Cornell Game Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Game Thread...

This team lacks a point guard.

Never thought we'd miss Kevin Rice so much.

But no one has filled that role.

Could have been Piroli, but it's clear his knee still isn't good.

Thought it might have been Evans, but he's soft and not a good passer.

Could have fooled me. Dejoe had an awful game What? was he doing taking that shot. God I miss Galasso
DeJoe is clueless out there. He is not a first-line middie, and at this point the reason I would want Piroli back so badly is so they could slide him in at attack, put Barber at middie and move DeJoe to second line. Also no Lane today, was at the game, didn't even see him on the sideline.

EMO unit was awful could have put a youth team out there and they would've been better. 0-4 is inexcusable.

Cornell goalie made 13 saves while Molloy had 6 thus somewhat negating the face-off advantage.

DeJoe is clueless out there. He is not a first-line middie, and at this point the reason I would want Piroli back so badly is so they could slide him in at attack, put Barber at middie and move DeJoe to second line. Also no Lane today, was at the game, didn't even see him on the sideline.

Agreed on all your points. After a strong start he's fallen off the face of the earth. Piroli is clearly still hurt doesn't look like the same player.if he had another year they would have tried a medical redshirt. This game was set up for lane with Cornell playing so much zone. I'm assuming he was sick. Sums up this season

Cornell goalie made 13 saves while Molloy had 6 thus somewhat negating the face-off advantage.

Molloy experiment should be over. Time to go back to Hill

Allegedly there is a stomach virus going around the team. That's why Mellon didn't start.

JeremyCuse said:
Molloy experiment should be over. Time to go back to Hill

Sorta appears we just don't have a good goalie.

It's a little bit of everything with this team.

Nothing to really hang their hat on.

Thought it was going to be defense and goal play, but even that's been mediocre.

@laxfilmroom
Especially considering that I had the Cornell O as ranked only 42nd in adjusted efficiency heading into the game tonight

wvlax said:
DeJoe & Salcido a combined 0 for 10 shooting.

We rely too much on deep shots.

Interior passing is a huge weakness.

Recruiting
Xs and Os
Coaching up players

On a percentage basis - where do the problems lay?

Was that Firman who was guarding Matthews on the OT goal? Is Firman playing SSDM now?

Thanks- just watched the last play again. The first time I watched it I thought 25 was playing with a short stick. Painful.

That was Firman. He's playing LSM.

Thanks- just watched the last play again. The first time I watched it I thought 25 was playing with a short stick. Painful.

It's weird in that for some reason Firman seems to let up, you can see it when they cross the 20 yard line. It's like he anticipates a slide coming that never comes so he's letting up. There's no way he is running with that guy at full speed and not in a million years does he think that kid is going to walk right into the goal.

Molloy with pretty weak goal tending there to.

defensive chemistry/IQ at this point is a trainwreck. Guys aren't sure when to slide or not slide, makes me wonder what kind of talk is happening on the field.

It's weird in that for some reason Firman seems to let up, you can see it when they cross the 20 yard line. It's like he anticipates a slide coming that never comes so he's letting up. There's no way he is running with that guy at full speed and not in a million years does he think that kid is going to walk right into the goal.

Molloy with pretty weak goal tending there to.

defensive chemistry/IQ at this point is a trainwreck. Guys aren't sure when to slide or not slide, makes me wonder what kind of talk is happening on the field.

In the post game interview, Molloy didn't call for a slide because he didn't think one was needed, and he admitted he blew the save.

In the post game interview, Molloy didn't call for a slide because he didn't think one was needed, and he admitted he blew the save.

Thats interesting. I was guessing the slide didn't come because they didn't think one was needed. Watching that clip I didn't think it was needed either until - well it was needed - Firman lets up. It's an oh moment.

It was really poor play by Firman, which was disappointing in that he's well schooled, fundamentally sound and usually pretty darn good.

but overall its poor communication. Firman seemingly letting the guy go to the slide but the slide never coming. Nobody is on the same page.

In what capacity were these 3 the middies? 2nd line?
3rd line

1st line is dejoe, salcido, mariano
2nd line simmons, weston, and i cant rrmemeber ho played on the second line...Lane as out so he didnt play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom