Conference news updates for 8/11: Big Ten and PAC12 OUT | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Conference news updates for 8/11: Big Ten and PAC12 OUT

Shorter Kevin Warren basically I am protecting the status quo of amateur athletics and using the player safety as a cover. When I let schools bring players back on campus in June and expose themselves to the virus.

I want the season cancelled but the Big Ten needs to be called out and admit the truth. Which is fine.

Shorter Kevin Warren basically I am protecting the status quo of amateur athletics and using the player safety as a cover. When I let schools bring players back on campus in June and expose themselves to the virus.

I want the season cancelled but the Big Ten needs to be called out and admit the truth. Which is fine.

That's what an Arizona player said months ago when the university said classes would be online for the student body. He asked why are we at school then?

Barstool has a lot of idiots. See Portnoy, David.

But Dan “Big Cat” Katz and PFT commenter are smart and call it the right way a majority of the time.

I want spring football but Katz statement is on the money unless they play what I suggest an 8 game spring schedule there isn’t a window to play a spring and then fall season.

Agreed they need a shorter season. They need to start by March 1 and play something like 8 straight weeks, and even then they need to prob delay fall 2021 a few weeks.

My issue with the comment is that it is contextually weak. There is no good answer here. The b10 made the call that the risk to the players was worse in the current environment than there would be if they play 2 seasons ~6 months apart vs 9. Is that right? I dont know. But its not the whole story.

Agreed they need a shorter season. They need to start by March 1 and play something like 8 straight weeks, and even then they need to prob delay fall 2021 a few weeks.

Exactly.

Everyone complaining about a spring season and a normal start to the fall season are barking up the wrong tree. It would HAVE to be adjusted to make it work.

The B1G is trash. I really hope the ACC, Big 12 and SEC stick together. Let the Pac and B1G rot. They're not doing the right thing to do the right thing. They're going to be lauded by some of the gullible sports media; thankfully there are enough people out there like Bilas to call them out and stand up for the athletes.

The B1G is trash. I really hope the ACC, Big 12 and SEC stick together. Let the Pac and B1G rot. They're not doing the right thing to do the right thing. They're going to be lauded by some of the gullible sports media; thankfully there are enough people out there like Bilas to call them out and stand up for the athletes.
If every Big Ten campus isn’t closed this fall for remote learning then the conference is full of chit about student safety.

There is no reason to have kids on campus if they are scared about student safety.

In an effort to save their inventory, Disney is offering a free 3 day Disney world/Epcot pass to any ACC, SEC and Big12 athlete who contracts myocarditis.

so push next fall back weeks and then play through Dec and into Jan. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

and oh by the way, that's if the virus isn't around/vaccine? At what point will the 'experts' say it's ok to play team sports again?

That huge sigh of relief you just heard came from our buddy in Piscataway. " I don't have to coach against Ohio st this year thank you baby Jesus"

so push next fall back weeks and then play through Dec and into Jan. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

and oh by the way, that's if the virus isn't around/vaccine? At what point will the 'experts' say it's ok to play team sports again?

What's the other option?

When we’re split up into districts and have to compete in yearly Hunger Games this will be a fond distant memory.

Prop bet on my betting app.

Will the Big Ten play spring football
No -1200
Yes + 700

The Big Ten is done for the year.

Probably when we get to nationwide 80+% mask usage. That's what the rest of the world has and they're starting to get back to sports with fans.

Prop bet on my betting app.

Will the Big Ten play spring football
No -1200
Yes + 700

The Big Ten is done for the year.

Postponing till spring was to soften the blow of cancelling all together. Who knows if they would have the votes if they cancelled completely.

Who actually thinks they will do this in the spring?

I assume there won't be a playoff/bowl season this year. If the SEC/ACC/B12 push on with a season in the fall, the season ends after they crown conference champion? Or do they do a mini-tourney at the end of the season amongst top finishers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom