COMPLIMENTS FROM A TIGER | Syracusefan.com

COMPLIMENTS FROM A TIGER

TigerGrad

Walk On
Virtually all of the Clemson fans in Syracuse for the game have indicated their great enjoyment of their trip and have been highly complimentary for the warmth and hospitality shown by the great folks of Syracuse. Regrettably, work precluded my attending; however, after glimpses of your tailgates, I wondered if I should have gone AWOL at least for a short time!

When Syracuse joined the ACC, I told close friends that I thought it was an excellent move by the ACC and Syracuse. That was because you have a fine institution, and that particularly, your basketball AND football programs would be excellent adds. Football, because the potential is there, and I believed your additional exposure along the eastern seaboard and the south would abet your recruiting. Basketball...well, I don't have to comment further.

The Clemson people were appreciative of your efforts to provide useful info and tips for the trip, and in particular, TexanMark was outstanding. Of course, there were the occasional North vs South comments, but they were a bunch of bull. That's because most all of us have lifelong close friends and family, who live across the nation, especially in the north and south.

Next year, if you have the inclination and time, I believe you would thoroughly enjoy a visit to Clemson and Death Valley, and the Clemson people will be eager to return your many kindnesses and your generosity. Who knows? Some may return having sampled our grits and gravy and even offer an occasional "Y'all" or "Howdy."

Regardless, welcome to the ACC and good luck with the rest of your season.

Yeah - despite the competitive banter around here at times - we are looking forward to playing you guys every year. The trip next year will be fantastic.

I'm high on both you guys and FSU - should be an insane game in a few weeks.

Virtually all of the Clemson fans in Syracuse for the game have indicated their great enjoyment of their trip and have been highly complimentary for the warmth and hospitality shown by the great folks of Syracuse. Regrettably, work precluded my attending; however, after glimpses of your tailgates, I wondered if I should have gone AWOL at least for a short time!

When Syracuse joined the ACC, I told close friends that I thought it was an excellent move by the ACC and Syracuse. That was because you have a fine institution, and that particularly, your basketball AND football programs would be excellent adds. Football, because the potential is there, and I believed your additional exposure along the eastern seaboard and the south would abet your recruiting. Basketball...well, I don't have to comment further.

The Clemson people were appreciative of your efforts to provide useful info and tips for the trip, and in particular, TexanMark was outstanding. Of course, there were the occasional North vs South comments, but they were a bunch of bull. That's because most all of us have lifelong close friends and family, who live across the nation, especially in the north and south.

Next year, if you have the inclination and time, I believe you would thoroughly enjoy a visit to Clemson and Death Valley, and the Clemson people will be eager to return your many kindnesses and your generosity. Who knows? Some may return having sampled our grits and gravy and even offer an occasional "Y'all" or "Howdy."

Regardless, welcome to the ACC and good luck with the rest of your season.
you guys were top notch to a degree I don't think we've ever seen up here. I'm too lazy to write it again but I sum the experience here:

http://syracusefan.com/threads/hey-at-least-the-tailgate-was-epic.58980/