COVID Impacts Men's Basketball Prior To Niagara Tip | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

COVID Impacts Men's Basketball Prior To Niagara Tip

Not a great example if SU is playing while some team members tested positive Not a good look. There’s no way anyone is going to get through the next two weeks. It’s only going to get worse. How in the world has the football team been covid free for three months and the basketball team (coaches family) can’t get through two games?
That's a great question that should be addressed by someone.

QUOTE="jdubs30, post: 3625011, member: 1620"]
Buddy didn’t test positive
[/QUOTE]
So why isn't he playing?

Okay so why not rapid test him and get him on the court tonight provided he is negative. We need him honestly especially after how we played in the opener.
Because you don’t know when the other person tested positive. Buddy can have it but not actually test positive up until several days aftrrc

I’d rather cancel the game.

No need to play these games with a player out with Covid.
Extend the tournament to another 16-32 teams or add an extra round this year instead. Scrap 1-2 conference games to make it easier. Kids want to play, and basketball is about fun, not just winning. Hope for a quick Buddy recovery.

Okay so why not rapid test him and get him on the court tonight provided he is negative. We need him honestly especially after how we played in the opener.
giphy.gif.cf.gif

Not a great example if SU is playing while some team members tested positive Not a good look. There’s no way anyone is going to get through the next two weeks. It’s only going to get worse. How in the world has the football team been covid free for three months and the basketball team (coaches family) can’t get through two games?
Gonzaga just did the same thing. I didn’t see much press on their “bad example”.

Because you don’t know when the other person tested positive. Buddy can have it but not actually test positive up until several days aftrrc
Correct. My daughter had to wait five days before she could even take a test (she was negative) after a moron teacher went to an idiotic party with s and contracted it. She saw the teacher once, wore a mask the whole time, class was outside, and stood 10’+ away. Didn’t matter.
And it wasn’t like up close basketball sweat exchange like... an NCAA game.

Also it's worth mentioning that JG3 has asthma and is considered high risk. Not the best idea to have somebody who was in close contact play and potentially get him sick.

I might've missed it but are they able to lower for bball games? definitely looks lowered to me but I could be wrong

Yeah, was wondering the same. I would think it must be? It doesn’t look much higher than the bleachers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom