College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

I love when I have a transfer contact me right before the recruiting season is about to begin who is 41 points higher than the person I have pegged to start this season and in the same class. Good times!

I love when I have a transfer contact me right before the recruiting season is about to begin who is 41 points higher than the person I have pegged to start this season and in the same class. Good times!
What!!! I haven't seen any of that stuff. You must have hot lotto.

What!!! I haven't seen any of that stuff. You must have hot lotto.

I was surprised. I had some players contact me toward the end of the recruiting period last year, but this was unexpected, especially after I saw the dude's rating. He's suddenly at the top of my wish list for that particular position.

yea, wow. I havent seen that before either. son of a.

Have you guys had any issues with redshirting people?

I just put a redshirt on a kid who is a rising sophomore because I realized I can't have more than 6 people in one class, which means I can't pursue the transfer I want since he'd be in the same class and be the 7th member. Plus, the guy I'm redshirting is one of four PFs in that class, so it's not like I really need him anyway, and spacing things out seems like a good idea.

Have you guys had any issues with redshirting people?

I just put a redshirt on a kid who is a rising sophomore because I realized I can't have more than 6 people in one class, which means I can't pursue the transfer I want since he'd be in the same class and be the 7th member. Plus, the guy I'm redshirting is one of four PFs in that class, so it's not like I really need him anyway, and spacing things out seems like a good idea.

I've only redshirted one player. I saw his WE take about a 8 point hit. This is his first season back, no clue if his WE will go back up

Okay, so apparently I actually needed to cut him to pursue this other player. So that's what I did. If anyone is interested, there's a 6-6 power forward with a 459 rating and three years of eligibility named Roger King now on the market.

Okay, so apparently I actually needed to cut him to pursue this other player. So that's what I did. If anyone is interested, there's a 6-6 power forward with a 459 rating and three years of eligibility named Roger King now on the market.

I might give him a look, I'm gonna be mad young this season, he might help out a little bit.

He isnt on the list yet, might take a bit

I might give him a look, I'm gonna be mad young this season, he might help out a little bit.

He isnt on the list yet, might take a bit

Yeah, I just released him from his scholarship like 20 minutes ago. Might take a couple cycles for him to show up.

I have more need for depth at other positions than at PF.

Yeah, I just released him from his scholarship like 20 minutes ago. Might take a couple cycles for him to show up.

I have more need for depth at other positions than at PF.

I have some recruiting to do. 5 of my 6 players are seniors. I need some studs this year

Last go around I'm almost positive it was every 3 hours, but I guess I could be wrong...

could be, I totally guessed with my last answer, lol. I hope its 3 hours, I hate the first 24 hour waiting period

I've got three guys pretty much locked up, including a SF I really need. I'm zeroing in on a PG. Only issue I'm having is getting in with a SG, which I need because my only SG is a senior.

I should have my two targets locked up...

Haven't told him yet...but the PF I am going after is gonna be redshirted.

After this latest round of recruiting, I'm juuuuust about set. I've got four guys who are now only considering me (two SF, a C, a SG) and a PG who is considering me and one other school, but I'm his top choice. Lowest rated is 426, highest rated is 464. The 464 will come in and start from day one (which I've already promised to him).

Good times! Now I just need the freaking signing period to start so I can lock these five up.

After this latest round of recruiting, I'm juuuuust about set. I've got four guys who are now only considering me (two SF, a C, a SG) and a PG who is considering me and one other school, but I'm his top choice. Lowest rated is 426, highest rated is 464. The 464 will come in and start from day one (which I've already promised to him).

Good times! Now I just need the freaking signing period to start so I can lock these five up.

I'm taking a chance on a 398 SG... Solid numbers, and a 63 work ethic. Takes a hit in rebounding, shot blocking, and low post. Ball handling and perimeter will go up. I think it will turn out to be a good move.

Other then that, I'm pretty happy with what I have. I still need to track down a few more, and get this 482 junior transfer SF to swing my way. He will start next year.

The only one I don't have totally locked up at this point is my 426 PG prospect. I only have one PG on my roster but I've got another SG, 414 JUCO transfer, that I know I could snatch up in a heartbeat if I need to and I could just roll with it a la our Ennis situation.

The guys I have locked up are pretty much all in the 440's, with the one 464 JUCO transfer who will start for me this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom