Coming out of a Bye week | Syracusefan.com

Coming out of a Bye week

Have you noticed it seems the a opponents have been the ones stopping the games for minor injuries. Our players seem to be holding up well.
Maybe conditioning and playing more players will help keeping players healthy.
Think the rotations will help tremendously. I’m sure conditioning is better too since I heard horror stories about the prior staff in this area. But the subbing is significant on both sides of the ball. You heard fran about LQA too.

I’m looking forward to seeing how the team comes out of a bye week. Under Dino it seemed like the team regressed most times.
I expect Fran to not let up and keep the team fully engaged going into the next game.
Under Dino during preseason you could write an L on the schedule next to the game after a bye week in pen not pencil

Anyone know if JRS saw the field yesterday or do we think he needs this bye week to come back from his injury.

Have you noticed it seems the a opponents have been the ones stopping the games for minor injuries. Our players seem to be holding up well.
Maybe conditioning and playing more players will help keeping players healthy.
Yup, I’m conditioned to assume we’re the cause of an injury timeout. That has not been the case this year.

Bigger beats smaller..,

I’m just hoping that somehow someway Marlowe can be ready sooner than expected and this bye week helps with the timing of that.
Might be tough. They had his leg off the ground on a scooter. If he is not allowed to even put weight on it right now, I would think two weeks won't be enough. That said I am neither a doctor nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express.

Too bad Stanford is coming off a bye week as well. This will be the first time they play a game in the Eastern time zone since 2019 (@UCF which they lost).

Would’ve been nice to get a west coast team on a short week, but I guess we’ll just have to settle for getting a west coast team coming off a bye that hasn’t played on the East coast in 5 years.

Normally i looked forward to bye week. Now its just gonna be a sad weekend.. closing the pool and no ‘Cuse football. :-(

It does kind of suck waiting months for SU football, having two wonderful games, and then having to wait two weeks.
Yeah a mid October off week would have been ideal to let the guys rest up before the push. Hopefully depending on how games go the staff can rotate in some backups and minimize wear and tear.
Didn't we have an early season week off last year as well?

Yeah a mid October off week would have been ideal to let the guys rest up before the push. Hopefully depending on how games go the staff can rotate in some backups and minimize wear and tear.
Covid season aside, we haven't had a September bye week since 2014, when we played Villanova in Week 1 and then bizarrely had a bye right after that. (which probably was necessary)

Covid season aside, we haven't had a September bye week since 2014, when we played Villanova in Week 1 and then bizarrely had a bye right after that. (which probably was necessary)
But so@Cusefan69 feels better, the way the calendar works this year, everyone has two byes. Heck, FSU has three (GT too I think).

Our second bye will be on Saturday October 19th this year.

But so@Cusefan69 feels better, the way the calendar works this year, everyone has two byes. Heck, FSU has three (GT too I think).

Our second bye will be on Saturday October 19th this year.

And will be two again next year. 14 Saturdays from Labor Day weekend to Thanksgiving weekend.

We're gonna need them much more with next year's schedule.

Too early to benefit us. HC we need to call the dogs off at halftime as well due to the short week and trip to the west coast. I expect another Ohio.

We do. No game October 19.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom