Consensus | Syracusefan.com

Consensus

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
I was not really able to follow today… so what’s the consensus?

Did we hit what was to be expected? Any surprises? Positive vibes?

I was happy. Expected 10 players and we got 14 today Including a couple of real nice flips, a transfer and a punter out of Australia who committed in November but we kept it under wraps.

Didn't lose anyone we expected.

3 surprises. Two 2022 signees, one transfer. All on the D.

The two signees brought us from the 80s to #67 (twofourseven), #69 (giggle, r!vals).

As a former boss told me long ago after a promotion where the salary increase kinda sucked, "hey, it's better than a sharp stick in the eye"

I was happy. Expected 10 players and we got 14 today Including a couple of real nice flips, a transfer and a punter out of Australia who committed in November but we kept it under wraps.
That’s good news, as long as we’re + in the numbers and not getting undercut, have to trust the staff.

Was pleasantly surprised with the unexpected additions (im off the pay board, inflation and such).

I won’t be excited or happy really at all until a QB is landed, but we don’t have an OC so well there’s that.

Not a shiny class but there’s some pieces.

Dino and the staff did a lot of work the past couple (?) weeks to make sure the verbal commits were still committed.
After the past few weeks and all the upheaval with the portal and fired coaches, I think that’s impressive. Gives me hope that they’re moving in a positive direction and that they can recruit under tough circumstances.

I always feel a little extra hopeful on early signing day but this year I actually think they’re recruiting their butts off.

In general, a positive day. Didn't lose anybody, got a key transfer, one flip, and sort-of a surprise commit.

We need more positive days, though, to stop the downward spiral of this program. But, for one day, there is/was hope. At least, more hope than yesterday.

We need to judiciously add legit contributors from the portal. Michigan State did it last year. Dino needs just that sort of success rate to have a fighting chance to save his job.

Have to feel good about today and where we stand with uncommitted high schoolers and transfers heading into February signing day. The climb is still there but we are in much better position than we thought we might be
Agree. This is a tough job with the uncertainty but think we got some high end, impact guys, especially in areas of need.

Need to close and finish strong but can’t doubt the effort on recruiting end last month.

Didn't lose anyone we expected.

3 surprises. Two 2022 signees, one transfer. All on the D.

The two signees brought us from the 80s to #67 (twofourseven), #69 (giggle, r!vals).

As a former boss told me long ago after a promotion where the salary increase kinda sucked, "hey, it's better than a sharp stick in the eye"
Did we ever work together?

Since trailing camp, we’ve lost far more than we’ve gained on a pure numbers basis.

The off-season has gotten far more intense than ever before. The OC needs to be the unlock to padding the numbers and the impact players.

So, I can't follow recruiting as closely as some on here. Who's expected to make an immediately impact? I assume the S from Louiville is one. Anyone else? Who expected to enroll in January?

Something to look for…..coaches leaving us now that signing day is over.
Seems like Lynch, Monroe, and Achuff are the best bets. Haven't heard anything from Chip West.

I think considering the circumstances, we did as well as we could to this point on the Defensive side of the ball. This class is very thin on the offensive side of the ball.

So, I can't follow recruiting as closely as some on here. Who's expected to make an immediately impact? I assume the S from Louiville is one. Anyone else? Who expected to enroll in January?

Per Bailey at 247 (free NSD Live Update article) and McAllister (SI free clicking on every player), the following are early enrollees:

LB Mekhi Mason - 247 and SI

DB Dom Foster - 247 and SI

DB Cornell Perry - 247 and SI

Transfer S Bralyn Oliver - 247

DE Denis Jacquez - SI

WR Donovan Brown - 247 (comments) and SI

Immediate impact usually comes from the above, so I will go with Jacquez. Position of need and video is the epitome of scheme fit.

Per Bailey at 247 (free NSD Live Update article) and McAllister (SI free clicking on every player), the following are early enrollees:

LB Mekhi Mason - 247 and SI

DB Dom Foster - 247 and SI

DB Cornell Perry - 247 and SI

Transfer S Bralyn Oliver - 247

DE Denis Jacquez - SI

WR Donovan Brown - 247 (comments) and SI

Immediate impact usually comes from the above, so I will go with Jacquez. Position of need and video is the epitome of scheme fit.
Thanks

BC claims they got a top 25 class. Is this true
How many players did they sign and how far will they drop when teams behind them sign better players during the late signing period?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom