Fran Brown passed his first real test | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown passed his first real test

GTech tried everything and failed. They tried to play zone, cover 2, tried some man coverage, tried to blitz from the outside, sent everyone a couple plays and got torched. McCord is a freaking professional. The only team stopping the Syracuse offense is the Syracuse offense. We have some special talent right now.
I think everyone on the team has realized Kyle McCord is their leader and backs it up with perfectly thrown passes and a brain that's football smart I don't think our OL is going to let anyone near him, he is a great QB.

Ignore button Mike. You’ll thank me.

I had to go back and look at who the reference was too……. And yes, that ignore button has been glorious for a couple people and tep nailed that one.

No. They weren’t. As evidenced by this weeks results.

Or you can continue addressing problems that don’t exist.
Did you know special teams was a problem last week? Or did it take seeing additional evidence to shift your outlook?

Last week the run defense was bad, it was not wrong be concerned. This week it looked better so people’s thoughts on the grouping have changed.

The know-it-all, never wrong stuff - not interested lol.
That’s exactly what Mike is doing, but I get it you don’t like me so that magically makes me wrong in every situation.

That’s exactly what Mike is doing, but I get it you don’t like me so that magically makes me wrong in every situation.
No it's just that you almost never say anything positive, you must have a miserable life being so negative.
Have a great day.

No it's just that you almost never say anything positive, you must have a miserable life being so negative.
Have a great day.
I’ve said plenty positive, especially considering the play is matching expectations. Recognizing that it was not a bad take to think the defense was in trouble after last week isn’t negative, it’s exactly how most felt. I think you are all a bit too sensitive about people who have different opinions. I assumed adults were capable of recognizing flaws in things, even those that they like and root for, but I guess not. If there were no issues on the team, they’d be winning the championship every year.

And my life is quite great actually, and I credit it to my ability to not attach my personality and feelings to the perception others have of a team whom I don’t play for.

IMG_2004.jpeg

UNLV just laid 72 on Utah St yesterday. That ain't nothin'.
If nothing else, I would think we'd have learned from GT's attitude in our game that underestimating an opponent in their own stadium is bad mojo.
Well I know Fran and the team won’t overlook it. That’s what matters most :D

Well I know Fran and the team won’t overlook it. That’s what matters most :D
You're so right! Feeling really blessed having him as a coach. Imagine how the players feel.

If nothing else, I would think we'd have learned from GT's attitude in our game that underestimating an opponent in their own stadium is bad mojo.
Yep they’re not gonna underestimate them, but the whole Vegas thing, pro stadium thing, goo goo ga ga with all of it, combined with theyre a good team, I got this game as an L in my preseason progs.

The good news is I may be wrong with this staff and senior leaders combined with mccords ability.

Um, not exactly.

Utah State is having a rough start to the season, but usually has a winning football program and regularly puts guys in the NFL. But UNLV didn't play Utah State.

UNLV put 72 points on Utah Tech. Utah Tech is an FCS school. And a non-competitive one at that. UNLV could have played their third string and walk-ons and would have soundly beaten them.

72 points sounds like a lot, and it is, and they set a school record for yardage. But my friends, Utah Tech was never going to offer resistance. UNLV didn't learn anything. They had a practice that counts toward their bowl eligibility.

I know the Marrone haters will cringe, but I think Fran has a bit of Marrone in him, just in one important area: being prepared for his first head coaching gig: notebooks full of info,worked under championship coaches, ready for the gig. No other way are they alike, to be clear
NFL guys generally out coach college guys

Yeah Fran and team showed well today and the score is not really indicative of how we really took GT behind the woodshed today.
One key stat: Syracuse time of possession over 36 minutes. - GT -23 minutes. Absolutely outmatched them for all but the last 8 minutes. Without ST miscues, this game would not have been close. Fran and team showed great grit though in the final 2 minutes. Great job by staff and players. Oh and GT!
The remarkable aspect of that TOP stat is that SU managed it with a pass-heavy offense - clock stops more. The GT defense was visibly a little gassed by the 4th quarter.

Um, not exactly.

Utah State is having a rough start to the season, but usually has a winning football program and regularly puts guys in the NFL. But UNLV didn't play Utah State.

UNLV put 72 points on Utah Tech. Utah Tech is an FCS school. And a non-competitive one at that. UNLV could have played their third string and walk-ons and would have soundly beaten them.

72 points sounds like a lot, and it is, and they set a school record for yardage. But my friends, Utah Tech was never going to offer resistance. UNLV didn't learn anything. They had a practice that counts toward their bowl eligibility.
Lol
Hey, practice counts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom