College Football Begins | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Begins

I should also add that having similar school colors makes things even easier...

The fact that the adopted Gator family is part of the Bull Gator Club doesn’t hurt either. ;)
They're another one in the UVa chain. About when they started football, a man who owned a store near their campus was visiting Charlottesville and saw UVa banners, etc., in a store. He asked the owner where he got them and the owner gave the Floridian the address of his supplier. After returning to Gainesville, the Floridian placed an order for the stuff with "Florida" on it instead of "Virginia". Here, the story has a fork in its road. One version is that when the supplier asked him what colors to put the stuff in, the Floridian responded that he like how it looked in blue and orange, so send the shipment in those colors. The other version was that he didn't specify colors, so the supplier had everything done up in the blue and orange of UVa. Personally, I think version 1 makes more sense. They used to wear a darker blue and changed to the lighter one they wear now right about when they adopted that snarling Gator head logo.

Good job Miami you bums

Good job Miami you bums
Since they already have the Turnover Chain and the TD Rings, the next award they'll institute, per one of our posters, is the Blocking Bracelet. If anyone on the OL actually blocks someone on any play of the series, they get to wear the bracelet when they come off the field.

Last edited:
An undisciplined, subpar Miami played as poor as possible, and yet big bad SEC top ten Florida should have lost last night.

If Florida is third best in SEC, then the SEC is overrated.

The SEC has quality depth, as in a lot of 8 win teams.

So don't other conferences.

The SEC generally do not play OOC at true road games, and usually play a pathetic OOC schedule

them

I didn't bet the game, but the UNDER 46 was a semi-miracle.