Coleman | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coleman

I think limited is fair though. You're right there are ways to compensate for that; but all the things that you point out that Coleman can learn can also be learned by someone who has the ability to play above the rim. The reverse is not true.

(Calling him limited may sound worse than it's meant though; Jared Sullinger was limited in the same way and he was only an All-American).

Words mean things, Knicks. Too often on this forum, people substitute pro potential as an equivalent proxy for college productivity. At the collegiate level, Sean May wasn't "limited." Neither was Sullinger or Dejuan Blair. They were tremendously productive low post scorers who used their girth to dramatic effect in the low post, as both scorers and rebounders. And no matter how anyone chooses to split hairs, those players clearly weren't "limited" in terms of their impact.

Coleman has the tools to be a similar player, if he starts to utilize his body more effectively.

good post - thats what concerns me a lot.. earlier this year- use of the pass and turnover creation on d was making up for that- now those two things have dissapeared .. or they arent being utilized efficiently when available- even then it still puts this years team several steps behind last years vs having advantages in inside scoring.

??? We are averaging 11 steals, and 8 blks a game, compared to 9 and 7 last year. This years numbers are favorably, someone at espn just hasn't picked that up yet. Usually 1 "important" person says something, then everyone else follows like blind mice. Rak barely plays and is 3rd in the nations in blks, and MCW is top 5 i believe in steals. we are generating plenty of opportunities, we just don't have nearly the offensive weapons as last year.

while agree with dc2 that he needs some work, i think he will be fine next season. he can't get away with dropping his left shoulder every time, and going to the right with the shot from his waist. once he gets the reps, and learns how to use his body at this level he will be ok, because of the work he does on the glass. tonight wasn't a good game to gauge his improvement, because there tallest guy was 6'5. that was hs all over again, and we all saw how he dominated that. rutgers will be a better team to judge any improvements.

and as far as post men, i still say give rak some touches and he can steal you some baskets. he has a pretty smooth drop step to either side. just my opinion though

The thing that bothers me about DC2, which I'm sure he will improve on, is not getting blocked so damn much. He always goes up with his right, no matter where he is. With his width, SOMEONE needs to teach him a jump hook, stat. Please, please, PLEASE teach him a jump hook. He's so broad that shot blockers won't be able to get to the release point nearly as much.

And give him a left while he's at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom