Cole Swider | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider

You guys are way overthinking this.

Swider is a fringe NBA player that has a really solid skill. He may yet end up on a roster/with a contract, but teams may or may not be in a rush to finish out their rosters/G-league teams with fringe guys.

Since he’s not under contract with the heat Cole did not start tonight. But he did play 20 mins and went 4-5 from 3 and 3-3 from the foul line for 15 points.
Imagine dropping a guy and he pops that out the next day. That's a double middle finger if I ever saw one. That said, he could play defense like Helen Kellar and would be a plus with that line.

Can a team just take away a two-way offer and release you if they decide later they prefer another player?

Knicks have Brunson, Deuce, Donte, Hart, OG, Randle, Bridges.
Drafted Kolek.

I really don't see a spot for Cole in their rotation at all unless there's an injury or 3.

I think a spot for him would be the Spurs. They have lots of guys who play D, but no great shooters around Wemby. Good team to for him to get on the ground level.

Knicks have Brunson, Deuce, Donte, Hart, OG, Randle, Bridges.
Drafted Kolek.

I really don't see a spot for Cole in their rotation at all unless there's an injury or 3.

I think a spot for him would be the Spurs. They have lots of guys who play D, but no great shooters around Wemby. Good team to for him to get on the ground level.
The Knicks 3pt aces are mostly guards (so is Kolec). Anunoby (+/-$40M) and Bridges (+/- $23M) can shoot but they're starter-level guys. Ttheir big guard/SF rotation shooters (Bogo and Burks) are gone. Seems like there's an opportunity for a 6-8 sniper, especially a low-cost player since the Knicks are capped out.

Last edited:
Cole had his first bad shooting game. Played 15 mins but was 1-6 from 3. Had 4 rebs.

Cole played 19 mins today and scored 9 pts. Was 3-5 from 3 with 3 rebs, 1 ast and 1 blk. Missed out on 5 mins at the end as he got hit in the head which caused a cut that was bleeding. Went to the lockeroom and never came back. The guy he had been rotating with twisted his ankle in the 3rd and Cole was playing the rest of the way.

Heat won today in the Vegas semi finals and now play tomorrow for the championship. Cole started but didn’t do himself any favors only scoring 3 points without a basket, going 0-5 from 3.