Confirmed- Dino returning next season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Confirmed- Dino returning next season

And he's going to win 11 games next year and get an extension.
There is no question that Dino will have to improve significantly over this season to get an extension. 9 - 3 at least. That will require significant additions off the portal on OL, DL and WR. Let's see if he can recruit what is needed.

As tough as the 5 game skid was, when looking back at it all five were very solid teams, bad matchups for us, and our QB1 was hurt. None of them were bad losses in the conventional sense except arguably Pitt and that was our backups first ever start.
Yeah, living through the 5-game skid was emotionally painful in the moment and a lot of us overreacted without taking in a full view of the situation. When you take a step back and look at the whole picture it's understandable the losses happened even though we were not even remotely competitive in two of the games. When compared to how Kansas finished, 7-5 with that schedule and those circumstances is pretty good.

There is no fair reason to fire him. 7-5 is acceptable. Doesn’t matter where the wins came and from what order.

However, the collapse in the end. And yes it was a collapse, scrapping against a 3-8 BC (a win is a win) aside, I just feel like this is going to be the same song and dance and as we’ve seen In previous seasons this can often result in no bowl game.

No bowl next year, you have to make a change. No if ands or buts.

Just by luck we should get to Nov one yr without being all beat up.

Really just had the 1 bad game effort a penalty or so from 7-0 and 8-4. Had chances in the 4th to win/tie all the rest of the games..

You could say the same thing, our opponent fan boards do, about some of our wins. We finished where we should have.

It’s also weird pretending we only had 1 bad game. The stats don’t support that at all and the outcome of the games don’t either.

You could say the same thing, our opponent fan boards do, about some of our wins. We finished where we should have.

It’s also weird pretending we only had 1 bad game. The stats don’t support that at all and the outcome of the games don’t either.

I only count 2 bad games - Notre Dame and Florida State.

If you want to count the Pitt game, it was still only 19-9 on the road versus a team that laid 75 points on us a couple years ago.

We'll never know, but I wonder what would have happened if we didn't come back in the 4th Quarter against BC after they were called for roughing the passing when we were about to punt again. I still think he would have been back. At 7-5, there was no doubt.

he deserves the opportunity to come back this year, but next year its bowl game or see ya as Michael kay would say
Probably 7-5 or adios (assuming no whacky issues).

He passed all expectations for the season. The 5-game skid hurt, but the totality of the season was much better than projections. He's going to remain on a very short leash though I'm sure. Interested in how the AD addresses S&C, nutrition, and medical because something has to change there for any coaching staff to be competitive in the ACC.
I just hope he has learned from (all) of his mistakes. He has had his fair share of them.

All Wildhack did was postpone the inevitable. Seven years is a pretty good sample size. In college football it’s an eternity. In his seven years two winning seasons and at the end of his seventh year the most penalized team in the nation. Continued clock management problems, no discipline, mediocre recruiting.Those factors do not make this fan feel warm and fuzzy regarding the future success of the program. I realize that many of you are happy he has been given another year and I respect your optimism. I hope to God you are right and I am wrong. But after watching the same thing for five and a half out of seven years, I just don’t see it turning out successfully for Syracuse University Football.

Syracuse will almost always be a team that can’t recover from penalties and game mismanagement. Dino has shown zero improvement in these areas in 7 seasons. In fact I think he has regressed in these areas.

It’s been time to move on for years but in typical Syracuse fashion we will hold on and pray for divine intervention.

I'll only be happy with this decision if Anae & Beck are back. Otherwise it is a bad decision.
Great take. Dino cant win unless he has excellent coordinators.
He isnt a game coach. The only time he was ever a coordinator he was relieved of his duties before mid season.

Why take out covid year? Did the teams we played against not also have opt outs?
It’s been documented, due to varying Covid protocols that Covid was different for every region and program and SU could have not played based on the # of available players but they opted to stick it out. 6 available offensive linemen, 1-10 is what you get, any program. It’s your prerogative, but I’m not counting that farce of a football season against him.

Why take out covid year? Did the teams we played against not also have opt outs?

Do we really need to get into your 2nd question?

Syracuse is in NY State. That's all I'm saying. Not getting into a state by state Covid mitigation debate.

Don’t get this take of not counting the COVID year….

University of Buffalo seemed to not have an issue going 6-1 with the same restrictions etc that Syracuse faced.

I get they are not a P-5 school but the reason that people credit is due to the NYS restrictions that were different. If that was the case, the same results should have happened for Buffalo too. Instead Leipold used it to further cement how good of a coach he is.

It’s been documented, due to varying Covid protocols that Covid was different for every region and program and SU could have not played based on the # of available players but they opted to stick it out. 6 available offensive linemen, 1-10 is what you get, any program. It’s your prerogative, but I’m not counting that farce of a football season against him.
Exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom