Cornell Game Thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Game Thread...

Painful start.

What are we doing?

It's flat out ridiculous at this point. Cooney is a poor man's Marius Janulis, and yet he gets rope like he's GMac.

He did hit 40% of his threes in his first 10 games his Sophomore year. :noidea:

And he hit one!!! :)

I would kill for him to be Marius Janulis as a shooter. Marius was 40%.

Poor man's might not have been strong enough. Homeless man's Janulis perhaps?

Richardson is so frustrating. He absolutely has not earned the right for taking half the threes he attempts. He's so quick on the trigger but is still, at this point, a streak shooter at best.

Gminiski calling Cooney a shooter is the stuff that drives me insane. He isn't a sharpshooter who he is decent. I don't want him continuing to shoot like Gman said he has to do.
We need more guards that can play. Atleast with Joseph on the court Gbinije can just score.

Problem with this team is when they don't make 3s, they're really not very good at driving to the basket and finishing.

Problem with this team is when they don't make 3s, they're really not very good at driving to the basket and finishing.
And this is, again, where it kills us to have our best scorer handling point guard duties. Let Gbinije focus on being a scorer. Don't put the added pressure of running the offense on him; let him do what he does best, please. Please. Please.

Cooney clearly a much different shooter off kickouts!

It's flat out ridiculous at this point. Cooney is a poor man's Marius Janulis, and yet he gets rope like he's GMac.
GMac had too much rope.

Cooney clearly a much different shooter off kickouts!
Everyone is. But our guys like to just work it around the perimeter and launch off balance stuff half the time. Getting an inside out pass so you can step right into it and go straight up is the best possible shot you're going to get from 3.

jekelish said:
And this is, again, where it kills us to have our best scorer handling point guard duties. Let Gbinije focus on being a scorer. Don't put the added pressure of running the offense on him; let him do what he does best, please. Please. Please.

I don't see that changing. JB made up his mind a long time ago that G is the PG.

Everyone is. But our guys like to just work it around the perimeter and launch off balance stuff half the time. Getting an inside out pass so you can step right into it and go straight up is the best possible shot you're going to get from 3.
Hard to go inside out when we don't let our bigs post up.

Has Roberson ever scored on a non putback or receive a quick pass for an open dunk? 99% of the time he gets the ball he either puts up an ugly jumper or dribbles it like my grandmother would, take a couple of steps and pass it back to whomever passed it to him.

I don't think the refs would let the best point guard on the bench in Autry to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom