Cooney was terrific in Atlantis | Syracusefan.com

Cooney was terrific in Atlantis

RF2044

Living Legend
Love this driving dimension to his game, as well as the complimentary ball handling.

Time for the Cooney-detractors--and you know who you are--to eat crow. This kid is a complete player this year.

G is a complete player. Lydon is a complete player. Trevor is gritty.

People go so over the top w Cooney praise lol.

His game seems to have really opened up now that he's not our designated 3 pt shooter.
And the kid is an iron-man - the number of minuted he plays and the energy he still puts out at the end of games is just unreal.

This team is good.. so many all around quality players. They shoot it well because of the passing and ball movement. I still think quite a few are underselling this team on the board but we do have a long ways to go. Its incredible to think how scary we would be with MD.

He is finally finishing at the rim.

He's driving, he's also dishing -- lots of people have complained that he was too one-dimensional, that they wished he could be more like Devendorf. Not saying he's that good taking it to the rim, but he is defnitely much improved. And adding that element to his game makes him more a more dangerous scorer, and makes him much more of a complete player as an off guard.

As has been pointed out in this thread and others, having numerous shooters out there in the lineup to space the floor has really helped Trevor and forces defenses to play us "honest."

Love this driving dimension to his game, as well as the complimentary ball handling.

Time for the Cooney-detractors--and you know who you are--to eat crow. This kid is a complete player this year.
And the Coleman detractors might want to keep their bibs handy as well.

30 seconds left in the game we are up by 9 and he drives into the lane full speed from 3 feet behind the three point line and puts his body into the defender who is in the circle to shoot 2.

He earned the right to airball those two foul shots instead of hitting front rim without a care in the world :p

Last edited:
By making this thread you give the Cooney critics more power when he inevitably returns back to his normal self.

Just a lousy post.

In actuality, people go so over the top w/ Cooney criticism that it is tiresome. Some even refuse to give him credit when he plays well. Case in point.

This is exactly how I feel. And many time I will admit I get frustrated by Trevor's play. But during this tournament he's been absolutely terrific.

You mean the agenda-driven Cooney critics who can't be objective? Let them eat cake.

I mean the people who look at sample sizes larger than 3 games. This happens every year. He plays poorly and people bash. He plays well and people anoint. Just let it be.

G is a complete player. Lydon is a complete player. Trevor is gritty.

People go so over the top w Cooney praise lol.
all of what u said was lost on the last line---cooney looks better this year than he ever has---better all around game and not trying to be mcnamara

Some have called me a Cooney critic. That's fine. I think he's taken some bad shots and has an unusually long leash from his coach and some of our fans.

That said, I really really like the way he's passing the ball this season. Such a huge improvement and hopefully a permanent part of his game. He's been very good overall.

I mean the people who look at sample sizes larger than 3 games. This happens every year. He plays poorly and people bash. He plays well and people anoint. Just let it be.

Who appointed you board moderator?

The kid is much better than a significant portion of the fanbase wishes to give him credit for. There's a difference between critiquing performance, not being happy with statistical performance, being displeased with the latitude he was given by the coaching staff, and bashing his game, versatility, and athleticism. All of which has happened with regularity throughout the kid's career here. Sit back and enjoy it--he and Gbinije are going to lead this team on a special ride.

I think I count as a detractor. :) Always happy to eat crow when one of our players does well. Cooney had a great tourney. He's a good player - he's always been capable of this. Hopefully, he, and the other keep playing this well. The chemistry has looked great, and TC has never played with so many other weapons capable of knocking down shots.

Still, not sure it's fair we always have to eat crow when when he does well, but during bad stretches, nobody has ever admitted they were wrong about his prowess. But every good game you see all the "in your face" posts. Which does make it seem odd. I mean, last year I remember dealing with all the posts guaranteeing me (others) we were crazy and that he would lead us in scoring...and it was ridiculous to assert otherwise. I never got no post-season crow for that!

It's that back and forth (that I'm always happy to participate in) that brings out some of the vitriol tbh. I never take offense, but it's quite clear a lot do on the other side for whatever reason. Obviously those in the middle can just laugh at all the rest. But, you see some of it in this thread - don't recall him missing at the rim? That's bananas. :)

Hats off though - he played very well.

Now I will exit this thread for a bit to prepare myself for the roasting...

Who appointed you board moderator?

The kid is much better than a significant portion of the fanbase wishes to give him credit for. There's a difference between critiquing performance, not being happy with statistical performance, being displeased with the latitude he was given by the coaching staff, and bashing his game, versatility, and athleticism. All of which has happened with regularity throughout the kid's career here. Sit back and enjoy it--he and Gbinije are going to lead this team on a special ride.

No one has appointed me moderator yet but it would be a good idea.

I'm not commentating on his play because it doesn't go anywhere. Just saying the back and forth after every game he has gets annoying in both directions.

By making this thread you give the Cooney critics more power when he inevitably returns back to his normal self.

"normal self" ? What does that mean? We are at game 8. I've seen TC make incredible steals, lots of 3s, hustles his butt off. I'm pretty sure he's going to be the same guy all season. Just what exactly are you seeing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom