Congratulations Coaches Pasqualoni and DeLeone | Syracusefan.com

Congratulations Coaches Pasqualoni and DeLeone

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Clearly Fordham offerred little competition.

But P and D achieved what they always sought at SU - 200 yards rushing and 200 yards passing.

They ran the option at the goal line very effectively. The analyst, Christian Furia of Colorado, said "I have watched that play run by DeLeone thousands of times while preparing to take on Syracuse."

The Huskies used three QBs, including a frosh who ran the wildcat and threw a 55 yard TD pass of play action catching the Rams off guard.

The use of a designated running back is a reminder of Doug Womack.

and Coach P announced who the starting QB was one hour before game time.

But P and D achieved what they always sought at SU - 200 yards rushing and 200 yards passing.

They ran the option at the goal line very effectively. The analyst, Christian Furia of Colorado, said "I have watched that play run by DeLeone thousands of times while preparing to take on Syracuse."

The Huskies used three QBs, including a frosh who ran the wildcat and threw a 55 yard TD pass of play action catching the Rams off guard.

Yet another public service announcement from HuskyPA. Thank you.

Yet another public service announcement from HuskyPA. Thank you.
Yep, that ship has sailed. It has been discussed to death.

Congratulatory remarks have a place ... on The Boneyard. Not here. P&D deserve great respect for their years of service to Syracuse. But now, they are the enemy. I hope they lose all their games.

That is all.

Great seeing you at the tailgate. Their offensive numbers were D's "perfect game". 2 to 1 rushing attempts to pass attempts, almost 50/50 split in yardage. 10+ per pass, almost 20 per catch.

Anybody who resents those guys having success just don't get it.

Not sure if I fall under the category of "anybody," but I don't resent P&D. They brought a great deal of success to the Orange over the years. Were P the head coach at any non-Big East school not named Penn State, Notre Dame or Boston College, I'd wish him great continued success. However, he happens to be coaching at a school with whom we have a long-standing basketball rivalry and which competes for recruits, etc. with Syracuse.

Therefore, I now wish them only slightly more success than the Scarlet Blight in Piscataway. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Wow -- hyping a win over Fordham. Hehehe. This board is going to be very interesting as we get closer to the UConn game.

Great seeing you at the tailgate. Their offensive numbers were D's "perfect game". 2 to 1 rushing attempts to pass attempts, almost 50/50 split in yardage. 10+ per pass, almost 20 per catch.

I don't resent "them" from having success. But they are now at a conference foe and I hope they fall flat on their faces. We shouldn't root anymore for UConn just because they are there. That is just silly.

I don't resent "them" from having success. But they are now at a conference foe and I hope they fall flat on their faces. We shouldn't root anymore for UConn just because they are there. That is just silly.
Exactly what Bees said. Why would anyone celebrate their success. They did very good while they were here. Now they coach for one of our biggest rivals. Man lands on moon. Time to put your members only jacket away.

Yeah, good for UConn...

That's one more win in their column for end of season bowl consideration.

They are a conference rival. In my opinion, if you are not wishing them ill, then you don't get it.

Posts like these are causing the resentment... not P and D themselves. They are gone. Let's move on. If some fans want to follow them now, fine, but it gets old trying to "teach" everyone else how we should have cherished them more than we did. Even the PS is publishing results of their games as if they were Cornell or something. It's ridiculous.

And for the record, I loved coach P and D's teams and respected them both as coaches.

Exactly what Bees said. Why would anyone celebrate their success. They did very good while they were here. Now they coach for one of our biggest rivals. Man lands on moon. Time to put your members only jacket away.

Believe me, there isn't a UK fan today rooting for Rick Pitino in Louisville.

Let's make a deal... Keel this thread going all year for any and all Coach P talk. That way those that wish to engage (not me) have a place to do so, and those that do not (me) know what thread to avoid.

Shake?

Let's make a deal... Keel this thread going all year for any and all Coach P talk. That way those that wish to engage (not me) have a place to do so, and those that do not (me) know what thread to avoid.

Shake?
agree 100%

This is a pretty ridiculous comment, not even sure what the basis is for it.

Since throwing around such comments is in play, I think analyzing their opener against a 1AA team (that's barely competitive in 1AA) is weird.

This is a pretty ridiculous comment, not even sure what the basis is for it.

Since throwing around such comments is in play, I think analyzing their opener against a 1AA team (that's barely competitive in 1AA) is weird.

Really odd, considering people are hyped about teams losing that we don't play this year, yet a former coach beats up on a 1-AA and that's cause for a toast. Too bad those couldn't do that to the Temples of the world at the end here.

Good to see the same old stuff transitioning to the new site.

Gotta say the fact that P and D are at Uconn means absolutely nothing to me. I will still root for them in the non-conference as I did with all of the Big East teams this weekend just because the conference needs to regain its credibility. However, i still despise everything that is Uconn. Coach Mac could be their coach and I would still hate them. They are our rival and we need our recruiting base back. .

I'm really looking forward to the SU-UCONN game. It will be a blast to be able to predict the upcoming play with 100% accuracy again. It's the small things you miss, you know?

I also have a chart that I use like a bingo card. It helps me keep track of how many formations the same play can be run from. Those zany multiple formations - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.:rolleyes:

Hope they completely fail because of where they landed, but they got the 2nd chance they deserved and it's probably the best conceivable fit.

YOU WERE RIGHT but it's a new board, perfect time for everyone to move on and let this die out.

Believe me, there isn't a UK fan today rooting for Rick Pitino in Louisville.
Actually, I root for Rick Pitino other than when he plays Syracuse.

He played an important role in the development of the modern SU Basketball Program when he arrived in 1977, including bringing Louis Orr to Syracuse University.

He was a good guy when he was here and left his mark on the program. That's good enough for me.

Actually, I root for Rick Pitino other than when he plays Syracuse.

He played an important role in the development of the modern SU Basketball Program when he arrived in 1977, including bringing Louis Orr to Syracuse University.

He was a good guy when he was here and left his mark on the program. That's good enough for me.

He said KENTUCKY FANS. So you like UConn AND Kentucky now OrangePA? What other blue as a primary color teams do you fancy? Duke? I don't disagree with anything above, but you missed the point with RP. However, I can attest that the post above is wrong. You can find one or maybe ever 5...in the Commonwealth of 4+ million.

I understand you revere both P and D, but is this really necessary after a win over a Patriot League team?

If they had a huge upset win, a bowl win, great season, etc, I can understand giving them a shout out...but what on earth motivates you to make a post like this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom