Cornell Gameday... | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Gameday...

I mean the last one was right in the doorstep. Thomson has to finish.

Thomson and someone else (might have been English) had pretty good looks. The Rhoa look worked last Sat against ND but had no shot today, no idea what he was thinking. Can't remember the 4th look but SU's in-ability to score an OT goal has reached absurd levels. The Thomson stuff was especially egregious.

Time for Lost U-Boats of WWII on the History Channel.

Maybe they'll find our missing 2nd half offense.
Im going with port Portection Alaska on Disney plus

Thomson and someone else (might have been English) had pretty good looks. The Rhoa look worked last Sat against ND but had no shot today, no idea what he was thinking. Can't remember the 4th look but SU's in-ability to score an OT goal has reached absurd levels. The Thomson stuff was especially egregious.
Not such big words a lot of drunk people tonight don’t know such big words.

Mean on both overtime faceoff stevens picked it up like game tying one right not push it right away instead we slowed it down let everyone setup n did nothing. This team has all talent but honestly feel they lack the heart or drive to push thru.

If we miss the tournament again, Gait needs to be on thin ice next season. He’s brought in talent, but all other aspects of the program are lacking.
I suspect that it'll be 2026. I hope it won't get to that.

They were looking so good to make this year's tournament... I hope they still do.

They really need to make the tournament going forward.
Again, the team is looking better this year than the last few years.

Gary & Joey Spallina need to make it happen... get in the tournament and win it!

Agreed but we got Joey the ball what once in both OT's and that one time he put a dime on Thomson who got stoned on a point blank look. Hard to put the blame on him, why weren't we letting him initiate?
Because Mule had a short stick on him.

:rolleyes:

Move English, Leo, or Rhoa to attack. Never let an assistant get a bench penalty again. Retire the junkyard dogs. Move on from this abhorrent lacrosse game and never speak of it again.

Burn the tape.

Coach O was pretty bad tonight as well. The junk yard dogs should have been junked early, they gave up a ton of easy goals throughout the game. I can’t believe I’m saying this but Kol had Goldstein locked up most of the game, there was no need to go to Caccamo (who gave up an early goal).

Honestly they showed their true colors tonight and they just don’t have enough. Gait lost control early and never should have let his players get away with half the stuff they did. Played right into Cornell’s hands. What a joke

Ya I didn't get the switch to Caccamo to be honest, maybe I missed something but he wasn't the problem.

The man down all back up unit has to be scrapped. They do OK but if SU doesn't get the ball clean its a total cluster because they don't matchup at all when it becomes a six on six and clearing with that unit is a total unknown. Titus for the 2nd game turned it over and it led to a Cornell goal.

Mean on both overtime faceoff stevens picked it up like game tying one right not push it right away instead we slowed it down let everyone setup n did nothing. This team has all talent but honestly feel they lack the heart or drive to push thru.

If he pushes it and takes a bad shot, everyone will scream that we should have called a TO.

Kobayashi Maru.

The IL article on this game is gonna be rough. The insta post on this is gonna be absurd. The comments are gonna be horrid. I can only imagine what the drive back to Syracuse must be like.

Well the team has chances to redeem themselves in the next couple of weeks and still make this season feel like an improvement but right now man this one stings real bad.

Give Stevens credit he won both those GBs in both OT's and made it look easy. Slow or quick if your SU you got 4 looks at a really bad Cornell offense, put the ball in the back of the net.

They were looking so good to make this year's tournament... I hope they still do.

Gary & Joey Spallina need to make it happen... get in the tournament and win it!

IF SU doesn't make the tourney this year his seat will be red hot. Fair or not three straight years of missing the tourney isn't gonna fly here. If SU lost out I wouldn't be shocked if there was a major shake up.

Mental toughness seems to be the biggest issue with this team. They seem to wilt in high pressure situations and no one from offense through goalie seems able to step up and be a game changer at critical times. The most glaring weakness in my mind is the offense - lots of razzle dazzle and skill when things are easy but they lack real physical and mental grit to execute when crunch time comes.

IF SU doesn't make the tourney this year his seat will be red hot. Fair or not three straight years of missing the tourney isn't gonna fly here. If SU lost out I wouldn't be shocked if there was a major shake up.
Who’s on your shortlist?

If he pushes it and takes a bad shot, everyone will scream that we should have called a TO.

Kobayashi Maru.

Gait didnt' call a TO on either initial possession in OT. I guess the first one makes sense but not in the 2nd I didn't get at all.

Give Stevens credit he won both those GBs in both OT's and made it look easy. Slow or quick if your SU you got 4 looks at a really bad Cornell offense, put the ball in the back of the net.
wasn’t blaming stevens was just saying we should of pushed it as score tons of goals in unsetttled. But yes they def had looks. Every overtime lost this year was cause of offense choking not burying the good looks they got .

if they beat unc they will still get in. they have two top 10 wins. it's still a good resume

lose to unc though and all bets are off

Who’s on your shortlist?

I find it highly unlikely they would move off of Gait even if they lost out but I can't say there's 0% chance. As for a shortlist good question, probably the usual suspects including Shay and a few others.

Mentally weak. Not a good sign for future teams knowing how young they are

I find it highly unlikely they would move off of Gait even if they lost out but I can't say there's 0% chance. As for a shortlist good question, probably the usual suspects including Shay and a few others.
Shay or tiffany should’ve been the guy 3 years ago. Their ties to the area are so strong. Hell, they out recruit us in upstate now for talent. Throw a bag at them and let’s roll

Shay or tiffany should’ve been the guy 3 years ago. Their ties to the area are so strong. Hell, they out recruit us in upstate now for talent. Throw a bag at them and let’s roll

Zero shot at Tiffany, that ship has long sailed. Shay could happen though but it would take some $$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom