College Student Football League | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

College Student Football League

WTH, Navy and no Army or Air Force, lazy effort
I bet the thinking behind it was to keep Navy paired with Notre Dame. Any scenario where they don't play them yearly is a no go. You could put army in place of Cincinnati, but there really isn't logical room for airforce.

Folks, divisions of 6 mean you play 5 games and then have SEVEN other games to maintain rivalries, play cross-sectional games, etc.

It’s a great idea. Schools don’t need to be playing 8 or 9 conference games. It’s overkill. Just pick out a core of 5 and it’s all good.

Blow it all up. College football and certain athletic conferences have become corrupted over money and are no longer operating in the best interest of college athletics.

I would refuse this alignment based solely on Cuse playing in something called the “MIDEAST”

Agree. That is the most important part of this plan. Do something insane with football and only football, where the revenues are so high they can justify regular crazy travel.

Break off all the other sports and pair the schools by geography. So the student athletes can still be students and the travel to other league schools is reasonably cheap and time efficient.

What would that world look like? Very much like things were back around 1995 or 2000.

If this is driven by the college presidents, there is a chance they might do something sensible and the awful mess that is college athletics today might finally be addressed.
I agree in spirit but what do you do with the current conferences for non football? Break them up and start over? I feel like we already are past the point where this idea works. The time for this was prior to conferences going to 12. Or at least past 12.

So where does SU BBall go? With Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers, BC, Cincy, Louisville, West Virginia? That is more regional but it is a step down from the ACC.

I agree in spirit but what do you do with the current conferences for non football? Break them up and start over? I feel like we already are past the point where this idea works. The time for this was prior to conferences going to 12. Or at least past 12.

So where does SU BBall go? With Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers, BC, Cincy, Louisville, West Virginia? That is more regional but it is a step down from the ACC.

This is for football only.

Everyone stays where they currently are for basketball.

This is for football only.

Everyone stays where they currently are for basketball.
I imagine there’s a thought that this could lead to a more geographically logical realignment of conferences once football is off the table.

I’d certainly prefer SU go back to a northeastern version of the Big East if we don’t have to worry about football money. Just like I’m sure Stanford and Cal would high tail it back to a new PAC conference with most of their buddies who left for the B1G and B12.

Needles to say all of this is far too strategic and practical for it to ever happen, so it won’t. Because college athletics is a toxic swamp of greed and stupidity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom