Controversial end-game call seals Ole Miss loss to Tennessee | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Controversial end-game call seals Ole Miss loss to Tennessee

It's pretty much what the NBA has done. It's possible.
No, it’s not. So you’re essentially outlawing the zone.

Duke in bounds the ball from the baseline to a corner against us. Battle and Brissett converge...which player can draw the charge and which one can’t.

If you want to outlaw the charge altogether, that’s a different story.
All contact is a block - I could live with that. But different defenders can’t havevdifferent rules in this case.

Most, if not all secondary defenders, are not playing defense. They are establishing a wall for the offensive player to attempt to go around/through after they have successfully beaten the primary defender through an actual basketball play. It's why they keep tweaking the rule and moving the semi-circle away. And why the euro-step, which is often just a third step, has become vogue and the near or actual travel allowed to protect both players.

I don't think euro steps have any connection to player safety.

Anyway, this guy was not the secondary defender because there was no primary defender. #1 was running down the court in the general area of the ball handler, guarding air. That's the best way I could describe it. The ball handler didn't even put a move on him to get open.

No, it’s not. So you’re essentially outlawing the zone.

Duke in bounds the ball from the baseline to a corner against us. Battle and Brissett converge...which player can draw the charge and which one can’t.

If you want to outlaw the charge altogether, that’s a different story.
All contact is a block - I could live with that. But different defenders can’t havevdifferent rules in this case.

Actually, I'd argue in the corner trap situation that both players have established legal guarding position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom