Confidence rating for each game this year... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Confidence rating for each game this year...

So tough to gauge potential outcomes this season. In all games (if healthy, sans potential post season) we will have the best player on the field in Tucker. In all games we will have the best RB, LB, and CB groups... And this is an odd reality for many Cuse fans to consider. In most games we will have the most dynamic QB on the field, the most veterans on oline and the most stable safety pairing. If the DL, WR and special teams units can at least perform on par on a given day we should win those games due to elite level playmakers around them.

We are truly a wild card this season due to half dozen elite players and half the coaching staff upgraded. Other teams should be concerned and will be if we put down a marker week 1 vs Lville.

I'm gonna make it more difficult and only be allowed to use one number for each opponent.

1- at Clemson
2- ND

3- Purdue
4- NC State
5- at Pitt
6- Louisville
7- Florida State
8- at Wake Forest

9-Virginia
10- at BC
11-at Uconn
12- Wagner

The way I see it 9-12 are must wins,1 and 2 are losses, and 3-8 are tossup games that will determine the season. Depending on injuries I think 7-5 is realistic but it starts with ending the Losing to Louisville as we have had all off season to figure out why they have kicked our *** the last 3 years.

To me the way Dino and Co. come out and handle the first 15 minutes against Louisville will tell me whether we are going 7-5 or 4-8.

Even if we lose against Louisville, if they come out swinging I’ve got every vote of confidence in this team. If they roll over against Malik after having weeks to prepare again like last year, I’m gonna be pretty nervous.

I'm gonna make it more difficult and only be allowed to use one number for each opponent.

1- at Clemson
2- ND

3- Purdue
4- NC State
5- at Pitt
6- Louisville
7- Florida State
8- at Wake Forest

9-Virginia
10- at BC
11-at Uconn
12- Wagner

The way I see it 9-12 are must wins,1 and 2 are losses, and 3-8 are tossup games that will determine the season. Depending on injuries I think 7-5 is realistic but it starts with ending the Losing to Louisville as we have had all off season to figure out why they have kicked our *** the last 3 years.

You’re ranking Purdue waaaay too high.

I’d have them after Llvll at a minimum.
Prolly below FSU also.

Also - flip UVA and @ BC.

UVA is our 3rd easiest game, after Wagner & UCant.
All new staff, 1st time HC, dozens of new players, new schemes, and we get them in the Dome.

there are a bunch of people who have Purdue as a darkhorse to win the B10 this year. who knows what they bring to the table.

there are a bunch of people who have Purdue as a darkhorse to win the B10 this year. who knows what they bring to the table.

Open at home against Penn State on a Thursday night. Should learn a lot about them. I never root for Penn State in anything, but a devastating loss for Purdue wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

look at the last 5 Lou games

they scored 41 on 370 yds of offense, thats hard to do
they scored 30 on 400 yds
they scored 56 on 600 yds.. clearly we played poorly
they scored 23 on 400 yds. more like you hope the D can play
they scored 56 on 700 yds.. this was scare bad

so of the 5 games. 2 they dominated the other 3 that had 400 yds and two of those scored 30 or less..

Our bigger issue was SU scoring 3, 0, 34, 54, 10. no offense, wore down the D, that actually played well enough in 3 of those games.

Last year, Louisville scored 35 on 5 of their 6 first half possessions, and did it in 300 yards.

2nd half, they took their foot off the gas.

So yes, our offense could have helped, but also could have been like 2019 if our offense was competitive (as it was that year).

I saw a B10 article and it showed Purdue as the youngest and least experienced team in the B10.

I saw a B10 article and it showed Purdue as the youngest and least experienced team in the B10.
Im all for them playing like Crap this year. I listen to a bunch of the gambling dudes and they seem to see value.. I think it would be good for us if they are 1 dimensional like last yr as well. As long as its not 500 yds passing like they did a few games last yr

1 = If we win this game, I will not remember any of it because I will have drank a handle of my favorite liquor.
5 = If we win, the wife/husband might get lucky. If we lose...the wife/husband might get lucky.
10 = If we lost this game I may walk into the middle of the road.

Here we go:

Game 1 vs. Louisville Sep. 3, 8 pm
It is the beginning of the season, and I am always irrationally confident. We were taken out back and beaten like a redheaded stepchild at their place last year. NONE OF THAT MATTERS! The revenge tour begins here.
C Rating: 6.5 (A solid one-wall punch game. If we lose, two. My knuckles will be sore)

Game 2 @ UConn Sep. 10, 7 pm

If we lose to these schlubs at the low rent, I'm not going to be happy. Mora has them headed in the right direction, but that's a multiyear rebuild back to mediocrity.
C Rating: 9 (If we lose, I'll need some new sheetrock)

Game 3 vs. Purdue Sep. 17, 12 pm

A nooner at the dome. Recently they have often been snoozefests. I remember in '98 when UT came to town in an early game, and people had been drinking special punch out of trash cans since 5 am. Let's hope the crowd comes out for this one. I don't know much about Purdue, but a boilermaker is a damn tasty drink.
C Rating: 5 (I hope they can eke this one out. If they don't, my new sheet rock will receive a headbutt to its solar plexus)

Game 4 vs. Virginia Sep. 23, 7 pm

A Friday night contest at the dome! People will be lubed up and ready to be loud. Tony Elliott is a new coach, with a brand new system install happening. I think the crowd and the new install give 'Cuse the edge.
C Rating: 7 (I live in Virginia. and I have many UVA friends. If SU loses this game, I will be pelted with tennis balls by those Polo-wearing nancies. Two forearm shivers to my beleaguered living room wall if we lose)

Game 5 vs. Wagner Oct. 1, TBD

Damn good composer, damn poor football team. Flight of the Valkyrie will be played loud and proud as SU pounds them.
C Rating: 10 (If we lose this game I will personally drive to Syracuse and fire Dino myself, and put a hole through HIS living room wall)

Game 6 vs. NC State Oct. 15, TBD

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling we're going to pull a decent-sized upset this year. NC State is hyped beyond belief this year, and it's deserved. They are a solid team from top to bottom. Call it gut instinct, but I think SU pulls this one out. The bye week, the actual time of this game, and the hype around it will be key.
C Rating: 5.5 (I have now installed some steel paneling and break my hand on it if we lose. I'll be casted up but ready to contribute the next game)

Game 7 @ Clemson Oct. 22, TBD

Coming off an emotional home win and carrying a 5-1 record into this game, the Orange come crashing back down to Earth. A loss with hopefully no serious injuries, and a defensive struggle against the Tigers.
C Rating: 2.5 (If we win, Jack Daniels stock will rise 200 points the following Monday thanks to yours truly. My hand has some time to heal as I'm not expecting a win anyways)

Game 8 vs. Notre Dame Oct. 29, TBD

The crowd will be hyped, the team will be focused, and the refs will be Notre Dame subway alums. A tough loss from a game Syracuse team. SU fans talk about the robbery that took place in this game for decades.
C Rating: 3.5 (If we win, I'll headbutt my TV in celebration and it will crash down onto the floor. I will have no recollection of this the next day, but will know something bad happened when I'm sleeping on my driveway the next morning)

Game 9 @ Pitt Nov. 5, TBD

We always seem to play poorly at Pitt. This year is no exception. Pitt is overrated but still gives the 'Cuse fits. This all comes down to the last quarter. I like our chances with Sean Tucker but it feels like a game we would typically lose.
C Rating: 4.5 (If we win this one, my wife will let me sleep in my own bed again, but the dulcet tones of Matt Park on the radio and the haunting visage of Pat Narduzzi will leave me sleepless in the Shenandoah Valley)

Game 10 vs FSU Nov. 12, TBD

6 wins, here we come! FSU has unraveled by this point in the season and the fan base is screaming for the administration to exhume Bobby Bowden's corpse. They do, and a new ESPN 30 for 30 called Weekend at Bobby's follows the wacky antics of Bobby and his friends. The documentary breaks all sorts of television rating records. Unfortunately, his mummified corpse can't rally them to victory at the dome.
C Rating: 6.5 (If we lose this one, I'll be buying a new TV because Matt Park and my radio will be flung off the highest ledge of the Blue Ridge Mountains in my unmitigated rage)

Game 11 @ Wake Forest Nov. 19, TBD

Of COURSE, Sam Hartman is back for this game because we are SU, and don't deserve nice things. His second game back and he's slinging darts. The Demon Deacons have no answers for Sean Tucker though, and with the 6-win monkey off SU's back, they play poised and relaxed. A high-scoring affair, but Phil's kid can't lead the Deacs back in this one. He cries because he lost and because TNT just happens to be playing a Simpsons marathon that night featuring all the episodes with Lionel Hutz.
C Rating: 5.5 (If we lose this one, I will weep silently in the darkness and sip brandy while my wife furiously scours the internet for a divorce lawyer. Lionel Hutz is unfortunately not available)

Game 12 @ Boston College Nov. 26, TBD

SU carries a 7-4 record into this rivalry game that no one in either fanbase cares about that much. The ACC unveils a rivalry trophy for this one. The much-ballyhooed "Meh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" Trophy will sit in a vacant storage room in the training facility of the victorious team. It will be a one-off because the winning team forgets where they stored it, and it sits unused with jock straps and old shoulder pads littered around it. The Eagles are decimated from injuries, but an unknown RB turned CB called Fiamond Derri emerges for the Beagles and wins them the game.
C Rating: 5 (If we lose this game at BC, and they have no fans, does it make a sound? I hate theoretical science questions. I'm living in a van down by the river and don't get to see the game, but don't even realize it because I've decided to take a really dangerous ride with a stunning succubus called shabu. I'm found floating in said river the next morning. My wife mourns my idiocy)

So there you have it! SU finishes the season bowling with a 7-5 record and your intrepid narrator is buried in a potters field on Nov. 29th. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.
I care a lot about BC.

I have been watching the Orange play the Eagles since 1969.

The win in 2004 at BC is still one of the best - and most satisfying - wins I have ever seen.

Beware of the Boilermakers.

We need to avenge that horrible loss in the 2004 opener at West Lafayette.

Beware of the Boilermakers.

We need to avenge that horrible loss in the 2004 opener at West Lafayette.

Oh they may be very good this year. Just pointing out that they are young. Glad we get them early.

Oh they may be very good this year. Just pointing out that they are young. Glad we get them early.

I'd feel better if they were breaking in a new QB, the returning guy had a great year. He gets one of his favorite WRs back (not THE favorite) and a productive TE.

No clue about their D, and they don't seem to be much of a threat running the ball.

I care a lot about BC.

I have been watching the Orange play the Eagles since 1969.

The win in 2004 at BC is still one of the best - and most satisfying - wins I have ever seen.
conan obrien just joking GIF by Team Coco

Im all for them playing like Crap this year. I listen to a bunch of the gambling dudes and they seem to see value.. I think it would be good for us if they are 1 dimensional like last yr as well. As long as its not 500 yds passing like they did a few games last yr
Yep one dimensional passing teams I think we will feast on this year.

We will Geno Smith a few QBs this year (starting with Malik Cunningham I hope). Just like we got revenge against Malik Willis last year

It all comes down to injuries. If we stay healthy we will be fine. If injuries start to pile up , we are in trouble. We aren’t deep enough to withstand too many injuries

They will bring Big10 officiating with them, see Rutgers game last year.

Better win: UConn, wagner

Feeling optimistic: Purdue, Virginia, FSU, wake (without Hartman)

Toss-up: Louisville, BC, wake (with Hartman), Pitt

Probably a loss but think we grab 1 from the following: ND, NC st, Clemson

I think we go bowling as long as shrader and tucker stay healthy. Yes it’s a tough schedule, but I’m not buying into the Louisville is a must win narrative (even though it feels like starting 1-0 needs to happen for this team and city).

Virginia and Purdue have great QBs, but Purdue defense lost a ton and Virginia OL is going to be Swiss cheese. I think having both those at home we get those games. FSU, Louisville, BC, wake, and Pitt. 4 winnable games where you just need 2 from, or maybe 1 if they pull an upset (which I think we will this year) over ND, Clemson, or NCST. Gun to my head, I’m taking cuse over ND at home on October 29 for the upset.

Final prediction:

W: Wagner, UConn, Virginia, Purdue, ND, FSU

L: louisville, Pitt, BC, NCST, Clemson, wake

1- at Clemson
2- ND

3- Purdue
4- NC State
5- at Pitt
6- Louisville
7- Florida State
8- at Wake Forest

9-Virginia
10- at BC
11-at Uconn
12- Wagner

Why is BC seen as a must win and not a toss up? Obviously if Cuse has 5 wins going to chestnut hill or Jurkovec is hurt that changes things, but that is their senior day for a 6year QB and could be their bowl determining game as well. If Cuse has 6 wins and BC has 5 they’ll want it more

Can’t see it with what their defense lost but I could see the Cuse Purdue game being a shootout and could go either way

Why is BC seen as a must win and not a toss up? Obviously if Cuse has 5 wins going to chestnut hill or Jurkovec is hurt that changes things, but that is their senior day for a 6year QB and could be their bowl determining game as well. If Cuse has 6 wins and BC has 5 they’ll want it more
the better running team usually wins the matchup and the obvious reason of its BC

I always like to predict 12-0 regular seasons, because as a fan, why the hell not! But in a more honest moment, I’m thinking 7-5. But the season will not be as we expect. Other teams get key injuries too. S*** happens. I plan to enjoy the ride.
219F0512-593C-4D96-9770-CB03E2713224.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom