Cornell Gameday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Gameday...

Dordevic looked like he was limping a little after that last possession.

Cornell gets its first save a quarter and half into the game. Big Red also just went to a zone for the first time. Buttermore turned down a good look for an open Dordevic who was farther out. SU should be in better shape to handle a zone with Buttermore and Birtwistle healthy.

Cordes has to finish that, hesitated for a second. SU getting good looks against the zone.

tucker scores with flags on the ground 14 seconds left, 11-6 CUSE.

The officiating on draws is always all over the map. Sometimes its officiated like its the women's game other days its the WWF out there.
yeah the coaches i was talking with thought there were at least 5 draws with clear violations missed in the first half.. but the intensity/phyiscallity of SU is winning the game so far

I think this is the first ref all season who has actually talked to the face offs guys and gotten them into position before backing off to blow the whistle.

Little run in the second by Cornell, helped with a couple bounces going their way and some bad defense. For the most part the refs letting them be physical and it seems like Cornell wasn't ready for it. Offense looked good for the most part, slowed a little when faced with the zone defense but at least they didn't look lost against it like earlier in the year.

I think this is the first ref all season who has actually talked to the face offs guys and gotten them into position before backing off to blow the whistle.

Little run in the second by Cornell, helped with a couple bounces going their way and some bad defense. For the most part the refs letting them be physical and it seems like Cornell wasn't ready for it. Offense looked good for the most part, slowed a little when faced with the zone defense but at least they didn't look lost against it like earlier in the year.

Ya some bad beats on 2 Cornell goals 1 a complete bounce job but it happens. Gavin is going to have to make a few high end saves in the 2nd half for SU to win.

It was so different that early in the game I was actually wondering if something was wrong! It’s good to see at least someone do it the old way than for them to have to guess what the refs want/are looking for each week.

Syracuse has to have the biggest peaks and valleys of any team this year.

For them its all about finishing and turnovers. Only 3 turnovers and they finished most of the point blank looks. They were abysmal at both against Albany.

Jinxed, right on cue a no pressure turnover and easy Cornell goal.

Less then stellar start, D and Phaup both look tired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom