Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

So...per 2-4-7, we've lost Kadari Richmond (#88 coming out of high school), John Bol Ajak (#480) and Robert Braswell (Unrated) and gotten Symir Torrence, (#75), Cole Swider (#44) to go with Benny Williams, (#25)?

Sounds like a an upgrade to me.
U are mostly right but i just slightly disagree with one thing.
Obviously in regards to K. richmond his ranking should have been top 50 easy IMO. He's gonna be a star! Sometimes things dont workout but other than him, YES!! we made out lovely! also idk if were even done yet

Swider is considerably better than braswell. Not even close
Not saying he isn’t. But the difference is important. Swider is like Buddy. You can get enamored of the threes and lose sight of what he gives away on the other side.

Last edited:
I really hope you are right and we add some more pieces or keep Woody (I know it won’t happen) cause right now with this team and JBJ, I just don’t see us being more then a bubble team again.
I think we have two stars. We certainly didn't have that 15 games ago. I am a big fan of what I think Jess will give us. More size in the front court. I wish, like it seems everyone else, that Kadary was still here. If he was, I think the board would have us, after Buddy's emergence, Benny's addition and now Cole, people here would have us in the final four. Well, I still like our team a lot. I suspect our schedule will be much more difficult next year. Atlantis will be amazing. At G-town and at home with a Big 10 team. Throw in a surprise mid major and the ACC has to be better than this year. But we will be fun and I think we will go in to the tournament thinking that if we get to a sweet 16, we can beat anyone left. In the end, that is why we play the games to see who is right. I like the kids we still have and I really like the addition of Cole. Symir does nothing for me. But at least, there won't be a question about who should be playing.

Last edited:
Not saying he isn’t. But the difference is important. Swider is like Buddy. You can get enamored of the threes and lose sight of what he gives away on the other side.

eh, swider will be good enough on our wing, not a good comparison at all really

he hasn't given up anything yet. Just a thought, let's see what he looks like in our zone before we think he is bad at it.

he hasn't given up anything yet. Just a thought, let's see what he looks like in our zone before we think he is bad at it.
Yeah, let’s all stop talking about everything until all next year’s games have been completed.

Didnt you just type “I think we have two stars?” Christ, man. A little self-awareness might serve you well. Just a thought.

Yeah, let’s all stop talking about everything until all next year’s games have been completed.

Didnt you just type “I think we have two stars?” Christ, man. A little self-awareness might serve you well.
Not exactly what I said but if you want to stop talking, okay by me. I would just wait until a guy that none of us have seen in our zone, be a drag on our defense and proclaim he will be bad in our zone. How you can know that right now??? I don't see how.

Not exactly what I said but if you want to stop talking, okay by me. I would just wait until a guy that none of us have seen by a drag on our defense and proclaim he will be bad in our zone. How you can know that right now??? I don't see how.
Most of this and all other forum conversation at this point of the season is about expectations. You, yourself, just proclaimed we have two stars. That’s not a prognostication? Who were you referring to?

Your post #229 is 80% guesses about what’s going to happen next year. Besides that, you’re the one who said “drag on the zone.” Maybe you want to quote which words i actually used that got your panties all bunched up? Something that implied that Braswell might be better in the zone than Swider? Thats upsetting to you? Seriously?

maybe the people that were talking about walking away from the recruit will do the same.

I was frustrated at the pace of his decision. We needed to fill roster spots quick.

I think we have two stars. We certainly didn't have that 15 games ago. I am a big fan of what I think Jess will give us. More size in the front court. I wish, like it seems everyone else, that Kadary was still here. If he was, I think the board would have us, after Buddy's emergence, Benny's addition and now Cole, people here would have us in the final four. Well, I still like our team a lot. I suspect our schedule will be much more difficult next year. Atlantis will be amazing. At G-town and at home with a Big 10 team. Throw in a surprise mid major and the ACC has to be better than this year. But we will be fun and I think we will go in to the tournament thinking that if we get to a sweet 16, we can beat anyone left. In the end, that is why we play the games to see who is right. I like the kids we still have and I really like the addition of Cole. Symir does nothing for me. But at least, there won't be a question about who should be playing.

Really hoping that Symir ends up turning heads out of nowhere like Woody did. It seems he is driven to improve and is a hard worker. I mentioned in other threads but my hope for Symir is to be another Jardine.

Glad to add a shooter with some size. Hopefully he can man the 5 if desperate, though I doubt it. A rotation with Benny, Swider and JBJ should be able to get buckets but I worry about the D and rebounding. Could really use another body if Woody departs.

Hope we can get some athleticism soon! Happy we got some good news here.
Ok Mr downer.
Such a anticlimactic dirty portal commitment...and here I thought we were in for a whirlwind offseason!
ok Downer Plus!

If we add a legit starting PG in the portal with our front court now with Swider and Buddy we could be in the Final Four and top 4 seed is in play.
? You missed something or vastly under estimate two things.!

Personally I think he starts at the 3 and Benny at the 4. It doesn’t really matter on defense. On offense Swider is the better outside shooter and Benny the better inside player. But we know our 4 will get shots too in the motion. Jimmy backs them both up.

So...

You'd start a 6-8 210 pound guy at the 3, who's played multiple years of college basketball already.

And play the top wing prospect we've recruited in 20 years at the 4?

I like Joe, but he has got to be able to penetrate and dish. But, he is not a threat to score at the basket. So, even if he gets past his man, he won’t be getting a big reaction from the opposing defenses.
That’s not his game. Could he get better? I sure the hell hope so.

Listen, I’m always happy anyone wants to come and play for Syracuse but I honestly dislike this pickup. Please hear me out before the JB homers go cray.

1. I watched a lot of nova the past few years. He is such a defensive liability, it’s kind of scary. Now I know the zone can mask some but you have to be able to block if you are a forward especially weak side blocking. Him paired with the guys at the top. They are going to get craved up. He had what? 3 blocks all year. That is HORRIBLE

2. This pretty means Q isnt gonna come back here to Syracuse( barring Jimmy Jr is coming here) It’s professional or transfer. I would take Q over Cole anyday of the week because he posses athleticism that we desperately need.

3. He cant put the ball on the floor...like at all. He’s a great shooter but we have them already. What we dont have is someone who can put the ball on the floor. If this was a freshman or even a sophmore, I would have a little bit more hope but he’s gonna be entering his 4th year. It’s kind of “you are what you are”.

4. If the starting line up is really Jg, Buddy, Jimmy Jr and Cole...LOL, they will get murdered in the ACC

Anyways, lets see what happens
I guess you are what you are as a poster too!
everyone can get better! And I love the positives with this guy ... but ok life sucks are you, I get it some folks can’t look on the good side of anything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom