Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25)

Anyone know if Nate Mink finally ranked us this week?

Quick, someone find something to complain about !
I'm happy we're top 25. Some of the others on there are ... confusing.. Michigan has been winning by 40 plus, before squeeking one out against Mary). Ok. I guess. BYU with a big one.

I guess Wake dropping so much bugged me- when comparing to some others on the list.

Coaches know more about football than journalists. There are laughably bad AP voters.

Well, I think both the Coaches and AP poll had Michigan State ranked 11th in the country going into last week's game where MSU played at unranked Washington. They got smoked. Then, this weekend State played at home against Minnesota and and got crushed, literally scoring in the last 25 seconds to avoid getting shut out, losing 31-7. So, there's that...

Quick, someone find something to complain about !
I've got you, no problem. Kansas State lost to a g5 team, tulane and shouldn't be ranked ahead of us. Minnesota beat colorado, the worst p5 team, and New Mexico State, possibly the worst team in FBS and some fcs team. They shouldn't be ranked ahead of us. BYU got smoked by Oregon, who is probably not good, they shouldn't be ranked ahead of us.

I'm pleasantly surprised we made it in one. Wasn't sure that Virginia win would be enough of a spring board.

I'm not actually sure we're a Top 25 team. But we have already accomplished a lot this season.

I think we are but even if we aren’t, we’re at least deserving of a top 25 ranking based on our wins and no losses

I've got you, no problem. Kansas State lost to a g5 team, tulane and shouldn't be ranked ahead of us. Minnesota beat colorado, the worst p5 team, and New Mexico State, possibly the worst team in FBS and some fcs team. They shouldn't be ranked ahead of us. BYU got smoked by Oregon, who is probably not good, they shouldn't be ranked ahead of us.
Colorado was HUMILIATED by FCS Sacremento state 41-10. They're basically a low FCS team.

With that logic, I guess we'll go up 10 spots if we lay one on Wagner... (yeah, right)

Good to enter the rankings this early. With 5 of our remaining 8 upcoming wins...plus the conference championship win...against ranked teams, it is going to be very difficult for the committee to leave us out of the National Championship Playoffs. It is all coming together quite nicely.

Minnesota getting that many more votes than Syracuse is silly. They've blown out two trash p5 teams, the worst team in FBS and and an FCS team.
B1G bias. Just like Michigan should be in top 10. They are only slightly better than a very bad Maryland team.

I think we are but even if we aren’t, we’re at least deserving of a top 25 ranking based on our wins and no losses
Yeah I'm not arguing with it.

Also had to check when the last time either football or basketball was ranked. Before today it was the final Coaches poll of 2021. Basketball came in at #25 as well.

He did not

iu

After the bye week everyone we play is tough. I'll get excited by polls the first week of November. Until then we need to play them one at a time. We're a lot better than we've been in a long time, but we're miles from a dominant program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom