Congrats | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Congrats

Considering some of the incidents that have happened with Syracuse players in the past, are we really ones to pass judgement? Fab, DeShaun, Devo, that whole incident with Flynn, Ricky, etc...

Seriously, the sour grapes are pungent.

Let them enjoy their freaking win. It's not like they beat US to get it, after all, so who cares?

Except it's not sour grapes to say Cal is slime. It's fact. Can't celebrate slime. I'm with Knight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm not celebrating UK today, but this team wasn't as annoying as the John Wall or any of his other teams. I didn't like Jones much, but otherwise they didn't seem as much like mercenaries. I don't know if that makes sense.

Anyway, if they were playing a team I could have rooted for wholeheartedly I probably would be more upset. I don't really care for Kansas either tbh. Hopefully this also lessens all the talk about Calipari, which is more annoying than his cheating, and with any luck he's off to the NBA.

Plus, it'll be fun to see if they vacate this thing.

There are three types of people who hate Calipari:

1. The Jealous
2. The Phony
3. The Dumb

Last night, Calipari cemented himself as one of the very great college coaches of all-time. What he did at UMass when he was in his early freakin' 30's was extraordinary. His job at Memphis State was nearly as impressive. Now at UK, he turned a downtrodden former powerhouse back into the kings of college basketball - three seasons, three Top 5 finishes, including two Final Fours and a national championship.

How many people could have accomplished what Calipari has in his career so far? Are there any?

If Bobby Knight thinks you are slime then you are slime. I don't defend people that are slime.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I dunno, Bees. We're talking about a guy (Knight) that physically assaults players and students, bullies everyone in his presence, and once told Connie Chung "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."

There are three types of people who hate Calipari:

1. The Jealous
2. The Phony
3. The Dumb

Last night, Calipari cemented himself as one of the very great college coaches of all-time. What he did at UMass when he was in his early freakin' 30's was extraordinary. His job at Memphis State was nearly as impressive. Now at UK, he turned a downtrodden former powerhouse back into the kings of college basketball - three seasons, three Top 5 finishes, including two Final Fours and a national championship.

How many people could have accomplished what Calipari has in his career so far? Are there any?

LOL.

I dunno, Bees. We're talking about a guy (Knight) that physically assaults players and students, bullies everyone in his presence, and once told Connie Chung "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."

Knight was a bully and had an over the top temper. But he was still probably, one of the cleanest, if not the cleanest, coach ever.

So which one of the three options did you choose?

You don't have to like the man, but he gets it done. No one can deny that he's a great coach.

That has cheated everyplace he has been like Lou Holtz. So I choose option 4.

Where has he done so much good as to outweigh the risk taken by one and done players who played for him and were not ready to jump ship early.

Are you saying Calipari forces kids to leave after one season? You think he told Eric Bledsoe or Daniel Orton that they weren't welcomed back? Ridiculous.

Do you blame Boeheim for Donte Greene jumping too early?

That has cheated everyplace he has been like Lou Holtz. So I choose option 4.

Ah yes, he cheats.

You sound like every poster on HoyaTalk talking about Boeheim.

Ah yes, he cheats.

You sound like every poster on HoyaTalk talking about Boeheim.

Name the only coach to have had final 4 appearances vacated at 2 different schools. Calipari. You also need to go back and read Zoo's post of his personal experience also.

So which one of the three options did you choose?

You don't have to like the man, but he gets it done. No one can deny that he's a great coach.
It has been said before, but I'll say it again: Calipari is a great Salesman, not a great Coach.

Name the only coach to have had final 4 appearances vacated at 2 different schools. Calipari. You also need to go back and read Zoo's post of his personal experience also.

The NCAA vacating anything is complete BS. We know that based on our 1990 Lacrosse championship. There's no proof in either instance that Calipari was cheating. If he was really cheating, then the NCAA sure as hell wouldn't allow him to be coaching right now.

I read Zoo's post, I don't need to read it again. Calipari is dirty because he's recruited some head cases? What does that make Boeheim? Did Deshaun Williams or Damone Brown grow as young men?

Division 1 college basketball has become a big business, that's the way it is. If people don't like that, then they should follow women's or DIII.

The NCAA vacating anything is complete BS. We know that based on our 1990 Lacrosse championship. There's no proof in either instance that Calipari was cheating. If he was really cheating, then the NCAA sure as hell wouldn't allow him to be coaching right now.

I read Zoo's post, I don't need to read it again. Calipari is dirty because he's recruited some head cases? What does that make Boeheim? Did Deshaun Williams or Damone Brown grow as young men?

Division 1 college basketball has become a big business, that's the way it is. If people don't like that, then they should follow women's or DIII.

Yes, poor poor John. Such bad luck at UMass and Memphis to have that happen. BTW, Zoo's post has nothing to do with headcases. It has to do with a salesman who lies to kids and gives them unrealistic hopes.

PS: The NCAA has allowed plenty of coaches who cheated at one time or another or even systemically (Holtz...every school) to continue to coach. Only a couple have ever been shut down.

BTW, Zoo's post has nothing to do with headcases.

The good kids will make something of themselves.. the head cases are not getting their lives pointed in the right direction. Bledsoe, Cousins, Orton.. did Cal really help them in their journey? No.. just a good sales pitch.

Yea, I misworded that. Should have been more like taking advantage of them.

I'm not going to defend Calipari, he obviously walks a tightrope in terms of rules and ethics. But I've heard him speak and he's one of, if not the most, charismatic guys in sports I've ever seen. It doesn't surprise me that he lands crazy talent, the guy was born to recruit.

And let me ask you guys this... Let's say SU doesn't suspend Fab and we win the title. Then 2 years from now it's revealed that he was actually ineligible and we have to vacate the title. Would you make that trade?

Maybe I'm a soulless monster, but I would. In a heartbeat.

To Kentucky and their fans. Wish it was us playing them tonight, but it wasn't meant to be. Love them or hate them, they had a hell of a season and Davis was a beast.
They're an impressive team, no doubt. They were breathtaking defensively and offensively at times and pretty much steamrolled their opponents. Kansas was playing very well coming in and never really was in the game last night. The best team entering the tournament won and that doesn't always happen in this format.

i did mention head cases but only in the context that cal brought them in, got what we needed from them and happily guided them to a first round exit.. if thats what you want to take from my post a the only key element then so be it. as someone who came from dirt and made something of myself.. it strikes a chord encountering what i did personally with one of his former players. There are a lot of slimeballs who can lay on the charm in front of the camera and make you believe every sugar coated word. I will not share details of what i know but all i can say is for those who respect him as a good ambassador and leader for young people are all buying the sales pitch hook line and sinker. He had a good group of kids with immense talent this year, and the 2nd and 3rd best teams were down key players. good for the kids and good for uk.. cal is garbage.. the type of guy who keeps in touch with people who benefit him and closes the door on those who dont.

It's not just the vacated titles. What about Eric Bledsoe magically going from a miserable student to a qualifier. Why was there smoke around Davis, and why would the Chicago paper refuse to back down if it was false? How about Enes Kanter? Obviously he wasn't allowed to play, but it didn't seem like Calipari cared about trying to skate past rules there. If there was one incident, whether it was Camby or Rose, that can be explained, but when there's smoke surrounding a coach's programs on a year-in, year-out basis, you have to believe that there is a fire somewhere.

i did mention head cases but only in the context that cal brought them in, got what we needed from them and happily guided them to a first round exit.. if thats what you want to take from my post a the only key element then so be it. as someone who came from dirt and made something of myself.. it strikes a chord encountering what i did personally with one of his former players. There are a lot of slimeballs who can lay on the charm in front of the camera and make you believe every sugar coated word. I will not share details of what i know but all i can say is for those who respect him as a good ambassador and leader for young people are all buying the sales pitch hook line and sinker. He had a good group of kids with immense talent this year, and the 2nd and 3rd best teams were down key players. good for the kids and good for uk.. cal is garbage.. the type of guy who keeps in touch with people who benefit him and closes the door on those who dont.

Who says he's a good ambassador? All I said was he's a great coach.

Besides, I wouldn't consider one kid out of hundreds a sufficient sample size.

Regardless - I really don't care, I have no connection or anything to Calipari. All I know is he's a great coach and people are always going to hate successful people when that success doesn't benefit them directly.

fair enough .. i wont disagree he is a good coach .. but great? lets see him mold a team of borderline pros with only one or two surefire nba talents and do it consistently. you cannot talk calipari without going into recruiting and how he builds teams... i would like to see how many good coaches couldnt win with 6 first rounders. i am right there with the rest of you in bring soulless... october can hurry its ass up so we can get back to cuse hoops.

fair enough .. i wont disagree he is a good coach .. but great? lets see him mold a team of borderline pros with only one or two surefire nba talents and do it consistently. you cannot talk calipari without going into recruiting and how he builds teams... i would like to see how many good coaches couldnt win with 6 first rounders. i am right there with the rest of you in bring soulless... october can hurry its ass up so we can get back to cuse hoops.

And what do you call what he did at UMASS? That program was before he got there.

The guy's an absolutely phenomenal coach, and he has the added ability, like a Phil Jackson, to know how to maintain egos and coach superstars. That's a very overlooked talent.

ok then cal is a collegiate phil jackson .. i relent your right .. the cal believers must be correct on this one... satisfied?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom