Commentators on Lane Violation Call | Syracusefan.com

Commentators on Lane Violation Call

orangeman410

Walk On
they are driving me nuts because they keep saying the man coming around from the 3-point line didn't do anything wrong. They are absolutely correct, but thats not why they got a lane violation call. it was called because the guy closest to the basket for UNCA had both his feet at least a foot inside the line before scoop shot.

it clearly showed the inside player for UNCA with his foot in the lane on the replay and they were oblivious to that ... some tough call for both teams ... the ball did go off Trish but he was fouled on the play and should have been shooting free throws instead of inbounding the ball again ...

BINGO - Also its a good thing because I think the last time I saw Scoop hit the first of a 1 and 1 was mid-season. He needed that call to get his usuall crappy FT out of his system. After that he was 4 - 4.

they are driving me nuts because they keep saying the man coming around from the 3-point line didn't do anything wrong. They are absolutely correct, but thats not why they got a lane violation call. it was called because the guy closest to the basket for UNCA had both his feet at least a foot inside the line before scoop shot.
good explanation on the post-game show; 3-point line guy did commit a lane violation, he, like Scoop, has to hang back till the ball hits the rim

Absolutely correct. It was a lane violation. Len Elmore and the other guys are either blind or want to make something out of nothing.

Doesn't somebody have a foot in the lane early on most FTs? Is that really the time you make that call?

The player behind the three point line can't cross the three point line until the ball hits the rim. The official clearly motioned that the player went before the ball hit the rim. In the NBA you can go as soon as the ball is released. NBA players doing college games don't know the college rules.

Holy smokes - they're treating the replay on the lane violation like the Zapruder film!!!

I replayed the play over and over and paused it. The guys foot was firmly on the ground in the lane prior to the ball leaving Scoop's hand. It was a lane violation. I don't know why the announcers didn't see that. I think they were focusing on the guard. Nothing was called on the guard that came around the screen and got the rebound.

The only call the referees got wrong in the last couple minutes was that it should have been a FOUL when the guy hip checked Triche into the sideline... yes, the ball went off his hand, but it was because the guy fouled him. That should have been a foul on Asheville and Triche should have been on the freethrow line.

Calling a violation on Primm (the guy behind the 3-point line) was correct as far as I can tell. Here's the relevant rule from the NCAA rulebook (Rule 9-2-g).

Players not in a legal marked lane space shall remain behind the freethrow line extended and behind the three-point field-goal line until the ball strikes the ring, flange or backboard, or until the free throw ends.

If you view the replay, Primm was clearly below the FT line extended before the ball hit the rim.

You absolutely cannot trust the announcers to know the rules.

The player behind the three point line can't cross the three point line until the ball hits the rim. The official clearly motioned that the player went before the ball hit the rim. In the NBA you can go as soon as the ball is released. NBA players doing college games don't know the college rules.

Okay, that makes more sense then. I didn't know the rule. The announcers should. Thank goodness the officials do.

TWO UNCA players with lane violations on that play.

Okay, I didn't know that... but it was a lane violation on the Asheville player on the left side of the lane anyway because he was in the lane before the ball left Scoop's hand... his foot was clearly on the ground.

did those doosh announcers paint their faces to match their friggin' pompoms????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom