Cooney Sucks {this got past the censor} | Syracusefan.com

Cooney Sucks {this got past the censor}

Nicknack

All Conference
SHUT UP!

Doesn't this game prove it by now?????

This is only directed towards (hopefully) a minority here, but I've gotten tired of the criticism he's received this year and tonight it showed BLATANTLY how important he is to the team. Yeah, of course, I and all of us expected him to be shooting more consistently from the three. However, what he does in all other phases... who else plays as hard as this guy? Also, he showed many other ways to get points when they were desperately needed.

I feel for KJo, because having Cooney basically take over the PG role in the last 10 minutes or so of the game was probably very tough for him from a confidence stand point. However, Cooney showed he is reliable and won't make What turnovers like what we saw throughout the first and part of the second half. How he assumed that role showed a lot in terms of his confidence, maturity and ability.

I just hope fans keep in perspective how hard he plays and how important he is to this team's success this year. It isn't by dumb luck that our hall of fame coach gives him the minutes he does and relies on him when the game is on the line.

He had a very good game, but this should be expected from a 4th year Junior who plays 35+ minutes a game. Just like there shouldn't be numerous threads bashing him when he plays bad, we also shouldn't have to run to his defense when he has a good game. This should be expected. And who cares about how hard he plays? Everyone plays hard. He doesn't play that much harder then everyone else.

He had a very good game, but this should be expected from a 4th year Junior who plays 35+ minutes a game. Just like there shouldn't be numerous threads bashing him when he plays bad, we also shouldn't have to run to his defense when he has a good game. This should be expected. And who cares about how hard he plays? Everyone plays hard. He doesn't play that much harder then everyone else.

correct.

btw, you can save this exact post for Roberson next year

Yeah, I think these threads kind of hinder more than help Cooney. OMG, Cooney had a good game, SUCK IT YOU LOSERS!

It just sort of perpetuates the overreactions. If he plays bad again you best not complain if people take as definitive proof that he is unreliable.

Yeah, I think these threads kind of hinder more than help Cooney. OMG, Cooney had a good game, SUCK IT YOU LOSERS!

It just sort of perpetuates the overreactions. If he plays bad again you best not complain if people take as definitive proof that he is unreliable.

The thing is, even if he plays 3 games and none of them are what you would call "bad", he's "still not a D1 player", "Buss or BJ should have his minutes", etc etc,, you know the drill. The people who stick up for him are going to continue to, no matter what, the people that trash him are going to continue to, no matter what.

The thing is, even if he plays 3 games and none of them are what you would call "bad", he's "still not a D1 player", "Buss or BJ should have his minutes", etc etc,, you know the drill. The people who stick up for him are going to continue to, no matter what, the people that trash him are going to continue to, no matter what.

Eh, the D1 comments are pretty worthless. He's obviously a D1 player. :)

As to the rest, he's a victim of unfortunate circumstances. We're so dependent on his three point shoting that he's always focused upon in all regards. Anything less than good shooting will put us in a huge bind. He looked good today going to the hoop, but I still think that's an aspect of his game I haven't seen show up against better teams yet.

Also, he has to shoot better than he has (tonight was a great start) - fans can take an off night, but not extended stretches. Especially on a team desperate for shooting. It's a lot of pressure on him though.

It'll be interesting to see how things progress once ACC play starts.

I have been down on Trevor for the last two years. Tonight he played very well. Played like a leader and was a major reason we won the game. Also he seemed to thrive on having the ball in his hands tonight. Not sure but is there any chance we see more of this.

The unfortunate truth is that with a divisive kid like Trevor (and lord knows why some kids become so divisive), every game, no matter what happens, some people are going to be watching for mistakes so they can pounce on them and criticize, and others are going to be watching for good plays so they can pounce on them and rub them in the faces of the detractors.

If sports fandom were politics, I'd be wishing we were all moderates who straddle the party lines.

I appreciate your perspective and you have a good point. However, my stance, and reason for the post, is because I've gotten so tired of fans pointing to him as the the problem and how someone else should have his minutes. Who else has shown that they can do what he does? NO ONE. I wish, and I really do, that this wasn't the case. I'm not a dire-hard TC fan. I'm an SU fanatic. I've just gotten tired of a guy who has gotten beaten up in the media and forums while there is no better answer at the current time and this didn't just come from after one game against LT.

As for him not playing any harder than any other player, as another poster commented... I don't know. Look closely, and I mean really closely at every minute of play during the game. Go back, watch video if you need to, because I have. To say that everyone plays with the same amount of effort is being naive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom