Cooney expectations | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Cooney expectations

Gotta disagree dion kicked his defense up a notch last season unmatched by anyone, although triche is no slouch, hes solid as well, but best overall i think not moqui balls.
Dion was out of position as often as not, a typical result of gambling for steals

Dion was out of position as often as not, a typical result of gambling for steals
Steals are a result of gambling for the most part. Out of position? We can agree to disagree on that.

Steals are a result of gambling for the most part. Out of position? We can agree to disagree on that.
I don't "agree to disagree," that's a cop out. Dion was very good when he wanted to be, but he gambled too much, he leaked out early too often, and he was frequently out of position. Good defense in the zone is often not flashy - it's positioning and rotations, not simply the steals and blocks that they create.

Hows it a cop out, i will never agree with your statement. You see it different from me.

I don't "agree to disagree," that's a cop out. Dion was very good when he wanted to be, but he gambled too much, he leaked out early too often, and he was frequently out of position. Good defense in the zone is often not flashy - it's positioning and rotations, not simply the steals and blocks that they create.

I agree with this as well. Triche had more tipped passes than anyone else last year as well. He always had the ability to get his hands into the passing lane. Other guys got the steal credit, but it was started in many cases by Triche.

I think you hit the nail on the head with your flashy reference. True, Triche didn't elevate like Dion to get the big block, but Dion also only pulled that out on rare occasions. But we always remember those. I'll take the guy in position who keeps the ball from entering the middle everytime.

Just wondering what you guys are expecting from him stat wise. I'm expecting 7 ppg, avg 2 threes made per game, 2 assists. And balls out hustle.
Hell, we haven't even gotten that out of Triche through his first 3 years. Why would we even remotely expect it out of a young kid playing his first Big East action? Getting 12 pts per game out of him wouldn't just be lucky, it would be hitting-the-megamillions-lucky.
Sounds good to me 40% is a killer stat for the good guys . Thats us FYI.:rolling:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom