College lacrosse: Ivy semis provide Friday surprises (updated bracket projection) (PS) | Syracusefan.com

College lacrosse: Ivy semis provide Friday surprises (updated bracket projection) (PS)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
PROJECTED BRACKET
The Friday night shuffle in the Ivy League actually helps out the selection committee's work, at least momentarily. Any scenario that gets Princeton into the field improves the chances of finding road teams to send to Duke, North Carolina and Virginia without burning off one of the two flights permitted in the first round.

Princeton can't get to the Research Triangle inside the 400-mile radius, but it can get to Virginia. That leaves only the teams shipped to Denver and Notre Dame taking flights.

The team squeezed out by Princeton's arrival is Brown, but there's a case for the Bears over Georgetown. The final equation for the committee looks like it will be three spots for Brown, Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, Ohio State and Princeton, with the potential for an Albany loss on Saturday lurking as a surprise variable.

Denver quarterfinal

(1) Notre Dame vs. COLONIAL/Towson-SOUTHERN/Richmond
(8) Cornell vs. AMERICA EAST/Albany

Denver quarterfinal

(4) BIG EAST/Denver vs. PATRIOT/Colgate
(5) Duke vs. BIG TEN/Johns Hopkins

Annapolis quarterfinal

(3) North Carolina vs. Georgetown
(6) Virginia vs. IVY/Princeton

Annapolis quarterfinal

(2) ATLANTIC COAST/Syracuse vs. METRO ATLANTIC/Marist-NORTHEAST/Saint Joseph's
(7) Maryland vs. Yale

Just on the inside: Cornell, Yale, Georgetown
Just on the outside: Brown, Ohio State, Marquette

Moving in: Princeton
Moving out: Brown

http://www.syracuse.com/patrick-ste...lege_lacrosse_ivy_semis_pro.html#incart_river

How does Stevens figure ND is above SU right now?
They beat us by 1 in 2 OT at their place, we both beat all the other ACC teams and SU beat Duke x2. That should make the conference schedules equal since ND won the regular season and SU won the conference tournament.
Non-conference
SU beat Siena, Cornell, Albany, Army, St.John's, Hopkins, and Hobart.
ND beat Gtown, Michigan, Ohio State, Dartmouth, and lost to Denver.
SU has Patriot league champ Colgate left, and ND has Army who SU already beat.
I mean these resumes aren't even close IMO.

How is Maryland still seeded as well? Not Stevens finest work IMO.

How does Stevens figure ND is above SU right now?
They beat us by 1 in 2 OT at their place, we both beat all the other ACC teams and SU beat Duke x2. That should make the conference schedules equal since ND won the regular season and SU won the conference tournament.
Non-conference
SU beat Siena, Cornell, Albany, Army, St.John's, Hopkins, and Hobart.
ND beat Gtown, Michigan, Ohio State, Dartmouth, and lost to Denver.
SU has Patriot league champ Colgate left, and ND has Army who SU already beat.
I mean these resumes aren't even close IMO.

How is Maryland still seeded as well? Not Stevens finest work IMO.
Maryland is still seeded because there is no one else to seed. Someone has to be the 7th and 8th seeds...

As of 9 AM this morning...
Notre Dame still has the #1 RPI
Syracuse is #2
Maryland is #7

I guess I can see Maryland by default.
ND played more road games that has to be difference in the RPI and ND has played two fewer games.
If you look at the resumes I can't see how ND is higher without SU losing to Colgate.

Albany should get 7 or 8 seed now. They were 10th in the NCAA rankings released 2 weeks ago. Yale and Cornell have lost games since then and were 8th and 9th. Albany should get a home game now and will likely host one of the Ivy teams/Colgate/Maryland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom