Colgate 9-0 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate 9-0

They are #6 on the coaches poll and they've been steadily two spots behind that on the actual national poll. Either way they should host a game I believe. They should have a bye week though because they should be in at #8

I do think coach Hunt will rest his guys this week so it likely won't be close. Beating army would almost certainly give them #5 or 6 seed but is it worth it to jump 2 or 3 spots?
I think he's going to go with the big picture.
If there's anyone that can shock the world this year in the FCS it's certainly gate.
That's an interesting angle you bring up. How far up the rankings would Colgate go if they beat Army? If they beat Army, it would be a "real" win as Army isn't going to rest guys or take it easy on Colgate. It would be the best win any FCS team has on the season, I think it would propel them into the top 3 or 4.

That's an interesting angle you bring up. How far up the rankings would Colgate go if they beat Army? If they beat Army, it would be a "real" win as Army isn't going to rest guys or take it easy on Colgate. It would be the best win any FCS team has on the season, I think it would propel them into the top 3 or 4.

My first thought was #3. I don't see the committee doing anything above 5 or 6 in that case. But again is it worth it. They will most certainly have #8 and a bye. I think they will get to play NDSU but I'd rather see it in the final than in round two.
Long road ahead though.

Will they host a first round playoff game?
I think - not positive - but I think their record has nothing to do with hosting. The school has to pony up and eat some expenses to host, and that has not always been a priority. that said I think they host one game.

Just looked they are #6/8 right now. Coaches poll and national poll.
It looks worth it for them to go all in. It would also give them huge momentum and confidence going into the playoffs, and they have a bye in any event.

gate has gone all in on football recently. They even offered to charter Furman up here to play instead of canceling. Furman declined.
If they CAN host they will.

5 shutouts, 2 Fgs away from 7

Army is having a great yr. almost beat Ok and beat UB.. but also struggled vs Hawaii, MOH, Air force.

Colgate can win this.

Colgate beat Laf 45-0
Army beat Laf 31-13.

Colgate-Syracuse may be a rivalry that’s almost entirely buried by the sands of time, but I still don’t like seeing them win.

No hoodoo, and go Army!

They will play again in '21 I believe

Probably JMU then NDST. That'is a tough draw, that D is going to stiffen up.

In the middle of CAA country and a faculty member at JMU, most people down here think Colgate's rating is inflated and that JMU should win this. They view the Patriot League as a very low tier league, not comparable to the CAA. I'm glad the 'Gate will get to prove it on the field. When Colgate played down here a few years ago and won, people were SHOCKED.

Doesn't help that JMU's coach is probably gone to UNC-Charlotte after this season. I think 'Gate can pull this one off, but NDSU is almost a guaranteed loss.

In the middle of CAA country and a faculty member at JMU, most people down here think Colgate's rating is inflated and that JMU should win this. They view the Patriot League as a very low tier league, not comparable to the CAA. I'm glad the 'Gate will get to prove it on the field. When Colgate played down here a few years ago and won, people were SHOCKED.

Doesn't help that JMU's coach is probably gone to UNC-Charlotte after this season. I think 'Gate can pull this one off, but NDSU is almost a guaranteed loss.

FCS football is better than the big money, shady refereed fixes outcome P5. Mega=congratulations to Colgate for knocking off one of the FCS superpowers. Get a good game plan and play focused ball and go get some Bison.

FCS football is better than the big money, shady refereed fixes outcome P5. Mega=congratulations to Colgate for knocking off one of the FCS superpowers. Get a good game plan and play focused ball and go get some Bison.
I asked before and you ignored me. If there are fixes in on a regular basis, how come no one has ever been caught? Even Nixon got caught.

You can say FCS is purer, or whatever. I'd disagree, but at least it wouldn't sound like tinfoil hat material.

Saying the fix is in is silly.

I asked before and you ignored me. If there are fixes in on a regular basis, how come no one has ever been caught? Even Nixon got caught.

You can say FCS is purer, or whatever. I'd disagree, but at least it wouldn't sound like tinfoil hat material.

Saying the fix is in is silly.
Was the fix in when all these big basketball schools were buying players, and nobody is going to do anything about it anyways. when we got fouled out of the NCAA tournament against OSU a couple of years ago, you thought they weren't instructed to do that?

Was the fix in when all these big basketball schools were buying players, and nobody is going to do anything about it anyways. when we got fouled out of the NCAA tournament against OSU a couple of years ago, you thought they weren't instructed to do that?
VelvetyAgileHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

The only proof that would be acceptable to you is if that if someone became a referee and had tapes like that guy from project veritas. And you would still ignore it.

The only proof that would be acceptable to you is if that if someone became a referee and had tapes like that guy from project veritas. And you would still ignore it.
You are wrong. I would not ignore it. And I would call for the whole thing to be blown up and people to be in jail. As would everyone else here. Silly statement.

But since people like nothing more than to share secrets (again, see Watergate), and NOTHING has ever come out, I will side with reasonable people and assume it is a baseless conspiracy theory. Because without proof (and I mean proof, not feelings, not assumptions, not "it looks like...", etc.), it is just that. A baseless conspiracy theory.

You're better than this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom