Fran Brown passed his first real test | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown passed his first real test

Ignore button Mike. You’ll thank me.
I like Mike, I think he's pretty cool.

chuck norris approved GIF

There's a recent similiar cautionary tale about a certain FSU fan, solo cup, and canine excrement. The lesson being please also post this bet to X
Yeah, I'll stick to ass sweat.

So to be clear UNLV put 72 up not on Utah...not Utah State...but Utah Tech? So certainly Cal looks to be a challenge and let's see another game from UNLV before they get Cal status. Beating Utah tech is not the same category as Auburn.
Yep.

And you may be asking yourself, why haven't I ever heard of Utah Tech?

That's because as of recently Utah Tech used to be known as Dixie State University.

And you may then ask yourself, wait, Dixie State? But that sounds southern. There was a Dixie State in Utah?

And I don't really want to get into it, but... yeah.

Yep.

And you may be asking yourself, why haven't I ever heard of Utah Tech?

That's because as of recently Utah Tech used to be known as Dixie State University.

And you may then ask yourself, wait, Dixie State? But that sounds southern. There was a Dixie State in Utah?

And I don't really want to get into it, but... yeah.
Now if only Austin Peay changed their name so I would stop thinking they're in Texas that would be excellent.

First major step; first ACC game, ranked opponent at home. Seemingly unstoppable run game.

Held them to 112 yards on the ground and half of that was their QB.. mission accomplished.

At this rate we will be ranked in the month of September after suffering the worst bowl blowout in FBS history.

First major step; first ACC game, ranked opponent at home. Seemingly unstoppable run game.

Held them to 112 yards on the ground and half of that was their QB.. mission accomplished.

At this rate we will be ranked in the month of September after suffering the worst bowl blowout in FBS history.
The score also wasn't as close as it looked, this was the first time in 20 years I haven't been worried in a game like this.

Auburn quarterback is terrible and threw five interceptions. Cal certainly could beat us, but Auburn beat themselves and has a history of doing that against weaker competition. (and I still took them -10 1/2.)
5 picks!??? And cal barely won?

The score also wasn't as close as it looked, this was the first time in 20 years I haven't been worried in a game like this.
I was towards the end but I know what you mean; when we were up 31-14 in the fourth we were essentially blowing them out.

Now if only Austin Peay changed their name so I would stop thinking they're in Texas that would be excellent.
Learn something new everyday. Never bothered to ever inquire and always just assumed.

The portal changes everything, if you have a guy with the ability to use it. If this was post GRob, even Fran couldn't have turned things around fast.

Learn something new everyday. Never bothered to ever inquire and always just assumed.
I made that assumption as well until I heard it on a podcast when a basketball recruit flew to Austin TX on a recruiting visit and couldn't find the school in the 70s. At last we didn't book a flight. Lol

The portal changes everything, if you have a guy with the ability to use it. If this was post GRob, even Fran couldn't have turned things around fast.
Definitely would've been a 3 year turnaround for sure. But right guy, right time right circumstances. I've given the AD some ish in the past but this was the biggest homerun he could've hit.

Are there still fans wishing we hired Dan Mullen? So far, Fran Brown has done everything he said that he would do. This team looks way more capable than any team I have seen in the recent past, save maybe, our 10 win team. It is still early, but, McCord is a pro, and he has some weapons around him. the offensive line...What are your thoughts? McCord seems to get rid of the ball quickly...but teams are really going to start to throw pressure his way going forward. Overall, the issues I see with this team, are all fixable!! Let's go Orange!!!
Just for the Enterprise car rental deals we could get.

Definitely would've been a 3 year turnaround for sure. But right guy, right time right circumstances. I've given the AD some ish in the past but this was the biggest homerun he could've hit.
I imagine he would've done what he could with grad transfers but mostly recruited a new team as fast as possible through high school prospects. We would've been a young team that took it's lumps before maturing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom