Fran Brown passed his first real test | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown passed his first real test

Dj Khaled Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

Yeah Fran and team showed well today and the score is not really indicative of how we really took GT behind the woodshed today.
One key stat: Syracuse time of possession over 36 minutes. - GT -23 minutes. Absolutely outmatched them for all but the last 8 minutes. Without ST miscues, this game would not have been close. Fran and team showed great grit though in the final 2 minutes. Great job by staff and players. Oh and GT!

My primary reaction is just Wow!! We have a lot of playmakers. McCord & Nixon are spreading the ball around, giving us a memorable offense. I love this win. SU has been a punching bag in the ACC and I would be very pleased to even the score a bit. Great offense with a defense that played good enough. Without their special teams play, they’d have been embarrassed. Great win…

The pass protection so far looks pretty good, and McCord is smart enough to make quick reads and dump it fast. He's really good.

I just don't think teams are going to be able to go super blitz heavy and tee off on McCord. Between his ability, Haynes/Hatcher/Meeks outside, Gadsden going Gadsden things and Pena doing Pena things, plus LQA and Nixon showing ability catching passes out of the backfield, there's a lot of risk to sending guys at McCord.

We're not used to that, honestly.

GTech tried everything and failed. They tried to play zone, cover 2, tried some man coverage, tried to blitz from the outside, sent everyone a couple plays and got torched. McCord is a freaking professional. The only team stopping the Syracuse offense is the Syracuse offense. We have some special talent right now.

Pitt's got some issues.

UNLV, I'm not sure how good they are. But road games are challenging.

I think we'll beat UNLV. And not just because I'm going to that one.
UNLV is horrible, I'm guessing their power 5 victories in the past 25 years is less than 5.

Totally a guess. Could be 10 for all I know, but every game I went to there was no expectation of victory.

McCord is excellent. He makes plays and he trusts his guys to make plays. When the announcers said late this was the biggest play of the game, can you think of a better set of guys to have than McCord and Gadsden?
For years now SU has played top teams, would make it close and just need one big stop. Those other teams would have a guy that everyone knew the ball was going to on the big play and it didn’t matter - the guy would make the play.

It’s nice to finally have those dudes on our side again.

I kinda like the fact that GT made it close at the end.

HCFB will have their attention these next two weeks - they won't have a chance to sit back thinking how good they are.

LGO!!!

But they also get time to think about how good they can become.

All the hard work this summer got them off to a great start. Where can it go from here if they keep working?

112 rushing for GT. Where all the posters that had the vapors for no reason?

Lets see all those experts.
Yeah you won’t see them until the next bad loss or im sure they will be all over the special teams!

“ fran needs to take a long look at his special teams coach” god forbid they enjoy a great win for a first time head coach

Idk how you watch last week and pretend like it wasn’t the logical take.

Because one team has a RB that is a poor man’s Derrick Henry and it’s game 1. AND, we have an awesome O which alleviates pressure from the D.

If GT had a 230 pound back, sure. And even then you have to consider week 1 to 2.

Let's just hope that Brown, like Marrone doesn't try to make the NFL leap
Can you imagine him talking to Pros like he does to kids. I can't see it, he would hate it, but money and prestige is hard to turn down.

Because one team has a RB that is a poor man’s Derrick Henry and it’s game 1. AND, we have an awesome O which alleviates pressure from the D.

If GT had a 230 pound back, sure. And even then you have to consider week 1 to 2.
A poor man’s Derek Henry who was playing behind a Mac line and couldn’t consistently crack the 2 deep on a middle of the road P5 team.

Last week was bad, and people were right to be concerned

A poor man’s Derek Henry who was playing behind a Mac line and couldn’t consistently crack the 2 deep on a middle of the road P5 team.

Last week was bad, and people were right to be concerned

No. They weren’t. As evidenced by this weeks results.

Or you can continue addressing problems that don’t exist.

im an ohio st fan as well and when youre an ohio st fan you quickly realize they are a top 3 dumb fanbase
I’ve quickly picked up on that from Twitter. There’s about 10 brain cells total amongst that fanbase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom