Cooney Is The Difference Maker | Syracusefan.com

Cooney Is The Difference Maker

Making shots certainly makes the game a lot easier for everyone. Grant was outstanding today as well, but CJ seems to be still searching for his shot. If we can get all three going at the same time, along with the mastery that is Tyler Ennis, we will be rolling.

Making shots certainly makes the game a lot easier for everyone. Grant was outstanding today as well, but CJ seems to be still searching for his shot. If we can get all three going at the same time, along with the mastery that is Tyler Ennis, we will be rolling.
Great post plus through in the fact we need something out the center position besides the constant foul trouble Rak and/or BMK get into game after game. It's just mind boggling.

Throw away all analysis and psychobabble. We are a different team when Trevor Cooney makes some shots.

He just has to be pretty good for Syracuse to be very good. #difference-maker
Matt Park‏@MattPark1
Sorry, meant to include L at UVa (12). SU is 24-1 when Cooney scores 8 points. 3-4 in other games. @Gelmel724

Great post plus through in the fact we need something out the center position besides the constant foul trouble Rak and/or BMK get into game after game. It's just mind boggling.
I thought keita played well, caught a pass at his feet held onto his rebounds blocked a shot and recovered it, I mean the fans call him hands of stone, and I don't recall him turning the ball over, might b wrong that

I thought keita played well, caught a pass at his feet held onto his rebounds blocked a shot and recovered it, I mean the fans call him hands of stone, and I don't recall him turning the ball over, might b wrong that
His block in the 2nd half after the wmu guy got Jerami on the shot fake was a monster

Maybe I'm wrong. I love Grant but I thought if he was iffy today; he had a few nice plays but he seemed tentative on offense and wasn't super active on the glass. He was still solid, but I thought he could have plaeyd way better. I'm probably being picky though.

Maybe I'm wrong. I love Grant but I thought if he was iffy today; he had a few nice plays but he seemed tentative on offense and wasn't super active on the glass. He was still solid, but I thought he could have plaeyd way better. I'm probably being picky though.

I think you are wrong. Grant played very well. He attacked the rim and finished and he didnt take ill-advised shots. He also hustled and got after loose balls.

And he looked healthy.

Cooney/Grant/Ennis with CJ as the other guy make the offense title worthy. CJ putting up a ton of jumpers and playing one on one and we hope the other team cant shoot. Whole team played better today and Mike G was aggressive off the bounce. Lots of good things to push us forward. Felt like a heavy weight was lifted and the team played as such. Think CJ might be realizing the offensive glass and attacking open lanes has to be his game. CJ played a great under control 2nd half.

I think you are wrong. Grant played very well. He attacked the rim and finished and he didnt take ill-advised shots. He also hustled and got after loose balls.

And he looked healthy.

and he actually attacked quite a few times without hitting the deck ( vs 100 pct of the time).

No, he was solid today.

But, the fact we're jumping up and down excited that he is making basic plays like a rebound and a putback dunk tells us who he really is.
I knew people would get ultra-defensive on this post but its pretty true.

Keita looked like last years tourney Keita which is huge! That being said, the chat room, myself included, went nuts when he got a clean rebound without bobbling lol.

Cooney/Grant/Ennis with CJ as the other guy make the offense title worthy. CJ putting up a ton of jumpers and playing one on one and we hope the other team cant shoot. Whole team played better today and Mike G was aggressive off the bounce. Lots of good things to push us forward. Felt like a heavy weight was lifted and the team played as such. Think CJ might be realizing the offensive glass and attacking open lanes has to be his game. CJ played a great under control 2nd half.

Great post. I did think CJ had a few forces and didn't bring his A game...but then again, I never felt threatened today, so I'm happy our entire team wasn't lights out.

Ennis could have gotten to the rim at will if he really wanted to with the attention Cooney was getting in the 2nd half... that should help us against Daytons aggressive mtm.

He's Greg to me for the rest of the tournament.

I
I'll take 3 out of 4. Its been awhile to even see that.

Grant set the tone early that WMU had no answer for him.

I think Rak watched Requiem for the BE and was inspired to copy Ewing's goal-tending display

The only one who makes as many or more foolish fouls than Roc is Silent G.

I hear what you are saying, but Rak gets called for everything he does out there somedays. Regardless of whether or not it actually was a foul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom