we are discussing playing against high major D1 athletes.

So can all these guys from the transfer portal play immediately? Did they pass that rule?

sg really isn't much different than true sf on offense. Some sf's tend to operate from the sides more rather than up top. Not too much more to it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom