College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

Yep, just cut two players this morning. I didn't check my recruiting money before hand to see if it made a difference but I assume it did, since I have about 3,250 per scholarship to work with, and I assume that's about right? It's certainly more, on average, than I had last season.

EDIT: I just cut one more guy...and didn't receive any more recruiting money. Or does it kick in tomorrow when recruiting actually starts?

Either way, I have 5 scholarships to fill and 5 seniors and 2 sophomores on my team. I've already targeted 5 guys as my high priority recruits, hopefully at least some of them will be "undecided" when recruiting opens up.

I'm pretty sure there is a cap on how many guys you can cut, and get money for

How good are you at pulling down recruits? Are you going to try for any D1 guys?
It's really hard to "pull down" recruits from the D-1 level. It costs a lot of money to actually pull them down and it may be all for nothing and a D1 jumps in late screwing you. Generally I'll make calls to several D1 recruits during the first cycle and they usually will tell you if you're a backup option. Then I wait and see.

To be honest though, I find several D2 level recruits are better or on par with some of the D-1's that will drop down... In those cases, I just target the D2 guy out of the gate... Hope that answered what you're looking for.

It's really hard to "pull down" recruits from the D-1 level. It costs a lot of money to actually pull them down and it may be all for nothing and a D1 jumps in late screwing you. Generally I'll make calls to several D1 recruits during the first cycle and they usually will tell you if you're a backup option. Then I wait and see.

To be honest though, I find several D2 level recruits are better or on par with some of the D-1's that will drop down... In those cases, I just target the D2 guy out of the gate... Hope that answered what you're looking for.

That's what I was looking for, bud! Thanks!

CuseTroop said:
That's what I was looking for, bud! Thanks!

No problem. To expand, i generally only send one HC phone call because it's cheap. If they tell you that you're a backup option, then you just wait until they contact you back. As long as no D1 schools go after them, they at some point will reach back out to you. It could be just before the initial signing period, or after that. Patience is much more the game with recruiting for basketball than it is for football.

None of the 5 guys I'm targeting are considering any schools. Let's do this thing.
I'm in the same boat.. hopefully that means good thing for all of us.

Also, not that you guys care about the football anymore, but I've created a monster at Ithaca.. Sitting as the #1 team in a year that should have been a really down year considering I have 20 freshman on my squad at 5-0 and with the #7 SOS. Not just that, but several others in our league are crushing as well.

Also, not that you guys care about the football anymore, but I've created a monster at Ithaca.. Sitting as the #1 team in a year that should have been a really down year considering I have 20 freshman on my squad at 5-0 and with the #7 SOS. Not just that, but several others in our league are crushing as well.

Hell yea brotha! Hopefully I can get back over on that side in the next few months

Hell yea brotha! Hopefully I can get back over on that side in the next few months
Take your time. ;) I have no interest in leaving Ithaca. I'm hoping that I both make the playoffs again this season and advance past the second round finally. There are definitely some tough teams this season though. I'm betting Finwad32 will win the division. Poor keith got bombarded when we all joined the league and I've stolen the last two conference championships from him. I think we made the game a lot more fun for him though.

Well, I seem to have two of my targets pretty much locked up at this point. I'm working on a couple of transfers, but am starting to lock onto a couple other guys as backup plans. My top target is still undecided, so I'm running the full court press at him.

I've got two centers locked up, a transfer with 1 year left, from Georgetown, and a transfer with 3 years left. That was a position that I really needed someone fast. Graduated my only center, and had nobody on the bench. Have a SG and a PF that I'm working on now, still need to find my 5th recruit

I still only have my two guys locked up, and I'm battling for the guy who is my top target. Still heavily pursuing two other guys but man, if my top guy falls through I'm screwed for my 5th scholie.

WOO...four of my guys are pretty much locked up at this point. Now I just need to sway my 5th guy (and top recruit) since it's back and forth between me and another school. If I land him, I'm going to be a big fan of this recruiting class.

Have 2/3 guys locked. Still working on #3. Great work guys..

jekelish - Hinkley looks like a really good PG recruit, so I hope you land him. Mattson looks like a quality SG.
CuseTroop - Linton and Reed looking like quality adds.

Yeah, Hinkley has been my #1 target since my first search. I'll take it as a positive sign that as of two cycles ago he wasn't listing me, but now I'm right there for him. He's going to get the bulk of my remaining money since the other guys are more or less wrapped up.

Have 2/3 guys locked. Still working on #3. Great work guys..

jekelish - Hinkley looks like a really good PG recruit, so I hope you land him. Mattson looks like a quality SG.
CuseTroop - Linton and Reed looking like quality adds.

Yea, I needed help at C immediately, so I'm glad those two transfers were there. Start Reed this year, let Linton get some minutes. Avina seems to have a lot of room to grow.

How hard has in been to recruit in texas?

DAMNIT! Someone else just entered the fray for Hinkley. So now it's a three team race for his services. Including this next cycle, I'll have spent more than $4k of my $13k budget on this one dude.

Yea, I needed help at C immediately, so I'm glad those two transfers were there. Start Reed this year, let Linton get some minutes. Avina seems to have a lot of room to grow.

How hard has in been to recruit in texas?
It's tough because of all the D1 schools poaching high level D2 guys... The other tough part is that I have to go more than 500 miles to get an out of state player, lol.

Driving me nuts, dudes, Hinkley is dragging this crap out and I'm almost out of money. I've thrown about $5k at him now and I'm still having to battle, and my backup plan is still undecided even though I've continued recruiting him, too. Come on, Hinkley! Just do it!

Freaking Minnesota is trying to steal Reed, my star center from me... lil fockers, lets dance

Ok, so I took a slightly different approach this recruiting season... Started with $18K needing 3 players because I had money left over from last season. After scouting service, start with $16K. I'm sitting at $13K right now with 2 guys ready to sign. 1 of which I will definitely take because I have no PGs, so if I have to battle for him, I will. I love the Center prospect too.

I'm basically slow playing towards landing some big time recruits. Could bite me in the ass, could serve me well, but now you guys are along for the ride with me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom