Combine measurements | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Combine measurements

Melancer46 said:
Ennis just had the 2nd fastest lane agility score. Consider me shocked considering how slow he looked at the top of our zone. Should be interesting to see if that alleviates the lack of quickness concerns with him.

Yeah, just saw that, he's kind of all over the place. I actually expected his verticals to be better than his quickness but it was the opposite.

It's just weird to see him his quickness scores and seeing the player we saw last year.

Yeah, just saw that, he's kind of all over the place. I actually expected his verticals to be better than his quickness but it was the opposite.

It's just weird to see him his quickness scores and seeing the player we saw last year.

What's really weird is that they do two agility tests and he finished 3rd out of all combine performers in one and middle of the pack in the other. You usually don't see that big of a variance.

One important thing for Jerami - he's 214, which seems skinny until you realize he's only 3.75% body fat...an absurd number that also means he's got more muscle on him than you might think.

Second lowest body fat % at the combine! after Russdiculous.

Ennis just had the 2nd fastest lane agility score. Consider me shocked considering how slow he looked at the top of our zone. Should be interesting to see if that alleviates the lack of quickness concerns with him.

Now this, this is surprising

Ennius didn't rank too well with his verts (10th on his vertical and 8th on his running vertical).
Ennis had a 36 max vertical which is pretty solid and was the same as Marcus Smart and higher than Exum 34.5 and CJ 35.

One important thing for Jerami - he's 214, which seems skinny until you realize he's only 3.75% body fat...an absurd number that also means he's got more muscle on him than you might think.

Second lowest body fat % at the combine! after Russdiculous.

That body fat percentage is a lie. I don't know how they're measuring it, but it's wrong. Only people to get that low are bodybuilders dehydrating themselves for competition day.

That body fat percentage is a lie. I don't know how they're measuring it, but it's wrong. Only people to get that low are bodybuilders dehydrating themselves for competition day.

I measured 3 % on a body fat scale once, but of course, don't have a clue if it was accurate...

I don't know enough about it, but maybe Jerami is a body builder that dehydrated himself for competition day... But I guess that wouldn't be wise to affect performance just for the body fat number, if that is indeed the way to affect it.

Back to the heights without sneakers, I can't believe these guys are actually less than a half foot taller than me! Can we just take a inch and a half off of everyone's reported height then?

-Shame on those who criticized many of us who thought Fair was really around 6'6. Well he is 6'6.5 w/0 shoes.

I don't recall any of you claiming to have seen him without shoes.

Because in shoes, he was the 6-8 that the rest of us suggested. :)

All kidding aside, about that--how can sneakers [even basketball shoes] give you 1+ inches of height? Seems a bit odd that it would be that much. And I could see about an inch--maybe. But more than that? What are these, platform shoes?

I don't recall any of you claiming to have seen him without shoes.

Because in shoes, he was the 6-8 that the rest of us suggested. :)

All kidding aside, about that--how can sneakers [even basketball shoes] give you 1+ inches of height? Seems a bit odd that it would be that much. And I could see about an inch--maybe. But more than that? What are these, platform shoes?
I tried it myself with the puma sneakers I typically wear. Added 1 and 3/8" to my height.

Dehydration doesn't change bodyfat percentage. One is water the other is fat. It makes bodybuilders look thinner because it literally sucks their skin to the muscle revealing more definition, but doesn't change their fat make up. Grant has the text book ectomorph body type. It wouldn't surprise me at all if his bodyfat was that low.

I posted this question in the thread about Grant's measurements before realizing it wasn't this one. Are they still in the process of doing the strength and agility drills or is Grant not participating in them? I can't comprehend why he wouldn't but there are only 0's after his name.

I posted this question in the thread about Grant's measurements before realizing it wasn't this one. Are they still in the process of doing the strength and agility drills or is Grant not participating in them? I can't comprehend why he wouldn't but there are only 0's after his name.
Chad Ford said that Grant had a late injury so he doesn't participate in the athletic drills.

Dehydration doesn't change bodyfat percentage. One is water the other is fat. It makes bodybuilders look thinner because it literally sucks their skin to the muscle revealing more definition, but doesn't change their fat make up. Grant has the text book ectomorph body type. It wouldn't surprise me at all if his bodyfat was that low.
Actually wouldn't dehydration increase body fat percentage? (since fat percentage = mass of fat divided by total body mass & the latter decreases when you're dehydrated).

Actually wouldn't dehydration increase body fat percentage? (since fat percentage = mass of fat divided by total body mass & the latter decreases when you're dehydrated).
I hadn't thought of that, but probably. I don't know that it would show up if they're testing with calipers, but technically it could raise it. If they were testing with bioimpedance analyzers, being dehydrated would actually overestimate the amount of bodyfat since a lack of water in the body would restrict the electrical current of the machine (a characteristic of fat). FWIW, caliper testing is the second most accurate and still has +/- of 3 percentage points. Water submersion is the most accurate but is difficult to do with some people and would be way too time consuming for an environment like the combine.