Craft, just sayin' | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Craft, just sayin'

You might want to watch a game if you're going to comment on the officiating. I agree that the team that plays more aggressively gets more calls - if that's what you mean by "better". However, the issue is players that clutch, grab, hold, push, shove, hand check, and generally impede the free movement of the offensive players on every play, every single time down the court - like Craft does - present a HUGE HUGE HUGE challenge for officials. You either need to let a heck of a lot go, or accept you are going to have a starter foul out 3 minutes into a game. That's the issue here. If officials aren't willing to fouls the Crafts of the world out three minutes into a game, then the rules need to be changed so that they can be uniformly enforced - the rules as they stand reward guys for effectively fouling on every trip down the court, which is what has led to all the boring rock fights in college basketball the last few years.

I get that it works for him (and his team), and I get the issue he creates for officials - but lets not sugar coat this and call the nonsense he gets away with "playing better". That's just lazy analysis from a guy that admitted didn't even watch the game.

I openly acknowledged I didn't see that game. However, if you'll look a little more closely, you'll see I offered comments on officiating in general, rather than any specific game.

Furthermore, your other comments indicate only you know almost nothing about officiating. Except that you like to whine about calls/no-calls you don't like.

Grow up. Stop whining about refs.

Aaron Craft is a real gamer. A gym rat if you eill. He won't wow you with athleticism but he is sneaky athletic. He just loves the game of basketball. When he's out there is like having another coach on the floor. he's just really scrappy and heady. Also his dad was a coach.
No. He is a punk a$$ Bee-otch. He is todays Wo Blow Kowski.

Regarding that strip at the end of the highlight video, it looked to me like he got Grant's wrist and then his follow through also got the ball. Whether or not that's a foul is up for debate. I can't fault a ref for calling that play either way.

I didn't see the game, so I have no idea about what plays there were that people are actually up in arms about.

Having said that, Craft does generally foul a ton, just like Louisville did last year, and it's frustrating as all hell to watch that brand of basketball. And I think Craft is overrated just in general. He flat out isn't good on the offensive side in any way, and yet he's treated like an All-American level PG. Just boggles my mind.

But I'd still have taken him at Syracuse. Seems like a good kid, and I think every team can use a guy that plays with as much fire as he does, even if I think his actual abilities are overrated.

I'm not sure this is the play that everyone is all up in arms with. There was a play early in the 2nd half where it looked like Sherman was losing his balance and Craft sort of discarded him, causing the 6'11 255 pounder to crumble to the ground.

maybe thats what some others are talking about and i missed it... but the OP said that craft threw his whole body into grant. so i assumed he was talking about the final play.

maybe thats what some others are talking about and i missed it... but the OP said that craft threw his whole body into grant. so i assumed he was talking about the final play.
So you base your whole condescending argument on something you didn't even see? Solid.

So you base your whole condescending argument on something you didn't even see? Solid.

what are you talking about?

i watched the entire game... you dont need to be a p ri ck.

i said others may have been complaining about that play and i missed it (their complaints). but i was referencing the last play, because that is what the OP was referencing.

again - no reason to be a p ri ck.

merry christmas. go cuse.

if I am being condescending defending a GREAT defensive player, arguably the best in the country with cauley stein, because he is white and syracuse fans choose to hate him because of it and make ridiculous claims that he "cheats"

Its 1 thing to mockingly hate him (which i do fyi). Its another to claim he cheats, wish an injury from a "goon", or say Syracuse would be "embarrassed" to have him on this team.

than so be it. I'll be condescending. and damn proud of it.

No, the OP was not referencing that play. He was referencing the earlier play in which Craft was being screened and then proceeded to launch himself into the ball handler and try to pretend as if he'd been fouled.
No reason to come on here and get holier than thou at people who see one player's constant manipulation of the rules and constant unwarranted praise of said player for what they are.

No, the OP was not referencing that play. He was referencing the earlier play in which Craft was being screened and then proceeded to launch himself into the ball handler and try to pretend as if he'd been fouled.
No reason to come on here and get holier than thou at people who see one player's constant manipulation of the rules and constant unwarranted praise of said player for what they are.

i responded that i was assuming he was talking about the final play... i still am assuming that because i havent heard otherwise.

poppy thought he was talking about a play in regards to the sherminator - which he wasnt because he said grant.

FYI copied and pasted from OP

Craft could be seen checking, swatting, punching at the opponent and the ball and in the closing seconds he pretty much threw his entire body at Jerian Grant and then had the audacity to act as though he expected not to be called for the foul.

i responded that i was assuming he was talking about the final play... i still am assuming that because i havent heard otherwise.

poppy thought he was talking about a play in regards to the sherminator - which he wasnt because he said grant.
Did you really watch the game? Did you not see the play in the closing minutes in which Grant had the ball near mid court and Craft did what I described above? Are you just selectively forgetting that?

Just like the Duke floppers were great defenders, right?

Did you really watch the game? Did you not see the play in the closing minutes in which Grant had the ball near mid court and Craft did what I described above? Are you just selectively forgetting that?

I do remember that play. It was a flop and I called it as such. Wasnt that with like 10 or 15 min to go?

and wasnt it rightly called a foul?

I distinctly remember talking about the play and making fun of him to my OSU friend... but I dont remember being that mad about it.

it definitely wasnt in the closing seconds. and it was 2 days ago - so the memory is a little foggy on that 1.

I like the fact that cusefan just totally glossed over cowtowns experience as an ACTUAL referee and proceeded to talk down to him as if HE were in fact the expert in officiating.

Speculative. I have no proof. Im an internet pron star

Speculative. I have no proof. Im an internet pron star

That doesn't really matter, for there's no way to "prove" anything on one of these. Read the post at face value and make up your own mind. Either way, I stand behind it.

Undue media attention on guys like Craft and Jimmer that take away from far better players.
I wouldn't lump Jimmer with Craft. Jimmer really only got pub during his senior run, and he was phenomenal that season.

I would feel embarrassed to have a player like Craft honestly. Devo was disliked because of his antics and perceived attitude not because he got away with murder while playing. Craft is beloved by the media and allowed to play this way because he is White. There I said it, and I feel strongly that I am right.

Craft and the way he is officiated make be dislike college hoops.

It has nothing to do with him being white

I JUST REALIZED... the play people are "hating" craft on was the 1 with 6 or 7 seconds left...

REALLY?? That was a dirty play? :crazy::bang:

that play was properly called! it was a foul on craft.

he is not an "embarrassment" or "cheat" and i'm not even going to say what i want about people who hope goons get him... i simply do not understand the vitriol or the hate. but at this point... hating him for that that play and wishing injury on him (not necessarily directed at you pearl) is so comical :rolling:. im just going to let my argument die.

i guess you guys/girls quickly forgot what MCW acted like whenever he got touched.

For anyone that wants to see the play being talked about... check out the 5:35 mark.

I thought one of the new points of emphasis in CBB this year was "not impeding a players ability to get to the basket"? Grant was being bodied all the way to the basket which is a foul based on the new rules this year. But it varies from crew to crew as it always has and always will.

I JUST REALIZED... the play people are "hating" craft on was the 1 with 6 or 7 seconds left...

REALLY?? That was a dirty play? :crazy::bang:

that play was properly called! it was a foul on craft.

he is not an "embarrassment" or "cheat" and i'm not even going to say what i want about people who hope goons get him... i simply do not understand the vitriol or the hate. but at this point... hating him for that that play and wishing injury on him (not necessarily directed at you pearl) is so comical :rolling:. im just going to let my argument die.

i guess you guys/girls quickly forgot what MCW acted like whenever he got touched.

For anyone that wants to see the play being talked about... check out the 5:35 mark.

Alright, we get it. You have a man crush. We are all crazy. He's the best defender that ever lived.

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/...ates-the-new-foul-rules-in-college-basketball

:bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom