College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

I'm pretty pumped with my 12-1 home record!
Your team has had a great season. It looks like if I win tomorrow, you win your side of the division. That should give you a bye in teh first round of the conference tourney.

Woohoo! My team beat the spread against Orangepace! He was favored by 34 and I only lost by 23!

Suck on that, hombre!
I'll get you back... just you wait!

You should really take a look at cutting a few JRs if nobody transfers... You max out on money for 6 players per year, so you'd be recruiting for 8 guys with money only for 6 after next season.. Start the rebuild faster. Pull the Calhoun! DO IT!

I'll get you back... just you wait!

You should really take a look at cutting a few JRs if nobody transfers... You max out on money for 6 players per year, so you'd be recruiting for 8 guys with money only for 6 after next season.. Start the rebuild faster. Pull the Calhoun! DO IT!
Yeah, I want to cut at least two of them but I'm wondering if I'll still get any additional recruiting money? Last time it didn't work, but that may be due to the fact I was a little late getting started.

jekelish said:
Yeah, I want to cut at least two of them but I'm wondering if I'll still get any additional recruiting money? Last time it didn't work, but that may be due to the fact I was a little late getting started.
if you rescind at the end of the season but before rollover to the next season, you will get the money. I will try to remind you when to do it.

Alright, pulled off the first round upset and now I get that guy named Jerky McJerkerson, aka CuseTroop in the next round. I smell an upset brewing!

Or a complete annihilation, one or the other.

Well, made it to the NT, booted out in the 1st round. Losing 5 seniors after this season, so hopefully I can reload nicely

Well, made it to the NT, booted out in the 1st round. Losing 5 seniors after this season, so hopefully I can reload nicely
Great season and good luck on the recruiting trail.

Lost my bid for a perfect regular season again! Damn it! Oh well... Hopefully today I reach my first Final 4!

OP, hell of a run. Time to buckle down, and get to some recruiting!
Thanks bud. The guy I lost to is in the final, so I was really close. Think I overthought the game a bit and ended up screwing it up for myself, but oh well. Fun run. Now we continue the build.

So I'm trying to renew, and the site is apparently down (the renewal portion)...tomorrow is the deadline, right? It's gonna suck if I can't renew because their site isn't working.

So I'm trying to renew, and the site is apparently down (the renewal portion)...tomorrow is the deadline, right? It's gonna suck if I can't renew because their site isn't working.

I managed to do it yesterday just fine. Keep trying, would hate to lose ya

jekelish said:
its working now. Just checked

jekelish said:
Hey, it finally worked! So, how do I cut dudes?

I think after new coach period ends, you will have a day or two before recruiting starts.. Next to where it says "signed by" it will say "rescind scholarship"

jekelish - Today is the day to rescind scholarships and receive recruiting money for those schollies. If you do it after today, you don't get extra recruiting money.

jekelish - Today is the day to rescind scholarships and receive recruiting money for those schollies. If you do it after today, you don't get extra recruiting money.
Yep, just cut two players this morning. I didn't check my recruiting money before hand to see if it made a difference but I assume it did, since I have about 3,250 per scholarship to work with, and I assume that's about right? It's certainly more, on average, than I had last season.

EDIT: I just cut one more guy...and didn't receive any more recruiting money. Or does it kick in tomorrow when recruiting actually starts?

Either way, I have 5 scholarships to fill and 5 seniors and 2 sophomores on my team. I've already targeted 5 guys as my high priority recruits, hopefully at least some of them will be "undecided" when recruiting opens up.

Last edited:
Yep, just cut two players this morning. I didn't check my recruiting money before hand to see if it made a difference but I assume it did, since I have about 3,250 per scholarship to work with, and I assume that's about right? It's certainly more, on average, than I had last season.

EDIT: I just cut one more guy...and didn't receive any more recruiting money. Or does it kick in tomorrow when recruiting actually starts?

Either way, I have 5 scholarships to fill and 5 seniors and 2 sophomores on my team. I've already targeted 5 guys as my high priority recruits, hopefully at least some of them will be "undecided" when recruiting opens up.
Not sure exactly... You'll have to let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom