Cole Swider | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider

Miami won the Vegas championship in OT. Cole played 23 mins scoring 19 pts. Shot 5/8 from 3.
Unless his defense is horrendous, I don’t see how he doesn’t get picked up. He won’t be playing against starters.

Ha. Cole got a championship ring. Post game interview with a player who gave Cole a lot of credit for the big 3 that helped send it to OT. Said Cole is always tough on himself. Hope he sticks someplace.

“The team has 14 players on standard contracts and don’t plan to add a 15th player until later in the regular season due to luxury tax concerns. They also have all three two-way slots filled. Those two-way spots could change — they don’t count against the cap — in the aftermath of Summer League performances. Josh Christopher, Caleb Daniels, Cole Swider and Alondes Williams — all of whom are free agents at the moment — made compelling cases to receive a two-way deal or at least a training camp invite, according to Chiang.”

“The team has 14 players on standard contracts and don’t plan to add a 15th player until later in the regular season due to luxury tax concerns. They also have all three two-way slots filled. Those two-way spots could change — they don’t count against the cap — in the aftermath of Summer League performances. Josh Christopher, Caleb Daniels, Cole Swider and Alondes Williams — all of whom are free agents at the moment — made compelling cases to receive a two-way deal or at least a training camp invite, according to Chiang.”
I don’t follow this stuff closely at all but who got Swider’s two way that was taken from him?

I don’t follow this stuff closely at all but who got Swider’s two way that was taken from him?
I believe Keshad Johnson, former San Diego State & Arizona SF took his spot. He was undrafted this past draft. Good player, was surprised he wasn't picked.

Tough grind in these spots.

Makes you crazy when you see fans encouraging Donnie to dump us next year and join the G League periphery vs bank 4 years of NIL and improve his game with us.

We need Donnie to do awesome and be a lottery pick so we can keep getting more Donnies.
Early departures suck and the NBA is moving towards guys that are ready to play there are no more roster spots for 19 year old projects. And if they take a young kid early it will be a Euro look at all the garbage players that will never do anything that got picked early this last draft.

Edey went from undrafted to top 10 because NBA organizations are waking up. Unless he's Carmelo Anthony he shouldn't be leaving early. The G League is awful they play in HS gyms for peanuts and doing well in the G League doesn't matter or register with NBA teams.

Rich Paul cost Justin Edwards probably 5 million encouraging him to leave early he was the #1 prospect last year and went undrafted. Somehow our fans are encouraging Donnie to take that path? Donnie has a pretty similar game to him and he's like 10th=15th ranked prospect not 1. Why would any Syracuse fan want him to leave early?

the NBA is moving towards guys that are ready to play there are no more roster spots for 19 year old projects.
The first 17 picks in 2023 were Soph or under.

2/3rd of the 2024 1st rd were Soph or under.

Going to need to show your work if you make a claim like this.

2024- 9 upperclassman
2023- 8 upperclassman
2022- 6 upperclassman
2021- 5 upperclassman
2020- 4 upperclassman
2019- 7 upperclassman

Those are all the years post Covid-era and the last year before Covid. So I guess technically there’s been more but it’s minimal and I don’t think it’s an actual corresponding thing, more just some years have better upperclassman than others coupled with all the weird Covid . the project thing I dont think that’s an underclassman vs upperclassman type thing it’s player vs player, it could be two freshman that one has a polished game already and one is a huge project. teams are gonna lean towards the polished prospect in most cases but that’s always been the case.

So yeah I agree with you I was interested in the numbers so I did the research myself hahah

Liam Neeson says, good luck.

If Donnie is a Melo caliber freshman, then great. But, if he's a Chris McCullough or Dante Green caliber freshman, then he'd better wait.
If he cuts down the nets at the final four he has every reason to go.

If Donnie is a Melo caliber freshman, then great. But, if he's a Chris McCullough or Dante Green caliber freshman, then he'd better wait.
If he cuts down the nets at the final four he has every reason to go.
If he is a Melo, DC, or Billy as a freshman he goes.
You go on potential and DC and Billy were before the one and done.