Cornell Gameday... | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Gameday...

Complete fail by the NCAA letting this pri ck ref a cornell game. Get's in March's face right in the video. How does March not touch the guy? Holy crap the amount of complete bull sheeit that had to happen for us to lose this damn game. Most of it was self inflicted don't get me wrong, but this easily lead to at least three Cornell goals. Unbelievable.

Ref #77 (Miller) has been an issue in SU games all year. I recall pointing it out in an early season home game thread (I’d have to look up which game) when March & Spallina attempted to talk to him after he announced a questionable substitution box infraction & he literally looked at them & yelled “shut up!!”, as if he was telling a dog to stop barking, before walking away. It was highly unprofessional & disrespectful, especially after they had waited for him to announce the call without interrupting. Footage & audio are clear as day.

Was just gonna post this myself, great info by that guy. That official needs a reprimand and shouldn't be officiating Cornell games
I understand there probably aren't a lot of experienced refs without some connection to Upstate lacrosse schools.

But this guy needs remedial training from Matty Palumb!

He has worked for Cornell in the past, has always lived in Ithaca, and is even currently employed by the freaking school with a freaking Cornell email address! What in the fudge!

I think #77 has had enough fudge.

If March just said some bad stuff to him he should have never gotten close to him and just thrown the unsportsmanlike flag for one minute unreleasable or whatever it is when a coach just mouths off too much. He knows by getting up in his face he can up the penalty by saying that March touched him. He initiated the move into March's space. Then he immediately after throws the flag for contact with the referee. Contact that he freaking started!

If a coach is screaming at you all you should be allowed to do is say "coach if you keep it up I am going to throw a flag" and then thrown a flag if he keeps it up! You should NEVER be allowed to get in the face of a coach and then throw a flag for whatever contact happens. That contact rule should only apply if March walked into his space in the penalty box area and initiated contact! Like in baseball when the manager sprints up and goes brim to brim of his baseball hat with the ump who then tosses him. This would be like if the ump jogged up to the manager and then tossed him for getting too close!! And then you add he is a freaking Cornell guy on top of that!! Insanity! The fact there is video should help our case.

hey the refs ain't a big pool to choose from. thankless job. but i'm a hermit and i know 2 who work regularly . both with upstate connections who understand that when the game starts all that disappears .

Only way this would not be insane is if that temporary employee of Cornell is a different Dan Miller. Otherwise what the hell are we doing here. You can literally email the freaking guy right now if you want at cornell.edu!

Only way this would not be insane is if that temporary employee of Cornell is a different Dan Miller. Otherwise what the hell are we doing here. You can literally email the freaking guy right now if you want at cornell.edu!
Can we get Palumb to ref some games?

The whole game was determined by that sequence. It was a travesty of a mockery of a sham.

the incredible conflict of interest and then that guy abuses his authority.

what bs.

and if 62 just does his job that would be fine. He just sucked.

given the blatant zapruder film evidence of the blown call march was so adamantly beechin about no way the league would extend the expulsion. if anything they owe him an apology. and miller should never call an su game again ever.
Could be tough to keep him away from SU games, but one thing is for damn sure, he should never ref a Cornell game. The fact he has is totally insane

The whole game was determined by that sequence. It was a travesty of a mockery of a sham.

While it didn't help matters, there was a whole lot more that cost SU this game.

Spallina has been chirping with guys all season long and has already gotten flagged for it earlier in the season. He keeps his mouth shut and SU gets 2 minutes of unreleasable EMO time to work with instead of wasting half of it waiting for it to be 6 on 5. Only get one rushed shot off and it's saved.

Leo doesn't taunt and Cornell doesn't automatically get the ball with no face off. Cornell would then score.

Thomson doesn't whip his stick at the Cornell player on the restart and there's no interference call. Cornell gets an EMO and scores.

I agree that Miller escalated things by getting in Marchs' face twice but March should have also walked away after getting that first flag, or at least someone on the sideline should have pulled him away. But the team being so undisciplined and then sloppy/unfocused at the end of the game had more effect than March being tossed.

I also disagree with blaming the refs. We need to be more disciplined when things don't go our way. Despite allll the BS it was a 1-goal game. If we're just a hair more disciplined and don't take selfish unsportsmanlike penalties, we escape with a win.

I am not saying that the refs were not bad. They were awful. But we were also extremely undisciplined and, quite frankly, many Orange players looked like they totally lost control of themselves once March got the boot.

Both of those things can be true at the same time. One does not cancel out the other.

While it didn't help matters, there was a whole lot more that cost SU this game.

Spallina has been chirping with guys all season long and has already gotten flagged for it earlier in the season. He keeps his mouth shut and SU gets 2 minutes of unreleasable EMO time to work with instead of wasting half of it waiting for it to be 6 on 5. Only get one rushed shot off and it's saved.

Leo doesn't taunt and Cornell doesn't automatically get the ball with no face off. Cornell would then score.

Thomson doesn't whip his stick at the Cornell player on the restart and there's no interference call. Cornell gets an EMO and scores.

I agree that Miller escalated things by getting in Marchs' face twice but March should have also walked away after getting that first flag, or at least someone on the sideline should have pulled him away. But the team being so undisciplined and then sloppy/unfocused at the end of the game had more effect than March being tossed.
I anticipate Quint having the same take in his Monday morning write up...Couldn't agree more.

I agree that Miller escalated things by getting in Marchs' face twice but March should have also walked away after getting that first flag, or at least someone on the sideline should have pulled him away. But the team being so undisciplined and then sloppy/unfocused at the end of the game had more effect than March being tosse
Spallina has been chirping players all season??????where is there any proof of this at all if anything I’ve seen Joey get in between players to break things up There was 2 bench clearing brawls in Gary Gaits last collegiate game which was a national championship and your calling chirping a problem.if what March did was bad you obviously never saw Tierney or Klarman coach completely laughable.

Last edited:
Having a game where a ref not only has an affiliation but is currently employed by the school is a big deal for the credibility of the sport its bigger then Tuesday night’s game way bigger

Having a game where a ref not only has an affiliation but is currently employed by the school is a big deal for the credibility of the sport its bigger then Tuesday night’s game way bigger
Exactly... both things can be true at once... we should have won the game regardless, but that ref should not have been on the field and it looks like he went after the SU staff deliberately to create a situation where he could toss one of our coaches.

Spallina has been chirping players all season??????where is there any proof of this at all if anything I’ve seen Joey get in between players to break things up There was 2 bench clearing brawls in Gary Gaits last collegiate game which was a national championship and your calling chirping a problem.if what March did was bad you obviously never saw Tierney or Klarman coach completely laughable. If you want
Difference is March is an assistant coach and not a head coach. Ask any ref and they’ll tell you the standards are different between the two. March needs to back off in a situation like this.

Saying that, the ref getting in his face + the ref’s affiliation with Cornell are both ridiculous and need to be addressed.

Wow, just wow on that connection. Who was the assigner for this game? Questioning their affiliation now as well. Or that’s a huge oversight! Miller must be using his personal email instead of his Cornell.edu one for those communications

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom