Cornell Game Thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Game Thread...

Couldn't get a better shot than that to end the half?

Yeah, he started too late, I wonder if he had the clock wrong in his head - that was a tad more awkward than I'm used to seeing from G.

Good to see us playing well together as a team.

I think we'll rattle off some weird wins with hot 3 point shooting but at this point I'd be shocked if we get into the tourney.

I wish that I could argue with you about this, but I think that your scenario is pretty likely.

Yeah, he started too late, I wonder if he had the clock wrong in his head - that was a tad more awkward than I'm used to seeing from G.

I'm starting to doubt G's capabilities playing the 1. He just doesn't look natural at all playing the position and the offense seemed to flow better with KJ in the game.

And, no Frank Howard...'Break him out in Case of Emergency' remains his only hope of PT.

Maybe we'll get down double-digits in the second half and he can play.

I really need to see what TC does in practice that warrants this...
he's second half only! it's the new rule!

I'm starting to doubt G's capabilities playing the 1. He just doesn't look natural at all playing the position and the offense seemed to flow better with KJ in the game.
Totally agree; but KJ played without even looking at the basket, he has to think score at least on occasion...

I don't get why KJ is the whipping boy and Cooney is the golden boy. KJ almost always looks decent when he's in and the ball movement is so much better. God forbid Cooney has to sit for more than 45 seconds.

That last possession was so frustrating. Sitting there pounding the ball at half court until the clock gets down to about 5-6 seconds, and then VERY SLOWLY starting to make a move toward the hoop and pulling up for a contested 23 footer? What the hell kind of final shot is that?

So frustrating.

I don't get why KJ is the whipping boy and Cooney is the golden boy. KJ almost always looks decent when he's in and the ball movement is so much better. God forbid Cooney has to sit for more than 45 seconds.
On days like this I'm all for keeping Cooney's legs fresh. Really fresh.

The next guard who allows an uncontested open 3 gets benched. The perimeter D is flat awful. Just like last game. We are fortunate Cornell is missing most of the open shots.

jekelish said:
That last possession was so frustrating. Sitting there pounding the ball at half court until the clock gets down to about 5-6 seconds, and then VERY SLOWLY starting to make a move toward the hoop and pulling up for a contested 23 footer? What the hell kind of final shot is that? So frustrating.

I thought this might be a fun team to watch. I was wrong.

This is team is very hard to watch.

The next guard who allows an uncontested open 3 gets benched. The perimeter D is flat awful. Just like last game. We are fortunate Cornell is missing most of the open shots.
at least Hop did bench Cooney for allowing an open one

I thought this might be a fun team to watch. I was wrong.

This is team is very hard to watch.
When they're making their threes, they're fun. But unfortunately, they are not going to be making their threes very often, and the guys who shoot the most threes are the guys who miss the most threes (Cooney and Richardson...G might technically take more threes than Malachi, I'm not sure, but you get my point).

Madbiker said:
we won't have anyone left to play. Our guard play at the top of the zone has been a sieve.

On days like this I'm all for keeping Cooney's legs fresh. Really fresh.

I'm more of a Cooney supporter than "hater", but when he's playing like this he should be sitting. We have Howard and Joseph on the bench, no reason to give them 5 straight minutes and see what they do, if they fail, put Cooney back in, he still doesn't have it, go with the other guy Howard or Joseph who didn't play the first time and use some sort of rotation, throw crap against the wall and see what sticks, it can't be worse than what is happening.

Like I said earlier, Joseph actually looked like a point guard bringing the ball up and G looked like a scorer when he wasn't bringing the ball up, isn't that what we want?

Frank Howard may have an academic issue, missed a final perhaps? I'd play Christian White over Cooney, so how does FH not get a shot?

I swear to god we must teach our guards to close out with their hands at their sides. It's an epidemic.

As much as I loved them at the other end of the court, Flynn and Devendorf were the absolute worst at closing on shooters.

At least Malachi hit a couple three...

As much as I loved them at the other end of the court, Flynn and Devendorf were the absolute worst at closing on shooters.

I would love to have non-closing Devo on this team. :)

I'm more of a Cooney supporter than "hater", but when he's playing like this he should be sitting. We have Howard and Joseph on the bench, no reason to give them 5 straight minutes and see what they do, if they fail, put Cooney back in, he still doesn't have it, go with the other guy Howard or Joseph who didn't play the first time and use some sort of rotation, throw crap against the wall and see what sticks, it can't be worse than what is happening.

Like I said earlier, Joseph actually looked like a point guard bringing the ball up and G looked like a scorer when he wasn't bringing the ball up, isn't that what we want?
I've been screaming from the rooftops ever since it came out that G would be our starting PG that it was an enormous mistake. You're taking him away from what he does best (scoring the ball) and forcing him into a role doing something he's not particularly good at (facilitating and taking care of the ball). It just makes little to no sense to me, and never has. He's not a point guard. We're better with him playing off the ball.

It's flat out ridiculous at this point. Cooney is a poor man's Marius Janulis, and yet he gets rope like he's GMac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom