Congrats on your final 4 appearance... Good win against us | Syracusefan.com

Congrats on your final 4 appearance... Good win against us

WaHoos4Me

Scout Team
Had to take a bit of a sabbatical/leave of absence/time off/ time-out after what I thought was my team's debacle. But, I could not allow myself to not congratulate your team on a hell of a game against UVa. Also thought I'd toss a good luck to your women as they take on the never ending repeat champion of NCAAW... Please, please, if there is any possibility, please, pull off this win. I'm sick of uCon as much if not more than I am of the local media love for all things Maryland... May that state rot in hell... or Duke...

Had to take a bit of a sabbatical/leave of absence/time off/ time-out after what I thought was my team's debacle. But, I could not allow myself to not congratulate your team on a hell of a game against UVa. Also thought I'd toss a good luck to your women as they take on the never ending repeat champion of NCAAW... Please, please, if there is any possibility, please, pull off this win. I'm sick of uCon as much if not more than I am of the local media love for all things Maryland... May that state rot in hell... or Duke...
Thanks man! We respect Uva's program here. You guys are so tough for us to beat so it was a huge win for us, probably the biggest of the year and not just bc it was in the elite 8.

If you get a chance give us a run down on how you think uva stacks up against the best teams in ACC next year. I vaguely remember you did that last year and it was very good...

If you get a chance give us a run down on how you think uva stacks up against the best teams in ACC next year. I vaguely remember you did that last year and it was very good...
Jack, will do... Right now I think UVa will drop just a bit... maybe not top 2-3, probably more a 5 seed... Perrantes returns, and our 2nd soon to be 3rd years will be very good. In addition, we are afforded the skills of Austin Nichols, a former 5 star transfer from Memphis I believe, forgive my ignorance here, the libations are slowly kicking in and Kyle Guy who just won the 3 point contest at the final four on Sunday? maybe??? I'm reluctant to say UVa will be as stout a defensive team, losing Brogdon and Gill will hurt; but the offense may be +10 per game. Devon Hall, upped his game this year and Marial Shayok seemed to finally regain his form after dubious injuries seemed to sideline him for most of the season. Darius Thompson found his stroke, and his athleticism could be the x factor. I don't think UVa will be hurting from the perimeter; a bit skeptical of the in-between rim/three point line defense.

Looking forward to our game(s) next year.

Totally agree w/my compadre. The key to how well we can do will be how quickly the new players can pick up the defensive techniques. A lot of us believe we lost to Sparty the first time in the NCAA because Gill (as a sophomore eligibility-wise) rolled his ankle at the end of the game. There's a decent possibility that Nichols could be at the level Gill was then. Kyle Guy will be facing tougher defenses than he saw in HS, so he probably will have a fall-off from his Burger Boy stats of this year. Losing the talent we're losing definitely brings you down at least a notch or two. We're not going to fall off the face of the earth, but if we make the double bye the writers will say it's a real accomplishment for the program.

WaHoos4Me said:

We've been in your shoes. In 2010 after we lost to Butler I felt like someone ripped my heart out. I actually had tears in my eye as a 32 year old (alleged) man. I didn't watch a second of basketball of any kind until our first preseason game that fall. With Bennett and the recruits he's started to pull in you'll get there.

Am I the only one who thinks the Virginia fans that come here are the best opposing fans we've had? Some Clemson football fans are OK and the couple FSU guys that post regularly on the football board are cool, but the Virginia basketball fans are really great.

Hoo's That said:
Totally agree w/my compadre. The key to how well we can do will be how quickly the new players can pick up the defensive techniques. A lot of us believe we lost to Sparty the first time in the NCAA because Gill (as a sophomore eligibility-wise) rolled his ankle at the end of the game. There's a decent possibility that Nichols could be at the level Gill was then. Kyle Guy will be facing tougher defenses than he saw in HS, so he probably will have a fall-off from his Burger Boy stats of this year. Losing the talent we're losing definitely brings you down at least a notch or two. We're not going to fall off the face of the earth, but if we make the double bye the writers will say it's a real accomplishment for the program.

I said on here last week that Guy is going to torment us for years. Not looking forward to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom