Confirmed- Dino returning next season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Confirmed- Dino returning next season

If Dino goes 7-6 in 2023, and 6-6 in 2024 and any P5 job opens, he is gone. SU already said by not extending that they don't want to commit. He will have one foot out the door the entire season. How is that good for anyone?
The season hasn't even ended-We don't know they won't extend him this offseason.

Gotcha. I don't know when his current deal ends. I don't have a problem letting him coach on the final year of his deal without extending him. If that's 2023, then we'll make a decision one way or the other. It's not like we're going to sign him to a series of 1 year deals going forward.

And it's not like the recruiting has been so stellar that we have to worry about it getting worse if he's in the last year of his deal.

South Carolina is recruiting him hard. We need to all show him some love and support on twitter. He’s been quoted as saying he’s sticking with us cause we stuck by him when he was hurt.

Still, there are concerns.
I am hoping that with Marcus Satterfield taking the OC job at Nebraska that it will help us, but certainly a situation to monitor closely, the kid is just really good.

I am hoping that with Marcus Satterfield taking the OC job at Nebraska that it will help us, but certainly a situation to monitor closely, the kid is just really good.
He seems to feel morally obligated to us which i absolutely love to see. Seems like a fine young man, plus a dual threat 4 star. That’s got Syracuse written all over it, probably be a relatively seamless install.

We'll never know, but I wonder what would have happened if we didn't come back in the 4th Quarter against BC after they were called for roughing the passing when we were about to punt again. I still think he would have been back. At 7-5, there was no doubt.
If that's what you want to spend your time on, have at it.

People mention the covid year but we didn’t play any Florida teams that year and our one win was against a team from Georgia. I agree with the sentiment but how did we beat a team from Georgia then?

I don’t want to call for anyone to lose their job ever. My issue is other than the Clemson win and ‘18, Dino’s games/seasons just aren’t any fun

People mention the covid year but we didn’t play any Florida teams that year and our one win was against a team from Georgia. I agree with the sentiment but how did we beat a team from Georgia then?

I don’t want to call for anyone to lose their job ever. My issue is other than the Clemson win and ‘18, Dino’s games/seasons just aren’t any fun
This season was a blast though and was one of Dino’s best seasons, his second best from what I can tell so far.

This season was a blast though and was one of Dino’s best seasons, his second best from what I can tell so far.
I should edit. Almost every game Dungey played in was fun to watch, win or lose. But Dino seemed to lose his wild gunslinger attitude after a couple of years here.

I think what you think of Babers depends on what you think the covid year means.

If you throw it out entirely, he is completely comparable to Marrone. Most people here thought Marrone was pretty good. I think he's a moron, I wish he'd have picked anywhere else to go when he left, but they weren't ever going to fire him

Babers is ok too. Throw out 2020 and multiply his winning percentage by the 50 games Marrone coached, you'd get a record of 24-26. Marrone was 25-25. Babers strength of schedule is 2.3 points per game harder.

I thought Babers would be better but if Marrone is ok then so is Babers.

Orange is the new yellow….flag

What happened to that orange as the new fast super hurry up O? Penalties? Thought that was Ohana’s MO coming here.

Our best stretch of recruiting came when BC was terrible under Bicknell then Pitt was terrible under Majors then Rutgers was terrible under Shea.

Maybe Rutgers and BC will be really bad for a while and our recruiting improves

It's pretty zero sum. It's tough when Pitt and PSU are both good. We really need Pitt to suck again.

I might be basing too much of my opinion of the 90s on Pitt BC and Rutgers being bad but it made our schedule easier on top of helping recruiting.

Last edited:
Just by luck we should get to Nov one yr without being all beat up.

Really just had the 1 bad game effort a penalty or so from 7-0 and 8-4. Had chances in the 4th to win/tie all the rest of the games..
It already happened the year we won 10. We will get as beat up as every other school. Our problem lies in the caliber of player replacing our starters. We still aren't recruiting well enough to build depth that can compete with the others 2's and 3's in November.
In the past 20+ years, we have tried different coaches, different assistants, different athletic directors, built brand new facilities, and of course tons of different players.
The only 2 things I can think of that hasn't changed during that same time, is our recruiting classes ranking between 45 and 55, and our win total usually adding up to 4-5 wins. Clearly one has to do with the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom