Conflicting info... Is tonight's game. 7 p.m. or 8 p.m.? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Conflicting info... Is tonight's game. 7 p.m. or 8 p.m.?

Niagara Purple Eagles @ Syracuse Orange - Sports News (freesportsforall.ml)

Anyone know what the rough fair price for a roku is?
FYI... Spectrum totally boned me.

Setting up the Rokus this morning... can’t find the Spectrum app... can’t find the spectrum app...

Call up Spectrum...”oh yeah we’re currently in disputed contract w Roku”

So from the time I agreed to the Spectrum streaming (Dec 3) to today, everything they told me became moot.

Classic, beyond all classic moves by Spectrum

Setting up the Rokus this morning... can’t find the Spectrum app... can’t find the spectrum app...

So from the time I agreed to the Spectrum streaming (Dec 3) to today, everything they told me became moot.

I watch Spectrum through Roku all the time. What's not working?

I have spectrum in CP and have sreaming per Roku. No problem here. HBO has a roku no pay problem, so I’m confused. Goodluck.

I watch Spectrum through Roku all the time. What's not working?
They’ve told me that anyone who already has the app downloaded on Roku is good to go but anyone who needs to download the app on the Roku will not be able to at this time because of a contract dispute.

They’ve told me that anyone who already has the app downloaded on Roku is good to go but anyone who needs to download the app on the Roku will not be able to at this time because of a contract dispute.

That...makes no sense, which is very on brand for them. Despise that company.

This is and has always been Spectrum's M O. They lie through their teeth. It's why I got rid of them 8 or 9 years ago. I don't live in a Spectrum area anymore, but, regardless, I'll never use them for anything again.

It’s enough to make you crazy.

I just dunno how to get YES Network at this point...

AT&T streaming has it.

At least their $80 a month package does. They have a cheaper(I think $45) package too, from what I saw but not sure if that includes YES.

I signed up for a free one week trial last Saturday for the Cuse game, because it has YES, and watched the Rider game on it.

Wow that’s crap. It’s one of the reasons why I switched to Verizon as soon as I moved to an area that has it. Although, when signing up with Verizon, I asked the rep if they had an app on Roku that I can use to stream live TV and he told me yes, only to find out that no, that does not exist. They only have mobile apps for live tv streaming. So, they all lie, I suppose.

Last edited:

Easy fix for this, download thr spectrum app to your phone and then buy a Google chromecast for like 30 bucks on Amazon, you can then chromecast your app on your phone to your TV. I have Fios but chromecast stuff all the time

Easy fix for this, download thr spectrum app to your phone and then buy a Google chromecast for like 30 bucks on Amazon, you can then chromecast your app on your phone to your TV. I have Fios but chromecast stuff all the time

Except then you can’t use your phone for other things, right? That was the case with my Apple TV at least.

Except then you can’t use your phone for other things, right? That was the case with my Apple TV at least.

Nope, with this once its chromecasting your good to use your phone regularly it doesn't even play in the background on your phone.

Advances in tech only make money for those that have money. People think Facebook is free for example.

Spectrum says one can use their streaming to watch it Away from home. You don’t get all the channels and if you are using WiFi spectrum to connect Away from Home Spectrum WiFi doesn’t allow you to load the Spectrum app. If you have Spectrum streaming the vacation hold does not apply.you either turn in your equipment or pay full load.

most on this board are astute when it comes to cutting the cord or using workarounds...but the majority of persons just wanting to watch cable tv get ripped off big time

I have roku through spectrum but it buffers a lot of the time. It’s constantly going in and out. On my iFit exercise machine I can’t get anything as it just spins. My WiFi is connected and it works for my iPad but lately I haven’t been able to pick up ESPN 3 on my iPad. It’s been a pain.

Have you tried to download the Fox Sports Go app?

I use that to stream SU sports on YES in WNY (using my Roku TV).

Make sure it’s Fox Sports Go and not regular Fox Sports.

Setting up the Rokus this morning... can’t find the Spectrum app... can’t find the spectrum app... Call up Spectrum...”oh yeah we’re currently in disputed contract w Roku”. So from the time I agreed to the Spectrum streaming (Dec 3) to today, everything they told me became moot. Classic, beyond all classic moves by Spectrum

That sucks. They suck. Still, there are some alternatives. Spectrum’s web site says:

“you can still access your full video library by downloading the Spectrum TV app to your Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox, smartphone or tablet.”

As others have noted in this thread, you should be able to Chromecast from the phone app, as well. And they hopefully will eventually work a deal out with Roku.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom